Contribute
Register

Asus P8Z68 Deluxe Snow Leopard and Lion Guide (Non-Pro ;))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
OSX 10.6
CPU
i7 2600K
Graphics
Radeon 6870
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Falkryr said:
Sledhead92 said:
Alright guys,

So here is my problem, my first osx installation had a geekbench score of 11,000+ and ran overall better.

I have to do a fresh install from scratch last month, and now I am only getting a 5800 geekbench, and the system is running sluggish.

If someone could help me out it would be amazing, because I am using this machine for school.

Have you enabled speed-stepper ?

Yep, I went and reapplied the patch and it said it was all patched.

Motherboard
OSX 10.7.4
CPU
AMD Phenom II x4 965
Graphics
MSI GTX 560 Ti
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hey guys, new user here. I just want to thank you for all of your useful information, especially vdmesis for this great guide.
After a month of trying, reading guides, etc I've finally managed to install SL 10.6.8 (diff rig than in my specs). Works great, so thanks again.

Just in case someone's interested, here's how I did it. Boot cd with SL 10.6.3 retail, then followed the guide, didn't use PCIRoot flag at all. Couldn't patch AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement, rebooted but got a kernel panic, so i deleted AICPUPM and it worked.

Specs:
cpu: intel i5-2500
ram:2x4GB kingston
mobo: asus p8z68 deluxe/ gen3
gpu: gtx 560Ti
64Gb kingston ssd
m-audio audiophile 2469(envy kext)

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hello All.

First and foremost thanks for the wonderful info on this page. I got my Asus P8Z68 up and running on the first try of my first build without much of a headache... except...

My audio is problematic. Though I can technically hear something it's extremely "dirty" and full of artifacts. Nearly inaudible. Pretty much as if I had the wrong drivers.

I tried:
Using multibeast to install the Realtek ALC889 Drivers with the Non-DSDT HDAEnabler
Using the Universal VoodooHDA 0.2.72 Drivers
Patching the AppleHDA.kext with HDAwizard and installing HDAEnabler889.kext using Kexts Wizard as per http://www.osx86.net/view/2210-alc889-osx10.7.2.html

Still very scratchy and dirty audio, no changes. Anybody have any suggestions?

Btw this community :headbang:

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Problem solved...

I think the problem was that in my first install I installed ALL of the Realtek Audio drivers instead of just the one required. I got my system working flawlessly thanks to this guide. A million thanks to.

A point of irony though. After a few days of work to get this going my liquid cooling system crapped out and I now have to wait who knows how long for the RMA process to enjoy the fruits of my labor.

C'est la vie! :banghead:

Thanks again

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Speedstepper Help :(

I'm following the guide from Lion and on. I used Unibeast to install and that part was a breeze, but when I get to part for speed stepper I get this:

SpeedStepper v1.2 - (c) flAked 2011
for AICPUPM v167.0.0 - Lion 10.7.2

unable to open file, try running as root
: Is a directory

I'm running the file from the desktop. If anyone could please help or tell me where I'm going wrong it would be tremendously appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I'm encountering like a 15-30 second lag after I wake my system. I've heard some others have experienced the same, but I haven't found any solutions.

I'm using a Logitech wave keyboard and mouse. I've tried different usb ports including my 3.0 ports.

If you guys have solved this, know of a helpful post or tips please let me know. This is really annoying.

Thanks!!

Motherboard
Z77A-G45
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
GTX660 + HD4000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Fourthcubix180 said:
Hello All.
I tried:
Using multibeast to install the Realtek ALC889 Drivers with the Non-DSDT HDAEnabler
Using the Universal VoodooHDA 0.2.72 Drivers
Patching the AppleHDA.kext with HDAwizard and installing HDAEnabler889.kext using Kexts Wizard as per http://www.osx86.net/view/2210-alc889-osx10.7.2.html

Still very scratchy and dirty audio, no changes. Anybody have any suggestions?

My friend from osx86.org.pl made the best LegacyHDA for ALC889 for Asus and MSI:
Code:
http://forum.osx86.org.pl/topics30/legacyhda-alc888-1200-alc889-alc892-dla-snow-1068-i-liona-vt5019.htm
Works: HP HotPlug, Linie-in, digital audio. There are two version - with front or back mic. You need double binpatch and vanilla AppleHDA.

Motherboard
Unbranded
CPU
Core i7 - 2700k 3.40 GHZ
Graphics
AMD Radeon 6850 1GB DDR5
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
very time of installation or boot i have to disable Hd Audio Controller in my bios
and for this reason i am unable to use sound on my mac. i need Solution for this, thanks

Processor intel core i7 2600k
Motherboard asus p8z68 Deluxe
Ram Corsair Vengeance 4GB
Grpahics Nvidia 8500 GT

Attachments

• Photo0277.jpg
    Photo0277.jpg
    790.4 KB · Views: 262
Motherboard
Asrock Z87E-ITX @ 2.50 EFI, iMac 14,2 Definition
CPU
i7-4770@3.4GHz without K, S
Graphics
AMD Radeon RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

is there a guide for my Asus P8Z68-V with 3203 Bios. I have problems to create/find a DSDT.aml file.

CPU 2500K
Radeon 6950 2GB
8GB Ram.

Thank you

Motherboard
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
NVidia GTX-650
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello guys,

I have an external firewire sound card that comes with a custom kext attached to my P8Z68 deluxe. I installed my system following this guide.

If the driver is installed in /S/L/E, the system crashes at startup (when loading the dependency IOAudioFamily.kext it forces a kernel panic). If the kext is placed in /S/L/E, the startup procedure tries to load the kext very early. If the kext is placed somewhere and loaded manually using the kextload command on the started system, the driver loads without any problems.

Are there any things to do if I want to use external audio devices? Actually, I deactivated the HDA in the BIOS (because I don't want to use it) and skipped the AppleHDA replacement in Multibeast?

Status
Not open for further replies.