Contribute
Register

Asus P8Z68 Deluxe Snow Leopard and Lion Guide (Non-Pro ;))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All.

First and foremost thanks for the wonderful info on this page. I got my Asus P8Z68 up and running on the first try of my first build without much of a headache... except...

My audio is problematic. Though I can technically hear something it's extremely "dirty" and full of artifacts. Nearly inaudible. Pretty much as if I had the wrong drivers.

I tried:
Using multibeast to install the Realtek ALC889 Drivers with the Non-DSDT HDAEnabler
Using the Universal VoodooHDA 0.2.72 Drivers
Patching the AppleHDA.kext with HDAwizard and installing HDAEnabler889.kext using Kexts Wizard as per http://www.osx86.net/view/2210-alc889-osx10.7.2.html

Still very scratchy and dirty audio, no changes. Anybody have any suggestions?

Btw this community :headbang:

Problem solved...

I think the problem was that in my first install I installed ALL of the Realtek Audio drivers instead of just the one required. I got my system working flawlessly thanks to this guide. A million thanks to.

A point of irony though. After a few days of work to get this going my liquid cooling system crapped out and I now have to wait who knows how long for the RMA process to enjoy the fruits of my labor.

C'est la vie! :banghead:

Thanks again

Speedstepper Help :(

I'm following the guide from Lion and on. I used Unibeast to install and that part was a breeze, but when I get to part for speed stepper I get this:

SpeedStepper v1.2 - (c) flAked 2011
for AICPUPM v167.0.0 - Lion 10.7.2

unable to open file, try running as root
: Is a directory

I'm running the file from the desktop. If anyone could please help or tell me where I'm going wrong it would be tremendously appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!

I'm encountering like a 15-30 second lag after I wake my system. I've heard some others have experienced the same, but I haven't found any solutions.

I'm using a Logitech wave keyboard and mouse. I've tried different usb ports including my 3.0 ports.

If you guys have solved this, know of a helpful post or tips please let me know. This is really annoying.

Thanks!!

Fourthcubix180 said:
Hello All.
I tried:
Using multibeast to install the Realtek ALC889 Drivers with the Non-DSDT HDAEnabler
Using the Universal VoodooHDA 0.2.72 Drivers
Patching the AppleHDA.kext with HDAwizard and installing HDAEnabler889.kext using Kexts Wizard as per http://www.osx86.net/view/2210-alc889-osx10.7.2.html

Still very scratchy and dirty audio, no changes. Anybody have any suggestions?

My friend from osx86.org.pl made the best LegacyHDA for ALC889 for Asus and MSI:
Code:
http://forum.osx86.org.pl/topics30/legacyhda-alc888-1200-alc889-alc892-dla-snow-1068-i-liona-vt5019.htm
Works: HP HotPlug, Linie-in, digital audio. There are two version - with front or back mic. You need double binpatch and vanilla AppleHDA.

very time of installation or boot i have to disable Hd Audio Controller in my bios
and for this reason i am unable to use sound on my mac. i need Solution for this, thanks

Processor intel core i7 2600k
Motherboard asus p8z68 Deluxe
Ram Corsair Vengeance 4GB
Grpahics Nvidia 8500 GT

Attachments

• Photo0277.jpg
    Photo0277.jpg
    790.4 KB · Views: 303
Hi,

is there a guide for my Asus P8Z68-V with 3203 Bios. I have problems to create/find a DSDT.aml file.

CPU 2500K
Radeon 6950 2GB
8GB Ram.

Thank you

Hello guys,

I have an external firewire sound card that comes with a custom kext attached to my P8Z68 deluxe. I installed my system following this guide.

If the driver is installed in /S/L/E, the system crashes at startup (when loading the dependency IOAudioFamily.kext it forces a kernel panic). If the kext is placed in /S/L/E, the startup procedure tries to load the kext very early. If the kext is placed somewhere and loaded manually using the kextload command on the started system, the driver loads without any problems.

Are there any things to do if I want to use external audio devices? Actually, I deactivated the HDA in the BIOS (because I don't want to use it) and skipped the AppleHDA replacement in Multibeast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back