Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have been trying to install snow leopart on my pc :

ASUS P7H55-M Pro
Nvidea gtx 460
I3-550 (sandy bridge)

After installing snow leopard the system restarted and works.
i installed multiebeast using the DSDT for the site after that i installed updatehelper. When done i restarted the system only to see the apple logo and nothing happening so i tryed PCIRootUID=1 , PCIRootUID=1 -x, GraphicsEnabler=No boot flag. but nothing works.

What am i doing wrong?

I have been trying to install snow leopart on my pc :

ASUS P7H55-M Pro
Nvidea gtx 460
I3-550 (sandy bridge)

After installing snow leopard the system restarted and works.
i installed multiebeast using the DSDT for the site after that i installed updatehelper. When done i restarted the system only to see the apple logo and nothing happening so i tryed PCIRootUID=1 , PCIRootUID=1 -x, GraphicsEnabler=No boot flag. but nothing works.

What am i doing wrong?

nevermind002

After you initially installed Snow Leopard - you restarted and it was working - what version of OSX were you on at this point.

You did use the DSDT before you ran MultiBeast, and it would reboot - yes ( If OSX installed was 10.6.3 ) then the system would reboot after you ran Multibeast and be on OSX 10.6.3.

The most overlooked item in Multibeast is that you always need to run the System Utilities as a separate process after selecting items in MultiBeast. SO you actually could run MultiBeast more than once before you reboot.

One needs to do these steps in a sequence to make sure things are working, then advance to the next level.
Is what I am saying.

At this point did you then install the Combo Update (which one) !

Also I don't think w your hardware that you need to use the updatehelper program.

You may what to do the Updates in small steps. Meaning if you install OSX SL 10.6.3 - you first update would be to Combo Update 10.6.6 then run MultiBeast and System Utilities to validate the reboot and proceed to the next level.

Sounds like a video game - you have to slay the 'Big Boss" to advance!

Also when you Boot up w Iboot you enter startup switches - which I am sure your using.

THe one item that you need to know and do is to use the "-f" switch when your rebooting after a Combo Update file has been installed - this clears the old Cache files and makes OSX build new ones using the newer kexts that were installed w the Combo Update. Otherwise it will load old files w new files and you get a "PANIC" .

I would also suggest that you use a 2nd partition in you hard drive to backup the installed OS on to - a program like Carbon Copy Clone or Super Duper. We have several articles in the site for both programs and what it does. They are free to try ...

You also may want to read this link and follow his ideas about and updating OSX.
http://computersoftwareisyourfriend.blogspot.com/2011/10/updating-your-hackintosh-to-1068.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back