Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, everybody.I'm new in the board, but i have been reading a lot the last couple of weeks and i think i got most of my system stable and running very good.

this is my system:
Intel i7-860 (3.15Ghz)
4Gb 1500Mhz (1600 under-clocked)
Asus p7p55-m
Nvidia 9600GSO 1GB (Recognized as 512MB)
WD 160GB SATA HDD
LG SATA Burner.

I dont remember every single step i took , but ill try to list the most important ones :

>>Followed Tonymac's excellent guide http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/iboot-multibeast-install-mac-os-x-on.html, i used iboot supported .

(I first installed multibeast without UserDSDT, i used a DSDT later and used Multibeast to change it.

>>This is what i have on my Extra folder as of now:
Com.apple.boot.plist
DSDT.aml
Extensions
|.........>fakesmc.kext
........>IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext
pfix
smbios.plist

/System/Library/Extensions
|...........>VodooHDA.kext (2.61)
Realtekr1000sl.kext

>>DSDT.aml<<
Here's where it gets tricky. I found only one edited DSDT.aml for my board p7p55-m in this forums. I downloaded it but when i tried to compile it, it would give me a lot of errors, so i decided NOT to use it. After a couple of days of reading and thinking i realized i could use a similar motherboard that was listed on the dsdt database and modify it accordingly. so...

Downloaded P7P55D DSDT.aml from the database.
Downloaded TonyMac's p55's DSDT Fixes .dsl here http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2009/12/advanced-dsdt-fixes-enable-sleep-on-p55.html.
Used DSDTSE to copy/paste and manually modify my DSDT and after i was done everything compiled with 0 errors.

>>>>Thanks to TonyMac for this list of fixes<<<<<<<

00 - Add DTGP __ done
01 - Fix CMOS reset __ done
02 - Edit USB UHCI/EHCI - Part 1 __ done*very diff. on my DSDT, changed accordingly
03 - Edit USB UHCI/EHCI - Part 2 __ done
04 - Edit IDE (SATA) __ DIDNT, used IOAHCIBLOCK...kext instead
05 - Edit PIC, TMR and HPET __ done
06 - Add SBUS __ done
07 - Enable HDEF Audio - ALC 888b __ n/a
07 - Enable HDEF Audio - ALC 888 __ n/a
07 - Enable HDEF Audio - ALC 889a __ n/a
07 - Enable HDEF Audio - ALC 889 __ n/a
08 - DSDT Graphics - nVidia __ TRIED, didn't work :( back to graphicsenabler
09 - Core i5 SpeedStep Information __ n/a
09 - Core i7 SpeedStep Information __ NOT, not advised while over-clocking

I couldn't use the Nvidia card DSDT injection , it would boot but with no QE/CI and it would recognize only 32MB :crazy: . I probably did something wrong tho.

I crossed my fingers, rebooted and... BAM! it had worked!...
Sleep works perfect , graphics are working great, QE/CI is working... sound has its problems also (doesnt recognize all channels)but using rear speakers and front with no problems.

My drives are recognized as internal now, just choose IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext in Multibeast.

NOT WORKING RIGHT:

It recognizes usb drives but cant connect my BB9700 to BBM Software , doesnt find it :( meaning=cant tether yet.

If anybody has an idea how to make it even better, let me know.

Grats dude, I've started looking at DSDT editing now in order to possibly give some DSDT support here for ASUS P55 boards. It's alot of info to swallow. Just gotta start learning what the different variables mean in the DSDT extract to know what to look for and edit.

Maybe we can start an ASUS P55 DSDT support group or something since BIOS versions are still being released and updated by ASUS? :idea:

Guys, over the past few weeks I've been working on a P7P55D EVO and am just about to start on a P6T7 WS Super Computer.

I took a look at the whole DSDT thing a couple of weeks back and although I've never shunned away from stuff like this, you can't deny that it's really quite daunting.

Either way, I would be happy to get involved with an Asus P55 DSDT group. I'm just waiting for a couple of big coolers to arrive from Germany and I'm going to back on the case. I will be transplanting my P7P55D EVO into another case and will take this opportunity to give the DSDT thing another go.

PEACE

PS: I know the P6T7 WS has a X58 chipset but I have a couple of the P7P55 boards. I think thy rock. I'm writing this from my latest Hackintosh which isn't running a DSDT but is incredibly stable.

Definitely! count me in. DSDT editing is not difficult, but understanding why to do things and where to edit.. that's the holy grail.
The main thing is PREPARE for your DSDT NOT to work, learn how to use "user mode" from chameleon boot-loader (type " - s" at boot ), this way you don't get demotivated or frustrated when your edits end up in a KP.

Ill keep updating this post if i find out any other tricks to make my system as "Vanilla" as possible.

Could you please post/upload your DSDT to the database (and include what bios version you have). It would be a HUGE help for the community. As well, I was thinking of the P7P55-M for my friend who is looking to upgrade from his (my old) G4 DA Tower 2.0GHz PPC beast. Right now it's in clearance at my local Computer store for $70 CND ($69 US) and it's looking like a good bet.

My Geekbench 64 score is 11261
My Cinebench 11.5 cpu score is 5.18

Hi,
I also have Asus p7p55-m, Intel Core i7 870, Ati 5750.
I install mac with Iboot legacy, but can't make it to boot without cd.
I tryed multibeast with dsdt and easyboot, but no luck.

how did you make it to boot?

Thanks

Hello everyone
On the Internet, I did not find anything on the asus p7p55-m board, the one that I post my configuration
Mac Pro 4.1=>
ASUS P7P55M
Intel Xeon X3470
ASUS Radeon HD 7770
8gb of ram (1800mhz)
bios setup overclock D.O.C.P
installed kexts:
AtherosWiFiInjector.kext
CPUFriend.kext
Lilu.kext
SMCProcessor.kext
SMCSuperIO.kext