Contribute
Register

[ASUS P8V77-V Pro/TB] Kernel panic when booting

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, succeeded in BIOS patch thanks to my wife's old USB 1.0 pen ! Flashback port seem quite sensitive.

I patched my clover setup with your DSDT file and remove AsusAICPUPM

I had a KP after I enter desktop after first boot. Reboot went right and KP dump show issue in system cache. I used Onyx to clear kernl & exts cache, reboot, and now all is working fine.

One more question : Which profile are you using in SMBconfig ? I currently use MacPro 3,1.

I begin to find people in this group in common and that pleases me, hopefully constantly keep for future reference to help our technical problems and always achieve the best solutions we can be productive ...

greetings to all...!!

I'm using MacPro6,1 System Definition with great results.
If you want to test with this System Def., please BE CAREFULL of modify your AppleGraphicsControl.kext in S/L/E folder, and after that, clear all system caches with Onyx (I use ElCapitan Cache Cleaner). Otherwise your system will boot with no image at screen (because MacPro6,1 display settings resctrictions), and you'll go mad to solve it... :banghead:

More easy, take my modified kext (attached), and install it with Kextbeast, and again clear all caches.

View attachment AppleGraphicsControl.kext.zip

I use your kext and patch system, and it is now working fine with Mac Pro 6,1. I tried this before, but was unsuccessful having the video output working.

One more question: Did audio working only with DSDT or you had to use Toledo's script to enable Realtek audio ?
Each time I use the script, audio is activated, but script warns about possible issue, and after reboot system gets unstable and ofter crash, or won't boot.

Looks like SIP is not disabled when I put 0x67 in [FONT=Helvetica, arial, freesans, clean, sans-serif]car-active-config[/FONT]. I'll try to upgrade clover, maybe my release has a bug.

I use the Toleda's script without problems, moreover, my DSDT is ready to HDMI audio, so I have both systems working, onboard audio and HDMI audio.
As Csrconfig, no problems neither here. Maybe is something about your Clover version. I use always the latest version available.

It seems there is something wrong with my video card. Each time i setup audio, I have KP at each reboot, and have to boot with USB install pen. I put back fakesmc.kext in clover kext folder. It prevent the KP from occurring. I wonder if I should not try to install nvidia web drivers.

I don't use Nvidia Web drivers, only native drivers, because Web drivers cause problems to me too. Again is not the same graphics card. Don't know if it's relevant.

Check out again your settings in Clover (Graphics injection or other settings). My GT640 works without Nvidia injection (GraphicsEnabler=No). I have intel integrated graphics disabled in BIOS too, cause I don't need it, and I'm not injecting Intel Graphics in Clover neither.

seems like I found the issue... My bad ... BIOS feature "Quick boot" was active. Once disabled everything seems to go right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back