Contribute
Register

ASUS P7P55D-E-Pro Working El Capitan 10.11.0 Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess i'm getting somewhere. Restarted all process. Only difference : in Clover, "if osx different than 10.10.10 : i replaced by 10.11.6.

- completed with reboot.
- arrived at desktop.
- Multibeast : here i selected inject nvidia (should ii ?)

Good news: internet and network seem ok. I can print (network printer), go on the web. Connect to server.

Issues (seem standard...):
- not able to cold boot without puting usb - there in clover, i can select to boot from the el cap ssd...
- no sound
- screen flicker at log on
- image is not full resolution (do i need nvidia drivers ? Gigabyte GeForce GTX 650 (showing 0 mb...)

Seems all for now....

Ah, this is an old guide. You should use multibeast. Once you get to desktop with unibeast, use multibeast.

Quick Start > Legacy Boot Mode
Drivers > Disk > Intel Generic AHCI SATA
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.21-311-g2958f55.1723 Bootloaders > Clover v2.3k r3766 Legacy Boot Mode Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac 14,2 Drivers > Graphics > Inject NVIDIA

I can't remember what I needed to do for network... sorry!

You also need to select the generic usb3 option, and you'll need to try one of the voodoo audio options I think. I use a third party audio interface so I've never bothered. But I'd get it booting by itself first, then take a clone of the drive, then try and get audio and usb3 working.

Ah, this is an old guide. You should use multibeast. Once you get to desktop with unibeast, use multibeast.

Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.21-311-g2958f55.1723 Bootloaders > Clover v2.3k r3766 Legacy Boot Mode Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac 14,2 Drivers > Graphics > Inject NVIDIA

I can't remember what I needed to do for network... sorry!

You also need to select the generic usb3 option, and you'll need to try one of the voodoo audio options I think. I use a third party audio interface so I've never bothered. But I'd get it booting by itself first, then take a clone of the drive, then try and get audio and usb3 working.
OK I've now had a look. here's my multibeast config from 10.12

MultiBeast Configuration - 2016-10-03 11:59:30
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.21-311-g2958f55.1723 Bootloaders > Clover v2.3k r3766 Legacy Boot Mode
Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac 14,2 Drivers > Graphics > Inject NVIDIA
ALSO NEED TO ADD 3rd party usb3 driver

Like I said, I dont use onboard audio as this is my studio computer, so I use a firewire Focusrite interface.

Otherwise, follow the main sierra guide from Tonymacx86

OK I've now had a look. here's my multibeast config from 10.12

MultiBeast Configuration - 2016-10-03 11:59:30
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.21-311-g2958f55.1723 Bootloaders > Clover v2.3k r3766 Legacy Boot Mode
Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac 14,2 Drivers > Graphics > Inject NVIDIA
ALSO NEED TO ADD 3rd party usb3 driver

Like I said, I dont use onboard audio as this is my studio computer, so I use a firewire Focusrite interface.

Otherwise, follow the main sierra guide from Tonymacx86

Hi marked,

Thanks a lot for this. I use this as studio as well. Will have to install the RME drivers soon (also Firewire). However, onboard audio is useful. I don't really care about iMessage... (don't really want messages pops and iPhone ringing there in middle of a session :) ...

The big question : can I just re-enter MultiBeast (now dragged to my desktop) and try out these settings - or would this add to the others and eventually have ''conflicting'' instructions to the build ? (I had entered values there - likely not all good, and likely not complete...)

USB driver : yes was a concern - as I saw that option, did not check it and I don't thing my USB 3 works...

So we ''do'' inject nvidia for ''any'' nvidia ?

For the Firewire : are you just using the onboard FW ? - I have a Siig (Texas Instrument chipset) on a PCI (or ePCI) slot in there (that was highly recommended by RME forums years ago...) - do you think I'd need to do anything to ensure it works ? (yeah I'll know soon... It did in 10.8.5..)

Thanks again !

Last edited:
Hi marked,

Thanks a lot for this. I use this as studio as well. Will have to install the RME drivers soon (also Firewire). However, onboard audio is useful. I don't really care about iMessage... (don't really want messages pops and iPhone ringing there in middle of a session :) ...

The big question : can I just re-enter MultiBeast (now dragged to my desktop) and try out these settings - or would this add to the others and eventually have ''conflicting'' instructions to the build ? (I had entered values there - likely not all good, and likely not complete...)

USB driver : yes was a concern - as I saw that option, did not check it and I don't thing my USB 3 works...

So we ''do'' inject nvidia for ''any'' nvidia ?

For the Firewire : are you just using the onboard FW ? - I have a Siig (Texas Instrument chipset) on a PCI (or ePCI) slot in there (that was highly recommended by RME forums years ago...) - do you think I'd need to do anything to ensure it works ? (yeah I'll know soon... It did in 10.8.5..)

Thanks again !
Yeah I'm using onboard FW, but I'm sure pcie will be fine.
The inject nvidia replaced the old GraphicsEnabler=YES, and I've always needed to use that with my nvidia card. I've now got 2 in there running 4 monitors, and the 2nd one was plug and play.
You might be safest wiping the drive and reinstalling. But make sure you wipe the EFI partition as well, as that's where the clover config file lives. So reformatting the whole drive is the simplest way I think.
Then just follow Tony's guide and go with the multibeast options I said.

Yeah I'm using onboard FW, but I'm sure pcie will be fine.
The inject nvidia replaced the old GraphicsEnabler=YES, and I've always needed to use that with my nvidia card. I've now got 2 in there running 4 monitors, and the 2nd one was plug and play.

Ok made the plunge... Entered the Clover Configurator and into my EFI partition, unchecked the nvidia inject and added ''1'' as suggested on the dual link. (Haven't done another MultiBeast pass yet...)

Now have 2 monitors up and running !

However, I no longer have Bluetooth (''not available'' and icon is no longer exist in System Preferences !...)

Still have USB 3 that does not seem to work (external drives not detected when plugged in).

Many thanks again !

Last edited:
Ok made the plunge... Entered the Clover Configurator and into my EFI partition, unchecked the nvidia inject and added ''1'' as suggested on the dual link. (Haven't done another MultiBeast pass yet...)

Now have 2 monitors up and running !

Only thing, wonder what the message means when you quit Clover Configurator (''The document ''config.plist'' is on a volume that does not support permanent version storage. You will not be able to access other versions of this document once you close it.'').. Hmm... Does the mean that my changes will be wiped when I reboot ? Any new problem in sight ? ...

However, I no longer have Bluetooth (''not available'' and icon is no longer exist in System Preferences !...)

Still have USB 3 that does not seem to work (external drives not detected when plugged in).

Attached : my config.plist (BEFORE the 2 changes stated above). Nothing else was changed.

Many thanks again !
Yeh, I had to save my config.plist to desktop, and then manually replace it in the EFI partition. Otherwise the changes made won't be saved, as you'll still be booting from the old version of the config file.
Bluetooth was always plug and play for me, can you see it in system preferences?
Did you use multibeast for usb3?

Yeh, I had to save my config.plist to desktop, and then manually replace it in the EFI partition. Otherwise the changes made won't be saved, as you'll still be booting from the old version of the config file.
Bluetooth was always plug and play for me, can you see it in system preferences?
Did you use multibeast for usb3?
Bluetooth was there before the last changes/reboot (i was even using an Apple keyboard on it....). The thing is that the icon is no longer in system prefs!....

I had set the "3rd party usb3" (or something alike) in Multibeast - had not tried the slots then (2 days ago). Wonder if using the Clover Configurator override anything done through Multibeast (??) even though i had not looked to set anything (yet) for usb in there...

Getting closer and closer i guess!

Every reboot is a suspenseful experience ;)...

If you're using multibeast then you shouldn't need to use clover config. Did you do a fresh install?
Are you loading your config file from EFI when you're opening clover config?
I had Bluetooth using a USB dongle, it just worked OOB, but I've not tried it in several years, I prefer the Mighty Mouse.

If you haven't already, I would wipe the hard drive (entirely repartition it to make sure you erase the EFI) and then start from scratch following Tony's guide.

As I understand it, multibeast creates a config file itself, so unless stuff isn't working and the usual jiggling kexts around isn't working, you *shouldn't* need to use clover config.

If you're using multibeast then you shouldn't need to use clover config. Did you do a fresh install?
Are you loading your config file from EFI when you're opening clover config?
I had Bluetooth using a USB dongle, it just worked OOB, but I've not tried it in several years, I prefer the Mighty Mouse.

If you haven't already, I would wipe the hard drive (entirely repartition it to make sure you erase the EFI) and then start from scratch following Tony's guide.

As I understand it, multibeast creates a config file itself, so unless stuff isn't working and the usual jiggling kexts around isn't working, you *shouldn't* need to use clover config.

Well... another reboot and Bluetooth was back ...

Only issue remaining is usb 3 - will try something tonight and if no more issues, guess I'd experiment further with that build for a while... I probably need some cleaning in the way, will see. As you know, we're in same boat - once I install everything (Pro Tools, Cubase, RME drivers, and reconnect all internal drives, one don't want to redo everything from scratch too often :) I get your point though, for the same reason...

Well... another reboot and Bluetooth was back ...

Only issue remaining is usb 3 - will try something tonight and if no more issues, guess I'd experiment further with that build for a while... I probably need some cleaning in the way, will see. As you know, we're in same boat - once I install everything (Pro Tools, Cubase, RME drivers, and reconnect all internal drives, one don't want to redo everything from scratch too often :) I get your point though, for the same reason...
Yep, I know what you mean. I keep clones of drives for that reason - i've found migration assistant very useful over the years. If I'm doing a version update (particularly the hop to clover) I'll clone my drive (to HackClone), create a clean install (mainHack), clone that (CleanClone), and then use migration assistant to copy HackClone to mainHack. That way I've got a running backup, and a clean version of the OS if there's teething problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back