Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Finaly!!!!! It works (EDIT: NOW IT WORKS WITH SPEEDSTEP!!!!)
some key points:
1.Mac OS X does not Suport internal graphics through an RGB port therefor this board CANNOT Suport internal graphics of any type (even 3000/4000) so get a card! (I got nvidia 210)
2.the board does not have bios flashback feature, and the board is not compatible with DPCIManager (flashrom) and so using a patched bios is impossible without an external flashrom programmer. If anyone gets this working, please tell me.

step 1: setup a unibeast drive
step 2: boot to BIOS(UEFI) and reset defaults (f5) go to advanced mode(f7) click advanced tab, SATA config, sata mode, set to AHCI (ESC and save changes /reset)
Step 3: hold f8 at splash screen and select unibeast drive, arrow to unibeast, type flag "PCIRootUID=0" and return
step 4: use disk utility to format drive and install OS. (it's ok if it says it failed)
step 5: boot to USB with f8 but this time select your hard drive (use PCIRootUID=0)
step 6: initialize OS by following on screen instructions
step 6.5: get DSDT View attachment DSDT.aml.zip and unzip and put on desktop (mods are welcome to add this to database)
step 7: get MultiBeast off flash drive and install the following:
User DSDT or DSDT free
Drivers->Audio->Realtek ALC8xx->without DSDT->ALC887/888->current
disk->IOAHCIBlockstorageinjector
misc->fakesmc
misc->fakesmc plugins(all)
Misc->ps/2 keyboard/mice
network->lnx2mac realtek
system->patched intelcpupowermanagement->10.8.x
Customization->SSDT->Sandy Bridge Core i5 (IT MADE MINE WORK even though its i3)

Step 8: select release version in the Realtek installer
Step 9: reboot and check that it works without flash drive.
step 10: replace the /extra/org.chameleon.boot.plist with this:View attachment org.chameleon.Boot.plist to enable no wait boot and SSDT

Sound: Works (Will not mute, but turning it all the way down is the same)
Drives show as internal: Works
Lan: Works
Internal graphics: Don't work
speedstep: The speedstep is using steps between 3.8 and 1.6 Ghz, the top is outside my CPU range, but it dosent seem to matter. sleep does not work, I hope I can use a patched bios in the future for that.

Asus P8H61-M LX PLUS R2.0 [SUCESS] ML

Thanks so much for this! Looking forward to getting mine working. But looks like your DSDT link is invalid.

nvm

i know that this mobo doesnt suport the vga included...

could be doable if i put a video card asus gtx 650 ti 1gb and plug the monitor to it?? via dvi??

I use ASUS P8H61,i5,Nvidia Quadro 600,8G DDR3 1333.With the help of Timvrakas'DSDT,now I can use network and audio,much thanks.

How about Sapphire HD 7750 ? Does this work too ? Please reply :beachball: Thanks.

timvrakas
Good day!
By any chance, did you manged to enable sleep on this mobo before you moved to Gigabyte? It's "almost" works for me, I seeing the login screen, then it hangs up immediately :cry:

Hey. Does it work in P8H61-M LX3 Plus R2.0 ??:-o:-o:-o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back