Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
[SOLVED] -- ASUS P7P55D-E Kernel Panic during pre-installation usb boot

Hello at all,
I have a BIIIG problem with the boot of first installation. The infamous Kernel Panic.

My hardware is : ASUS P5P77D-E with 1601 BIOS Version, ATI Radeon HD 3870, 500GB Hard Disk, 4GB Ram DDR3, i5 750 @ 2.67Ghz

So... I create the USB Boot Disk, an 16GB USB3.0, with UniBeast and the original setup of Yosemite downloaded from the AppStore.
Enter into BIOS and set the ACPI Mode on S3 Only, SATA Drive in AHCI mode and the Marvell Storage Controller in AHCI Mode.

Reboot and select the USB disk as startup disk, the UniBeast start and press enter. The Yosemite installation seems to boot but in 30seconds appear the Kernel Panic window.

Panic(cpu 0 caller bla bla bla) : Kernel Trap at bla bla bla type 0=divide error, registers bla bla bla
bla bla bla
bla bla
can't perform kext scan : no kext summary
BSD process name corresponding to current thread: Unknown
Boot args : kext-dev-mode=1
Bla bla bla

So i tried to boot with -v param to check the boot process, and after 1 minute when the system read the TMSafetyNet.kext, the system re-hangs in Kernel Panic. I trien to boot with other parameters GraphicsEnables, PCIRootUID, and so on but same result, system hangs in Kernel Panic.

So i tried to disable more parameters in the BIOS settings (USB3.0, CPU SpeedStep Tech, Onboard audio, Onboard LAN, ACPI 2.0 Support, etc, etc, etc) but same result, always kernel panic.

I try to remove the TMSafetyNet.kext (read on google that is for Time Machine) but same result.

At the office today i try to boot into installation (same USB pen drive, same content into it) from a Laptop, and at the first time (without use parameters on UniBeast) the installation start showing me the Welcome screen, so the USB and the content into it are OK, the UniBeast installation is correctly.

So... what is the problem ? Why with the P7P55D-E i do not boot into osx installer ?

Thank you so much
Best Regards,
Maverick

Have you tried booting with the -x flag?

cymac

I have the same motherboard as you.

Try using Clover. boot loader. I just installed that today. It boots right up and everything works automatically. I didn't have to change any settings.

I have the same motherboard as you.

Try using Clover. boot loader. I just installed that today. It boots right up and everything works automatically. I didn't have to change any settings.

Thank you so much MachAF.
Can you explain me the step by step guide for using Clover ?

Thank you very much !!

OK ! I have found some information about Clover but seems to be very difficult, because there are more settings to apply into clover installer and seems that there is a manualy copy of the Yosemite installation.

Can you explain details about clover installation? Can you write a guide about Clover with ASUS P7P55D-E motherboard?

Thank you so much
Best regars

Last edited:
ATI Radeon HD 3870?

Not sure that GPU will work. It's probably not supported.

Oh hmmmm ok for now i think to start the installation, after i think to the graphic card :D is already a relief if I can start the boot !!

Have you tried booting with the -x flag?

cymac

Yes but same result... i tried also with -x -v -f but always the same result.

[SOLVED] -- ASUS P7P55D-E Kernel Panic during pre-installation usb boot

So... finally now all work...
For the ASUS P7P55D-E is necessary install the Clover EFI Bootloader, and for the Audio (VIA Chipset) there is a VoodooHDA installer :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back