i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Managed to get my Asus P7P55D-E-Pro working with El Capitan, using Unibeast 6 (Thanks Tony), which means CLOVER! I'm a complete clover noob, so this was a voyage of discovery. I used the guide of course but made notes as I went, which are below - http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-el-capitan-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html
- Download Unibeast.
- Downloaded everything in 1 go: Official Clover Package, El Capitan Post Install Tools, Clover Configurator. [Links are all in main guide]. Put them all on a spare USB stick [not the one for unibeast].
- Download El Cap from App Store.
- Wipe USB as normal and reinstall Unibeast 6 following instructions in guide, with options:
- El Capitan
- Legacy Mode
- NVIDIA Inject [equivalent of GraphicsEnabler=YES].
- Then leave it for a while to set up Unibeast stick.

- When it's ready, make sure Unibeast stick is in a USB2 socket. Reboot, hold down F8 to get to boot options, load from USB.
- Wiped system with disk utility [as advised when switching to Clover].
- Exit out of Disk Utility, install El Cap on clean new SSD.
- After install, reboot, F8 for boot options, boot from USB.
- At clover boot screen - a problem! Can't find my SSD! Open up the computer, move the SSD from a SATA3 port to a SATA2 port.
- Boot up again, F8, USB, Clover, SSD! Boot into the SSD partition, continue with El Cap setup.
- When you get to the desktop, grab Official Clover Package from USB of downloaded tools. Install Legacy mode, install customac essentials.
- Grab clover configurator from USB, open it up. Hit mount EFI Partition [had to specify which disk, I've got a windows drive in there as well. It was obvious which one as it had a folder named EFI/APPLE.]
- I made a mistake at this point, as I'm a clover noob. I didn't load the existing config.plist file. It's found in the EFI folder at the root of the SSD, go file, open, and open that one. THEN:
- SMBIOS Tab
- Magic wand
- select iMac - LGA1156
- Graphics Tab
- Tick Inject NVIDIA
- File, save. I couldn't save directly to the file, so I saved to desktop, then replaced the file in the EFI folder with the new one.

- Reboot, and success!

- The only addition I made was to go to the boot tab in clover configurator, and set the El Cap partition on my SSD as the Default Boot - means it auto boots with a 10 second countdown.

- The only problem I have, is that my Mbox 2 [which I use as my main audio interface] doesn't work on El Cap. Avid aren't likely to release drivers for it, so I'll flog it and get something else. I had a T.Bone interface from Thomann which was plug and play. I believe that there's a Voodoo Kext that I could use for built in audio, but I need XLR inputs, so I used the Mbox/Tbone.

Wow, just yesterday i bit the bullet and updated to El Capitan with same motherboard and followed the exact same steps (even downloaded the post install tools all in one go and put t on a spare usb, and also commited the mistake with the plist, lol).

Just one difference, in the SMBIOS tab I chose my computer to be a MacPro 3,1 (as I already had in Yosemite).

Only problem on my computer is sleep does not work, at least not everytime. Does sleep work on your system? Any idea of how to fix it?

My audio interface is a Scarlett 18i8 and works perfectly, so my guess is all focusrite are going to work plug and play. Hope you find an interface that works!

Thanks for the tip @sardina, I think the Scarlett stuff is all class compliant isn't it? So in theory plug and play? I was looking at one of them so it's good to know yours works!

I haven't tried sleeping the machine, but I'd imagine I have the same problem. Multibeast should be out in a few weeks so I might wait till then to tackle that problem.

Does messages work on yours with the Mac Pro definition? I went for the iMac def as at least then the socket was right, vaguely remembered reading something about that being important for messages to work.

Good guide. I've also had 100% success on my P7P55D-E-Pro and El Capitan, booting from Clover. On-board audio (VIA VT1828s) works using VoodooHDA 2.8.8 with AC3 support. I haven't tried HDMI.

It's great to have the latest & greatest running on these old BIOS-only boards!

After I edited the config.plist and restarted the desktop it booted into clover menu and at the Apple progressing bar it restarts everytime.
Does anyone know what I didn't wrong ?

usb3 isnt completely working for me on this board. i can plug in usb2 devices and they work, they show up in system profiler, but usb3 thumb and hard drives arent seen at all. so my usb3 ports are working, but only as usb2. if i move the usb3 drive over to a usb2 port, it works fine and is seen, just at usb2 speed.

i havent been able to get built-in audio working either.

i used macman's jmb36x drivers to get the onboard ata and the eSata/gSata ports to work, the 6gb satas are working but i forgot what i did to get those. i dont want to use them anyway, the write performance on those with a SATAIII is actually lower than what i was getting with onboard sata II.

Hi,

I just installed 10.11.1 with Clover on P7P55D-E Pro (1703 BIOS). I have a Samsung 850 Pro 512Gb as the boot drive, and I would really like to have it connected to the Marvell 88SE9123 SATA-III. However, I cannot make the CloverEFI see the Marvell.

When I plug the SSD into the SATA-III, CloverGUI loads directly. I've dropped to the shell. PCI scan displays the Marvell, but the 'devices' dump doesn't.

I've even tried putting the DSDT.aml (from tonymac, for 1602 BIOS) in the Clover partition, with no discernible difference.

From scratching around on Google, it seems that everyone is interested in booting off the new UEFI motherboards with Intel SATA-III. And there's nothing wrong with that. But I have a perfectly functional BIOS-only motherboard, and I'd like to be able to use it.

Does anyone know why CloverEFI doesn't 'see' the Marvell chip on the motherboard (it's not a PCIe card, it's on the motherboard)?

Does anyone know where I can find any information on how to correct this?

I don't mind modifying and rebuilding the code, if that's what needs correcting. Or if there is another way of sorting this out, I would love to find a way.

NOTE: After modifying the FakeSMC Info.plist, the Marvell is visible and works fine once the OS X boots. But I need the Marvell to be visible in the CloverEFI as well, so it can boot from the SATA-III connected SSD.

Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back