Contribute
Register

ASUS P7P55D-E-Pro Working El Capitan 10.11.0 Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Note that I have "only" Asus P7P55D -motherboard
EDIT: My OS Is High Sierra 10.13.4 at the moment.

I do not see if this is answered yet, but for sound my notes say this:
AUDIO:
via KextBeast install following:
-VoodooHDA.kext (VT1828S-2.7.4 for my motherboard)
-AppleHDADisabler.kext (From same .zip-package)

Included this zip package.

There is also another VoodooHDA.kext I am using currently, I included it as well, do not remember where downloadded it, anyway, it is the version 2, edited to this motherboard. Seems to work also, and enables analog 5.1 sound, just like the 2.7.4

For login screen flickering and not enough resolution, you need to install and activate Nvidia driver.

If sound is crackling, or no audio at all (and no ethernet), try this (I have it set to 0x3, and that works):

1. Open /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist in Clover Configurator
  2. Navigate RT Variables > CsrActivateConfig
  3. Change CsrActiveConfig to appropriate value
    1. Disable SIP: 0x67
    2. Enable SIP: 0x00
    3. Enable SIP, but allow untrusted/unsigned kexts to run: 0x3
  4. Reboot Hackintosh to apply changes
  5. Install kexts via kextbeast (and maybe Realtek v2.2.1 for ethernet via Multibeast)
  6. Reboot
If SIP is enabled, I could not make kexts to run.

VoodooHDA-zip contains another kext-utility, did not use that, use Kextbeast!

BUT I have a question:
Did anyone get power savings to work? I can not even put my hard drive to autosleep, since it seems to crash my system. System sleep mode does not work at all, wakes up back immediatly, and autoshutdown monitors is a gray area, testing it later. It does shut them down, but unable to say yet is it crashing the system.

Attachments

• VoodooHDA-VT1828S-2.7.4.zip
    443.6 KB · Views: 148
  • 2931-seb235modv2.zip
    158.5 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Note that I have "only" Asus P7P55D -motherboard

I do not see if this is answered yet, but for sound my notes say this:
AUDIO:
via KextBeast install following:
-VoodooHDA.kext (VT1828S-2.7.4 for my motherboard)
-AppleHDADisabler.kext (From same .zip-package)

Included this zip package.

There is also another VoodooHDA.kext I am using currently, I included it as well, do not remember where downloadded it, anyway, it is the version 2, edited to this motherboard. Seems to work also, and enables analog 5.1 sound, just like the 2.7.4

For login screen flickering and not enough resolution, you need to install and activate Nvidia driver.

If sound is crackling, or no audio at all (and no ethernet), try this (I have it set to 0x3, and that works):

1. Open /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist in Clover Configurator
  2. Navigate RT Variables > CsrActivateConfig
  3. Change CsrActiveConfig to appropriate value
    1. Disable SIP: 0x67
    2. Enable SIP: 0x00
    3. Enable SIP, but allow untrusted/unsigned kexts to run: 0x3
  4. Reboot Hackintosh to apply changes
  5. Install kexts via kextbeast (and maybe Realtek v2.2.1 for ethernet via Multibeast)
  6. Reboot
If SIP is enabled, I could not make kexts to run.

VoodooHDA-zip contains another kext-utility, did not use that, use Kextbeast!

BUT I have a question:
Did anyone get power savings to work? I can not even put my hard drive to autosleep, since it seems to crash my system. System sleep mode does not work at all, wakes up back immediatly, and autoshutdown monitors is a gray area, testing it later. It does shut them down, but unable to say yet is it crashing the system.
What OS version are you running?

I’ve just got mine working in HS - I’ll do a post soon.
Hello Marked,
Do you have a guide on how to upgrade the OS X from El Capitan to High Sierra? I am upgrading my Yosemite to El Capitan today and I wanted to find out how much further I could upgrade the system. Any tips or a short guide would be greatly appreciated! I have the ASUS P7P55D-E LX mobo with sandy bridge quad core i5 chip.

It’s still a bit buggy - it works but there’s a permissions problem where I can’t write to it from another machine. I was hoping that a mojave install might sort it.

Here’s my unformatted notes from installing.

Had a PSU problem that I think caused some of the HD errors.

NOTES:
Hserve V2.1

Make unibeast drive according to the guide

Graphics enable

UnPlug all internal drives apart from OS SSD

Boot from USB (F8)

Erase SSD with Disk Utility

Install on HServeOSX

Went ok - 1 crash, rebooted, try again, fine after that.

----------------------------------------------------------------- Quick Start > Legacy Boot Mode

Drivers > Disk > Intel Generic AHCI SATA

Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.25-333-g05e0f4be.1759 Drivers > Network > Realtek > RealtekRTL8111 v2.0.0

Drivers > USB > 3rd Party USB 3.0

Bootloaders > Clover v2.4k r4173 Legacy Boot Mode Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac 14,2 Drivers > Graphics > Inject NVIDIA

----

Problems with some sata ports.

Forum searches turned up AppleAHCIPort.kext v328 recommended - downloaded from another hackintosh community and installed to L/E with KextBeast.

Still got fix shutdown problems - tried fix shutdown in clover config. No wake on lan option... not sure.

Buggy as hell. I’ve got old drives in there so ignore permissions on all of them. Still buggy. Turns out I’ve got a dying drive. Replaced that...

Replaced another...

Still buggy - can't launch some apps (sync.com)

Created a new admin user - apps run fine.

It’s still a bit buggy - it works but there’s a permissions problem where I can’t write to it from another machine. I was hoping that a mojave install might sort it.

Here’s my unformatted notes from installing.

Had a PSU problem that I think caused some of the HD errors.

NOTES:
Hserve V2.1

Make unibeast drive according to the guide

Graphics enable

UnPlug all internal drives apart from OS SSD

Boot from USB (F8)

Erase SSD with Disk Utility

Install on HServeOSX

Went ok - 1 crash, rebooted, try again, fine after that.

----------------------------------------------------------------- Quick Start > Legacy Boot Mode

Drivers > Disk > Intel Generic AHCI SATA

Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.25-333-g05e0f4be.1759 Drivers > Network > Realtek > RealtekRTL8111 v2.0.0

Drivers > USB > 3rd Party USB 3.0

Bootloaders > Clover v2.4k r4173 Legacy Boot Mode Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac 14,2 Drivers > Graphics > Inject NVIDIA

----

Problems with some sata ports.

Forum searches turned up AppleAHCIPort.kext v328 recommended - downloaded from another hackintosh community and installed to L/E with KextBeast.

Still got fix shutdown problems - tried fix shutdown in clover config. No wake on lan option... not sure.

Buggy as hell. I’ve got old drives in there so ignore permissions on all of them. Still buggy. Turns out I’ve got a dying drive. Replaced that...

Replaced another...

Still buggy - can't launch some apps (sync.com)

Created a new admin user - apps run fine.
Thanks for the reply! Maybe I will hold off on high sierra. I'm on Yosemite right now. Which version of OS X has been the most stable for you? Can I go from yosemite straight to sierra?

They’ve all been solid until HS - but I was always just updating from the El Cap install which wasn’t uni/multi beast - it was before tony had sorted out the clover stuff so I followed his earlier guide. HS I started fresh and it’s been trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back