Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
  5. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I'm rather surprised that I am unable to find a DSDT for my Asus p8p67 pro motherboard. Can someone please tell me why this forum seems to have an affinity for gigabyte boards (often to the point of discouraging those who use equally good competitor's boards?).

I've been attempting to get the following working and I had hoped that once a proper dsdt was made that everything would just "click" and then I wouldn't have to worry at all about the smbios.ini anymore:

wake on lan
sleep (without crashing)
speed step / proper cpu power management
possible overclocking capabilities (I'm running an i7-2600k)
proper ram detection
32 AND 64 bit modes (right now i seem to be locked to 64bit and it breaks some apps)
sound support without having to mess with drivers much
some other misc. things i can't think of right now

I really wish that I could just construct a boot disc / installer that includes full hardware / driver support for my p8p67 pro and fermi gpu - something effortless like multibeast is only with just the drivers i need.

I think you can use DSDTSE to generate your own DSDT.aml file and you can go from there to customize it the way you want. I believe not all DSDT.aml is the same even with the same motherboard since we all have different hardware. At least thats what i get from reading all the posts. I've been trying to look for a DSDT for my p8p67 pro board as well. I just ended up creating my own and it's been working better. Sleep works and i have some speedstepping 1.6ghz to 4.6ghz nothing in the middle unless i change the bios to have the 4 speedsteps defined.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back