Contribute
Register

ASUS P8P67-LE Clover - can't boot from HDD after install (only UEFI USB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS P8P67-LE
CPU
i5-2400
Graphics
GTX 550TI
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi everyone,

I have successfully installed OS X Yosemite using the USB installer, which is recognised in the boot menu as UEFI. However I cannot successfully install the UEFI Clover boot loader to my HDD (Step 4. http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html) and have it recognised as a UEFI drive (or boot from it using the UEFI installer).

The story so far:

• Every other drive has been unplugged from my system, so it is only the USB installer and my HDD.
  • After checking the option in Clover 'Install for UEFI booting only', and selecting to boot from my HDD I receive the following text: "Reboot and Select proper Boot device". The drive does not have the UEFI label across it either.

I would like to leverage the UEFI capabilities of the motherboard as much as possible, so if anyone has any ideas why I cannot boot from my HDD (only the USB) let me know :thumbup:

Cheers,
Craig

Having the exact same issue, I also have to go into my Bios Settings to click which drive to start even though it already directs to the ssd I want it to. Can anyone help?

Same issue here as well, can't boot from a SSD HDD. I am on a P8P67 mobo (reg, not LE or DX or PRO)

Here's what i've done so far:

- unplugged all other SATA devices
- formatted EFI partition as FAT32
- tried installing from another SSD SATA device.

The only thing I haven't tried yet is installing Yosemite on a removable USB HD and eliminating the SATA interface as the issue. Also not sure if mucking with the NVRAM will help...don't have any experience with that.

This is long since gone away, but since I just struggled through this issue on my own, here's an answer for anyone else searching:

Make sure you have NOTHING plugged in to any of the USB3 ports (particularly the Red ones that aren't Intel-based). This is true even if the ports are disabled and/or in USB2 mode. If you do have something, move them to USB2 ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back