Contribute
Register

Asus P8Z68 Deluxe Snow Leopard and Lion Guide (Non-Pro ;))

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've noticed a difference between BIOS temps and istat temps. not sure why

Personally I'd say the guide was very easy, vdmesis, myself and buoo have all contributed to getting it to work, and I'm finding my comp is extremely stable and have even been able to manage to get my geek bench score over 16000!

I read around, and other people are having the same issues.
I mean outside of the hackintosh community.
They just aren't accurate readings.

Because people were saying windows was giving 27c with liquid cooling, and their bios was saying 40c+

Alright guys,
I got the combo update installed, and when I reboot, I get KP when I plug in the usb drive with the speed step on it. Any suggestions?

This works fantastic.
And you could save a few steps by just doing it in MultiBeast.
Like installing iMac 12,2
And FakeSMC, and any other stuff needed.

So this guide could be even shorter/quicker.

And one thing, Sleep works, when i hit sleep everything goes off, and my power light blinks, then when i click a key on the keyboard it all comes back on, and my display comes back on, but my keyboard and mouse don't work. So USB isn't working after it wakes up. Anyone have any clue how to fix that. Because it is so close to being 100%

And Network + Audio + USB3 can be installed using multibeast. So like i said, alot can be accomplished through one step. As well as installing Chimera.

Sledhead92 said:
Alright guys,
I got the combo update installed, and when I reboot, I get KP when I plug in the usb drive with the speed step on it. Any suggestions?

Just boot with the USB drive already plugged in. This was happening to me so I just booted with the USB drive plugged in already and it worked.

kylehorn said:
Sledhead92 said:
Alright guys,

Just boot with the USB drive already plugged in. This was happening to me so I just booted with the USB drive plugged in already and it worked.

Thanks, I got it right before you posted, started from scratch and moved all files needed to desktop. My build is running pretty much perfect from what I can tell, it wakes from sleep and takes about 2 minutes to be usable(meaning being able to us mouse or keyboard).

Would be interesting to see all of your geek bench scores.

Mine currently runs around 16000

Sledhead - I had a similar problem which disappeared after disconnecting and reconnecting everything on the back of my comp (including power)

Just ran geekbench and got just under 16000.

I heard that the BIOS doesn't have any sort of CPU power management like Windows or Mac have, so the CPU runs hotter. Made sense to me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back