Graphics
iGPU
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Quick breakdown:

Update to latest Bios (1204 I believe)
In Bios change the bus ration from Auto (34) to 29
precopy 10.6.6 combo update, bridgehelper and multibeast to usb key

1. boot with iboot legacy cd and install from usb key with cd iamge or DVD (if dvd swap & press F5)
2. reboot with iboot legacy cd and select new install and continue setup
3. copy 10.6.6 combo, bridgehelper, multibest folder from usb key to desktop
(you may eject usb key)
4. install 10.6.6 combo update (do not reboot)
5. install bridgehelper
6. install multibeast, select easybeast and osx86 Software
7 restart

kext
install Ethernet “AppleIntelE1000e.zip”
install sleepenabler “SleepEnabler.kext.10.6.x.zip”

multibeast (couldl have probably selected these during the initial run of multibeast)
(drivers & bootloaders, kext & enablers, Audio
Select Realtek ALC8xx
AppleHDA Rollback
Non-DSDT HDAEnabler (open)
ALC892

I currently have this working in 32 bit mode. I do have to type busratio=29 each time I boot or restart. I tried putting it in the plist in Extra but it does not work. If I try running 64 bit, it boot's but I have slow video and slow mouse otherwise 32 bit works fine, sleep is working and sound.

If anyone has any hints for getting 64 to fully work or get the busratio=29 to work that would be great!

Same exact configuration here and I can get into 64-bit mode but the graphics are very, very slow. So I'm sticking with 32-bit. I've been doing my work routine on this machine the last week and have only had a single KP (coming back from sleep mode incidentally) so I'm happy for now. Once Apple launches their Sandy Bridge parts hopefully we can go back to a vanilla kernel and have 64-bit support. ;)

Yeah can't wait for full support.

I tried my other 4 gig stick but the system autoshutsdown after the apple logo comes up. Even with -x -v -s so it's 32 bit with 4 gigs which is fine for now.

I am using P8P67 board with i5-2500k
No problems with 16gb rams, try -force64?

Only problem for me now is that it may crash periodically and sleep is not enabled.

hi guys,

I'm using the Asus P8P67Pro and i can successfully boot without the need for the cd/or busratio=29. Using the latest MultiBeast.

so far the issues i have are:

-slow mouse
-my CPU and Ram are not detected properly.

havent try sleep yet.

My spec:
Asus P8P67Pro
i7-2600K stock speed for now :lol:
BFG Geforce 260 OC MaxCore 55
Gskill 4gig DDR3 1600
Zalman 850watt PSU.

You can try to check this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=79&t=12490&start=10

virx said:
I installed OS X on 2 more partitions playing with different options, here is a small guide for installation on P8P67.

Requirements:
- Burn a CD with iBoot-Legacy. The latest iBoot (iBoot 2.6) will not work!
- either get a USB DVD reader and use it for install or create a USB stick with Snow Leopard installation disk. Installation from a SATA DVD will not work. It is OK to boot with iBoot-Legacy on SATA DVD though.
- in BIOS AI Tweaker section set BUS frequency to 100 and turbo ratio to the default value for your CPU (37 for i5-2500k).
- in BIOS disable HD Audio.

Installation:
- boot with iBoot-legacy. If using USB stick with OS X install, move curson to it, if using USB DVD reader change disk to OS X Install disk and press F5.
- use the following options to boot install disk:
Code:
-v PCIRootUID=1 busratio=29

It should get to the install screen, just install OS X as you normally do. After it finished installing and reboots, boot with iBoot-Legacy again. Make sure HD Audio is turned off in BIOS at this point or you will get a KP in VoodooAudio. Boot your newly installed partition with the following command line:
Code:
-v PCIRootUID=1 busratio=29 GraphicsEnabler=No

- install 10.6.6 combo update, followed by BridgeHelper, then Multibeast 3.2.0. In MultiBeast select the following options:
x EasyBeast install
x Drivers -> Kexts -> Audio - > Realtek: ALC8xxHDA, AppleHDA Rollback, Non-DST->ALC992
x (if using non-Fermi Nvidia ) Drivers->Kexts->Graphics->Enablers->NVEnabler.
x Drivers->Bootloaders->Chameleon 2.0 RC5 - Sandy
x Customization->Boot options->64 bit GraphicsEnabler=No
x Customization->Boot Options->PCI Root ID Fix

Finish Multibeast install, DO NOT REBOOT yet.

Open /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist and change kernel flags string to

Code:
<string>arch=x86_64 busratio=29 PCIRootUID=1</string>

Reboot now, boot from hard drive and you should have your Mac working. You can enable HD Audio and overclock options in BIOS now.

in my experience, booting with PCIRootUID=1 will result in blank screen....and i had to start all over again.

busratio=29 was all i need.

Hi. I also have p8p67 and 2600k, gtx 260. My system is working fine now. I am trying dual boot. But it doesn't work..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back