Contribute
Register

ASUS P7P55D-E-Pro Working El Capitan 10.11.0 Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great to be back... I have a P7P55D-E Pro Hack that I am trying to update to El Capitan. I was running 10.6.8 up until yesterday. I used the guide that you followed. I am having problems with getting the usb and extra hds recognized. I was wondering if anybody had a similar problem? Any ideas? The system is stable but it only recognizes the booting drive and the keyboard/mouse usb. All other usbs/hds are not seen by OS however in boot menu the hds are identified.

I updated from 10.6.8 (which was running flawlessly for over 5 years). Originally tried install over SL but it wouldnt run multibeast so I did a clean install. Now multibeast is working. Legacy with Nvid inject seemed to work. Video is working.

Video- GT 9500. GeForce
HDx2 Are both Samsung and set to ACHI in bios.
Booting Drive is OCZ SSD 90gb

What bios version are you running?

Any help/ideas greatly appreciated.

Thanks
HM

FYI I am not using USB 3.0 slots on Mobo. Everything is 2.0.

In addition, I am not using the he Marvell slots for drives.

My bios is 1502 according to the system info page, I've never needed to do anything to it on this board. My USB3 and 2 worked straight out of the gate. I've got some extra usb sockets on a card which I did have my focusrite interface plugged into, but it wasn't waking up properly, so I switched to the sockets on the board.

There's a plethora of threads about getting usb working, think it might even be a sticky.

If you're not in the sata3 sockets with the other drives, I think fakeSMC has something to do with it.. Showing my lack of deep understanding for the work everyone else has put in!

Also - 90gb OCZ drive! I had one of those and it spectacularly died on me a couple of years ago, would light up but that was about it.. Just warning you!

I had to save the config.plist to desktop, then put it in the EFI folder at the root of the drive, not in the EFI partition. It seems like the EFI partition just links to the EFI folder.

I think that if you're using multibeast you shouldn't need to use clover config - my guide is from before MB8 was released.

If your computer is starting up with win7, have you got the disk order set up right in bios?

Are you seeing the clover bootloader at all? Have you got windows on the same drive or is it a separate one?
If you're seeing clover, you need to specify which is the boot partition in Default Boot Volume in clover config.

If you're not, then it's not reading the EFI properly, or it's trying to boot from the wrong drive in the bios. I think the way it deals with the EFI changed with multibeast - I've not used it since mine works fine. I'd either use the guide as I did, or follow Tony's new multibeast guide.

OK I think I see the problem. I did the same thing at first.

Load up clover configurator. Mount your EFI. Go File, Open, and then on your EFI partition there is a file called EFI. Open that, and in there is a file called config.plist. That's what you need to open.

Then you make your clover config edits, and then save it. I had to save it to desktop, and then manually replace it in the EFI folder.

The clover folder should look like mine in the attached pic.

Then as long as your drive boot order is correct in the bios, (it doesn't necessarily have to boot from disk0), you should see the clover bootloader.

Attachments

• Clover Folder.png
    Clover Folder.png
    208.2 KB · Views: 280
usb3 isnt completely working for me on this board. i can plug in usb2 devices and they work, they show up in system profiler, but usb3 thumb and hard drives arent seen at all. so my usb3 ports are working, but only as usb2. if i move the usb3 drive over to a usb2 port, it works fine and is seen, just at usb2 speed.

i havent been able to get built-in audio working either.

i used macman's jmb36x drivers to get the onboard ata and the eSata/gSata ports to work, the 6gb satas are working but i forgot what i did to get those. i dont want to use them anyway, the write performance on those with a SATAIII is actually lower than what i was getting with onboard sata II.

Sorry to dig up thread.. Did anyone get SATA 3 working in Clover, I can get this system to boot on the sata 2 ports, but CLover doesn't see my SSD on the Marvell Sata III ports. I am fairly new to clover so if anyone has a link or guide ot configure it for this board (P7P55d-E)

Hello, i´would like to know how to make my sound works on my p7p55d e pro.
i don't know what to do.
i already install the voodoo HDA ( 2.8.8 ) but when i open it shows me: No VoodooHDA Devices Detected.
Can you help me?

Just wondering if anyone figured out how to get onboard sound working for the P7P55D-E PRO? Tried all of the VoodooHDA extensions (2.8.6, 2.8.7, and 2.8.8) and none of them worked. Am I missing something? System seems to be up and running fine otherwise so far. No sound output device is the only problem. Please advise. Thanks!

Hello, i´would like to know how to make my sound works on my p7p55d e pro.
i don't know what to do.
i already install the voodoo HDA ( 2.8.8 ) but when i open it shows me: No VoodooHDA Devices Detected.
Can you help me?

Hey linojr, did you ever figure out how to get your onboard sound working? I've actually run into the same issue. Beginning to wonder if it's even possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back