ASUS ATI 6850
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
OK here is What I did
BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING MAKE A CLONE OF YOUR HARDDRIVE I cannot Stress that enough!!
I downloaded lion from the MAS (Took 5 hours :banghead: )

Opened it and installed it my boot drive (In my case Hackintosh HD but yours may be Snow Leopard Mactintosh HD or whatever you called it)

Then I rebooted as prompted

Then I booted into My SL Drive

I opened disk utility (In applications,Utilities,DiskUtility)

Then I selected My boot drive NOT THE PARTITIONED NAME OF IT it should be something like 2TB ST2000DL003 or soemthing like that

Then click on the partition tab

Your boot partition should be selected
Screen%20Shot%202011-07-23%20at%201.48.56%20PM.png

Then Click that little + button and name the partition Install or something like that.

Hit apply and let your computer sit

You may get an error saying that the Verification Failed That means that you need to boot off your SL disk and repair it.

Ok Now get xMove from here viewforum.php?f=125

then Open it and agree.

WAIT!!

You must click on Change Destination Button and then choose your installer partiotion
Screen%20Shot%202011-07-23%20at%201.53.36%20PM.png

xmove.png

Then continue with the installation.

Once it is Done restart

When you get to the Cimera Boot Screen (looks similar to below image) press any key then arrow over to your install partion.
SL+Boot.jpg

You will arrive at the Lion installer

Just Install it on your boot drive NOT YOUR INSTALL PARTITION and let it install

If you wish to do a clean install just Go to the utilities menu choose disk utility then choose erase and Make use mac osx extended jounaled and make sure the GUID table is selected Then Erase it and continue with the install

You will then boot into lion

Now I got lucky and my video drivers audio etc were all there

If you got lucky like me just open multibeast and select easybeast and System Utilities and restart.

If you did not get lucky.
Just open multibeast and select easybeast and System Utilities and any other options that you checked when you first installed SL and restart.

Enjoy our new OSX Installation! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

fazoleJH said:
Hi, I have a problem at the start. I can't install Lion because of "This disk cannot be used to start up your computer" error...
I tried instal new multi beast and chimera, but still don't work.
I tried move with partitions (apple support help), still the same.
My HDD has 2 partitions - first with SL and second with my files (can't delete because I don't have another HDD for back up it).

Do you think that can help reinstall SL or I have to format my HDD completely?

Did you Choose your boot drive?
Are you using GUID partition Table? Check this in disk utility

Screen%20Shot%202011-07-23%20at%205.31.02%20PM.png

I installed the voodoo kexts individually and erased between installs and none of them worked. I have Soundflower installed as well from a past experiment with a podcast show I doubt that has any effect on it but thought it was worth mentioning. Soundflower is the only device that shows up in my sound properties. I even tried copying my audio kext from my backup of snowleopard.

I had no problems installing lion but I cannot get it to boot correctly. I keep getting kernel panics with something about IOUSBFamily I can get it to boot into lion if i use -v -x I have tried using a DSDT and I've tried none but I still can't get it to boot right. Any help please???

wigglestheholy said:
I installed the voodoo kexts individually and erased between installs and none of them worked. I have Soundflower installed as well from a past experiment with a podcast show I doubt that has any effect on it but thought it was worth mentioning. Soundflower is the only device that shows up in my sound properties. I even tried copying my audio kext from my backup of snowleopard.
Install them with system utilites restart and try that

ollien said:
wigglestheholy said:

When I say copied over the kext from my snow leopard install I used kext helper to install it. I however did not install it then repair permissions I'm going to try that now.

Na I never use sleep enabler I don't care to have my machine go to sleep my monitors sleep that's enough for me.

wigglestheholy said:
ollien said:
wigglestheholy said:

When I say copied over the kext from my snow leopard install I used kext helper to install it. I however did not install it then repair permissions I'm going to try that now.
Do it with MultBeast and system utilites

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back