Contribute
Register

Asus P7P55D-E Pro/Nvidia GTX 460 1GB Card/I5 750 Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot thank you enough for this guide! So easy and detailed, finally have my 460 running like it should!

Gforce works, but not 100% !!!

The same issue with 460 and 430 - when you capture videos in Finalcut or Premiere CS
with firewire there is no preview, but captures.
With Ati (48xx, 58xx...) it works perfect.

Hi..Thanks...
I have an Asus P7P55D delux... Could not get it to work with iboot,
Followed your instructions and tried iboot legacy and ...SUCCESS.
Installed perfectly.Well done...

Hey guys.. Long time no see and glad to see this guide is still of help!

I just wanted to mention I have had success updating to 10.6.8.

Originally, and stupidly of me I straight up did a software update and when rebooting the system my computer stalled on the apple boot up screen.

I thought for a moment I really screwed things up. Instead what I did was burn a copy of the newest version of Iboot and Multibeast onto a cd. And I also got the 'newish' official Nvidia Mac drivers found here: http://www.nvidia.com/object/quadro-mac ... river.html.

I rebooted with Iboot disc in and had to again use the GraphicsEnabler=0 to actually get it to load into OSX. Once there I installed the Nvidia graphics update I had on the CD. I also opened up multibeast to reselect the oldest Voodoo sound driver (as mentioned in first post), as well as repair permissions.

When I rebooted again (with no iboot cd), I noticed I had no sound. So I turned computer off, unplugged power cord for several seconds, plugged it back in and turned everything back on.

Everything works great again, fully updated to 10.6.8.

Just giving a heads up!

Hi,
I'm trying to install Snow Leopard on my machine, with the following configuration:
- Asus P7P55D Pro
- i5 750
- ATI HD4850 512MB.

I wonder if the difference from the P7P55D Pro to your P7P55D-E Pro is an issue, but I'm getting the message "Mac OS X can't be installed on this system".

I'm using iBoot Legacy, because the new iBoot does not work.
Furthermore, I was trying to install SL on an external USB drive at first, when I first got that message. Thinking this to be the problem, I then booted with a 1TB SATA2 disk I have, and I got the same message. It's probably important to say that I already had succeeded in installing SL on this machine, only I was using iBoot-ATI and an IDE disk.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Where did you get iBoot Legacy??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back