Contribute
Register

ASUS P7P55D-E-Pro Working El Capitan 10.11.0 Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have mine working. Installing Voodoo 2.8.8 from Multibeast 6.x but it left off the green output line in the sound config. (only had HDMI 1-4 which I can't use. I found that downloading and installing the VoodooHDA 2.8.8 standalone driver from Sourceforge.net worked. It is a self installing package.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/voodoohda/

I have mine working. Installing Voodoo 2.8.8 from Multibeast 6.x but it left off the green output line in the sound config. (only had HDMI 1-4 which I can't use. I found that downloading and installing the VoodooHDA 2.8.8 standalone driver from Sourceforge.net worked. It is a self installing package.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/voodoohda/

Thank you, ahallasjr!! Looks like that did the trick!! :thumbup: Out of curiosity, has 10.11 been running smooth for you since the install? Did you try taking it up any further than that (i.e. OS Sierra)? I gave that one a shot first but it wasn't pretty. Wouldn't boot up after install. Kept hanging on this screen, so I just backed off and went with El Capitan.

20170430_135902.jpg

Thank you, ahallasjr!! Looks like that did the trick!! :thumbup: Out of curiosity, has 10.11 been running smooth for you since the install? Did you try taking it up any further than that (i.e. OS Sierra)? I gave that one a shot first but it wasn't pretty. Wouldn't boot up after install. Kept hanging on this screen, so I just backed off and went with El Capitan.

View attachment 252264
I have not used it much yet, but I will let you know. I am going to try to get iMessage working next. I will keep you posted.

iMessage is now working thanks to the "Idiots Guide To iMessage", plus the system is very stable.

Glad to hear it. I'm stopping at El Capitan. Trying to upgrade over El Capitan to OS Sierra just wouldn't take. Too many boot loop issues, plus updating clover on its own introduced laggy video and choppy audio issues.

(.... )

- Boot up again, F8, USB, Clover, SSD! Boot into the SSD partition, continue with El Cap setup.

====> this is where i'm stucked ! Mobo P7P55D-E (not the Pro).... (step 5 in the guide).

Difference: i can see my drive, can select it to complete install, get the Apple logo then progress bar again, then pooof! Screen goes black, no signal (blinking pilot on monitor), computer stays on. Nothing more happen.

I have a nvidia GTX 650.

====> this is where i'm stucked ! Mobo P7P55D-E (not the Pro).... (step 5 in the guide).

Difference: i can see my drive, can select it to complete install, get the Apple logo then progress bar again, then pooof! Screen goes black, no signal (blinking pilot on monitor), computer stays on. Nothing more happen.

I have a nvidia GTX 650.

Just checking, you've definitely got NVIDIA Inject selected?
Boot verbose and see where it gets stuck? Might give you a clue..

Just checking, you've definitely got NVIDIA Inject selected?
Boot verbose and see where it gets stuck? Might give you a clue..
Yes, in creating the Unibeast usb. But i needed to enter the nv_disable=1 in clover options in order to reach the installer...

How do i boot verbose ?

Yes, in creating the Unibeast usb. But i needed to enter the nv_disable=1 in clover options in order to reach the installer...

How do i boot verbose ?
If you hit space at the clover screen on boot, you'll be presented with some options, key down to verbose and hit enter.
In the past I've filmed the verbose boot so that I can step through it frame by frame when it's doing things quick and then KP - force of habit now.
But if it's hanging you should be able to see what it's hanging on, and then search the forums with that line, or post it if that draws a blank.

If you hit space at the clover screen on boot, you'll be presented with some options, key down to verbose and hit enter.
In the past I've filmed the verbose boot so that I can step through it frame by frame when it's doing things quick and then KP - force of habit now.
But if it's hanging you should be able to see what it's hanging on, and then search the forums with that line, or post it if that draws a blank.
Guess i'm getting somewhere. Restarted all process. Only difference : in Clover, "if osx different than 10.10.10 : i replaced by 10.11.6.

- completed with reboot.
- arrived at desktop.
- Multibeast : here i selected inject nvidia (should ii ?)

Good news: internet and network seem ok. I can print (network printer), go on the web. Connect to server.

Issues (seem standard...):
- not able to cold boot without puting usb - there in clover, i can select to boot from the el cap ssd...
- no sound
- screen flicker at log on
- image is not full resolution (do i need nvidia drivers ? Gigabyte GeForce GTX 650 (showing 0 mb...)

Seems all for now....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back