Nvidia GeForce GT 610
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone,

I am posting this thread in order to get useful information regarding my problem and at the same time to contribute with info related to P8H61 mobo since i found that there isnt much talk on the internet for the particular motherboard.

My setup:
Asus P8H61 (Ver.4202), i5 2500k (stock), Nvidia GeForce GT610, PCI Usb hub
Motherboard settings tweak: Intel Virtualization technology - DISABLED , set AHCI mode

I made the bootable USB install of El Capitan with UniBeast as described in tonymac guide.
Had almost no problems booting an installer from usb (Had to play with -v, UseKernelCache=No along with "boot without kext and cache files" boot options).

First USB boot from HDD was tricky since I had problems with IOBluetooth Family (Transport event timeout handler) Missing bluetooth controller transport, P stepper error 18 at step 1 in context 2 on CPU 0 and Error loading kernel cache.
(Combined dart=0,-v, boot without caches and kext, added Apple IntelCpuPM Patch in clover)

After a successful boot to El Capitan, I did the post installation with Clover UEFI install, customac kext files and configured clover configurator as little as possible (set the SMBIOS, added dart=0, inject nvidia).

At the end, I tried booting without USB plugged in and ran into same problems as described above.
Hopefully, after some period of time playing with the clover options i found the magic combination from which i can successfully boot to El Capitan, but some things are strange.

How is it possible that with the same exact combination of boot args and clover settings i cant boot the OS on the first attempt and on the second attempt with the same settings as before i can? (Errors: Cant load Kernel Cache/ USB Overcurrent detected / sudden reboot while listing verbose/ stuck at the begining with "**** *******" symbols).

Why does the mobo boot option for clover has "Legacy" in its name, even though I installed Clover UEFI version?

Clover configuration that works for me (boot from hdd):

Boot: XMPDetection=Yes
Arguments: dart=0 -v
Devices: USB : Inject, Fix Ownership
Graphics: Inject Nvidia
Kernel and kext patches: Apple RTC, Asus AICpuPM
SMBIOS: Mac pro 3,1

When in bootloader hit space and then BOOT WITHOUT CACHES AND KEXT. Works (Sometimes)

EFI partition of El Capitan HDD:

EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/10.11= AtherosE220Ethernet.kext, FakeSMC.kext, RealtekRTL8111.kext

EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI= FSInject-64.efi, OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi, OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi, VBoxHfs-64.efi

EFI/CLOVER/drivers32UEFI= FSInject-32.efi, OsxFatBinaryDrv-32.efi, VBoxHfs-32.efi

(I have the same exact EFI Folder in MAC HDD/EFI-Backups/r3270/2015.../EFI.)

S/L/E folder : I didnt add and i dont have "FakeSMC.kext", "NullCPUPowerManagement.kext"

What do you think what might be the cause for such strange boot behaviour ?
Do .efi and .kext files look good in folders listed above? Have i forgotten something?

I hope i gave all information needed to get an idea of my build and installation.
I spent 2 weeks on El Capitan project, reinstalling a few times and starting from scratch, and now i want to really fix the problem without making things worse than it is now. Hope we will find solution.

Thank you in advance,

Mario,

IOBluetooth Family (Transport event timeout handler) Missing bluetooth controller transport - solved with taking the PCI USB card out.

How is it possible that with the same exact combination of boot args and clover settings i cant boot the OS on the first attempt and on the second attempt with the same settings as before i can? (Errors: Cant load Kernel Cache/ USB Overcurrent detected / sudden reboot while listing verbose/ stuck at the begining with "**** *******" symbols).

I'm not totally clear on where things stand right now.

However, I've seen variation across boots, even in cycles of 3 or 4.

I would hope the USB overcurrent went away when you removed the PCI USB card. If not, other people have seen it, you might search the forum.

I'd try replacing OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ and see if that helps at all.

If you get errors regarding the kernel cache, make sure you have SIP disabled (RtVariables in config.plist as described in this guide).

If none of that helps, please boot verbose and post a photo of the screen where it fails on the times when it fails.

Thank you for answer. I will definitely try and will come back with results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back