Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello.

I have been reading up on a lot of osx86 installation guides and was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction. My setup is:

Mobo: ASUS P7P55 WS
Processor: Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield 2.8GHz
Grfx Card: EVGA 012-P3-1470-AR GeForce GTX 470 (Fermi) 1280MB
Memory: 4gb DDR3

Can anyone recommend a guide to follow and what I might have to customize or put into the extras folder in iBoot to have a successful install?

Thanks a lot in advance :D

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    15.2 KB · Views: 79
agfras said:
Hello.

I have been reading up on a lot of osx86 installation guides and was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction. Some installs use retail dvd's and others look to . My setup is:

Mobo: ASUS P7P55 WS
Processor: Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield 2.8GHz
Grfx Card: EVGA 012-P3-1470-AR GeForce GTX 470 (Fermi) 1280MB
Memory: 4gb DDR3

Can anyone recommend a guide to follow and what I might have to customize or put into the extras folder in iBoot to have a successful install?

Thanks a lot in advance :D
We do not support or discuss distributions on this forum. We only support installations using a purchased retail version of Snow Leopard per http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php#f0r3.

Sorry about that. I was just inquiring about the best way to go about this. I have an official copy of Snow Leopard retail DVD. I was looking at a video tutorial from this blog for the P7P55D but when I booted into the install disk, I got an error and it said to reboot.

agfras said:
Sorry about that. I was just inquiring about the best way to go about this. I have an official copy of Snow Leopard retail DVD. I was looking at a video tutorial from this blog for the P7P55D but when I booted into the install disk, I got an error and it said to reboot.
You need to use one of the experimental iBoots for the 4xx cards.

Okay thanks. I will try that one and see what happens!

I have the same motherboard as you as well.
I used the iBoot disk (2.5.2)
I also used the Lifehacker guide for the BIOS which seems fine.
As the disk that is fine as well being a retail disk.
I got the same error as yourself. What I did was use the -x (safe mode) on iBoot disk selection screen.
I managed to install it but I had to continue to run off safe mode.
It did go tits up in the end but I did manage to format the disk into a file system and install it. I think I went wrong installing the updates and the extra kexts.
Over all I think it could be conflicting with the USB 3 ports on my mother-board and card reader as well. I am also using a Samsung Blueray drive as well which I can not change! They are my guess.
Any one have a idea? :think:
Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back