Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
ASUS P8P67 Pro (rev 3.0)
CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX850 V2 850W ATX12V
CORSAIR CWCH60 Hydro Series H60 High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz

trying to power up but the cpu_led comes on solid. i cleared/reset the cmos (i think?) as it was dual booting, and resetting got rid of the dual boot, but i can't get past powering up. no bios, no post. i've tried putting in 4gb of CORSAIR DOMINATOR 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 into the second slot, but to no avail.

any thoughts? i'm pretty bummedn :(

Usually a memory problem. Remove and replace the first memory module. If the red light remains, remove and replace the first memory module with the second in the first slot. If the red light remains, verify the memory you received is correct. Good luck.

There is a ram_led and a CPU_led. And the CPU_led is on with or without ram installed. Should I try getting new ram? Shouldn't the CPU_led function independently of the ram?

this is probably WAAAAY too late, but for documentation purposes, the cpu light is for (quite obviously) cpu problems. I would start with physically removing the cpu, checking the pins on the cpu for burn marks, improper thermal compound "dripage", and proper cpu alignment in the cpu slot and if everything looks good, reassemble and give it another go... if it persists, it's probably a power flow problem - check to make sure that you've plugged in all of the cpu power leads along the top left edge of the board (i had this mistake originally, forgot to plug in one of the cpu power leads).

best of luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back