Intel i5-4690
Graphics
GTX 660
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Asus + Mountain Lion = Can't wake from sleep

Ok, I think I have everything working except for wake from sleep (which works on my SL install). I can put the computer to sleep, but when I bring it up from sleep using mouse, keyboard or power button, the following happens:

1. Case/CPU fans spin up.
  2. Video card fans spin up.
  3. Hard drive comes up (I have a loud velociraptor)
  4. No video on either of dual monitors
  5. Computer just sits there, no reboot

I also have VNC/screen share setup and I tested it works before sleep. After wake, I cannot VNC in, so it is not just video that's not workin.

Here are the things I've attempted (not together, I would undo one attempt before trying the next):

I saw improvement with the CMOS Patch manually (I used to get the CMOS resets before doing this patch).

I have what seems to be a proper working DSDT.aml that I patched using a DSDT Editor and a patch for my motherboard at olarila.com. I'm also using an SSDT.aml installed by MutliBeast.

I have a very minimal kext list, trying to keep it as vanilla as possible. I had to modify IONetworkingFamily.kext to make my onboard NIC's work. I installed a patched version of 10.6's AppleHDA.kext to get my sound working.

I have the following in my E/E:
AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext
FakeSMC.kext
(I had the rolled back v1.3.5 AppleACPIPlatform.kext to cut back on the boot delay, but I don't see the boot delay without it, so I removed it and reinstalled the original 1.6 kext in S/L/E)
my org.chameleon.Boot.plist:

<key>Default Partition</key>
<string>hd(0,2)</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>y</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1200x32</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0 -v arch=x86_64</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>RestartFix</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>

smbios.plist has imac 12,2 set at the moment, but I've tried macpro 3,1 & 4,1.

I have a clean boot, I can't see anything wrong with it. Again, when I wake, I don't see kernel panics. Just this hang...

Any help would be much appreciated =)

Please let me know if there is anymore info I can provide.

No one has any suggestions or did I say/do something wrong in my post and so no one wants to reply? =p

I have basically the same setup as you but I'm using ATI 5850 instead of your GTX. I have no problems with sleep or waking from sleep using just MultiBeast and the kext package found here:

http://trick77.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/ASUS-P6T-kexts.zip (attached here for your ease of use).

I'm having nothing but problems with my NIC though. If the above helps you with your sleep/wake problems I'd appreciate your help with my NIC. I'm a MAC/Hackintosh rookie and only been at this for a few weeks.

Attachments

• ASUS-P6T-kexts.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 233
Try to use this DSDT that I have attached and use Macpro4.1 or Macpro5.1 identifier.

Have you tried Hnak's AppleIntelE1000e Ethernet kext from Multibeast 4.6.1 ?

Attachments

• DSDT.zip
    17 KB · Views: 202
Just an FYI, that DSDT completely hosed my system. 3hr later I'm still trying to recover.

You can always use the USB Installation Stick made by Unibeast to boot your pc and go to the installation screen, from there just use terminal to delete that DSDT and put back your original DSDT.

First time posting, not sure if doing it right.

Anyway, I have the same problem, it is not as much of an issue for me. I have virtually the same setup as you, just wondering how you got video working on your gtx 260. I can boot into the OS fine, the only problem i have is when I play videos or games it is extremely glitchy (incredibly low framerate).

Thanks mate

My GTX260 just works fine and I don't have any frame rates problem with it. I also install the latest nvidia CUDA drivers ( http://www.nvidia.com/object/mac-driver-archive.html ) and here is my org.chameleon.Boot.plist

Code:
        <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GenerateCStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GeneratePStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>2</string>
	<key>USBBusFix</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>UseKernelCache</key>
	<string>Yes</string>

dyezak:

Here's what I did for my NIC. I used an old method used in 10.5 and it worked great for me. I got it from this thread:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=144639&hl=&fromsearch=1

Basically, you use a stock IONetworkFamily.kext in S/L/E and do the following:

sudo nano /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleYukon2.kext/Contents/Info.plist

find and change <key>Yukon-88E8053</key> to <key>Yukon-88E8056</key> (change 53 to 56)
find and change <string>0x436211AB</string> to <string>0x436411AB</string></key> (change 62 to 64)
find and change <string>Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8053 Singleport Copper SA</string> to <string>Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8056 Singleport Copper SA</string> (change 53 to 56)

Press Ctrl+O (that's the letter "o") and [ENTER] to save the file, then press Ctrl+X to close nano.

I would use a kext utility/wizard to rebuild your caches after then restart.

Also, when trying out a new DSDT.aml, always have a backup DSDT_bk.aml or something that you can tell your bootloader to load.

Just like you use -f or -x, you can always specify DSDT=/Extra/DSDT_bk.aml

Then you can delete the bad one and recover your back up (rename it back to DSDT.aml).

Good luck =)

gameace99, tot31:

I haven't had ANY issues with video. I just had to use GraphicsEnabler=yes when installing. I have it on now in my org.chameleoun.Boot.plist. But my wake issue might just be a video issue.

I'll try installing the drivers from nvidia. Thanks

Also, I haven't been able to get UseKernelCache working, I can't remember what issue I had with it. I did come across a tip that you need all your kexts in S/L/E to have kernel cache working, can someone confirm this?

I'll try all these tips tonight and get back to you guys.

Appreciate all the help & good to see other ASUS P6T MB users on this forum =) =p.

gameace99, tot31:

I haven't had ANY issues with video. I just had to use GraphicsEnabler=yes when installing. I have it on now in my org.chameleoun.Boot.plist. But my wake issue might just be a video issue.

I'll try installing the drivers from nvidia. Thanks

Also, I haven't been able to get UseKernelCache working, I can't remember what issue I had with it. I did come across a tip that you need all your kexts in S/L/E to have kernel cache working, can someone confirm this?

I'll try all these tips tonight and get back to you guys.

Appreciate all the help & good to see other ASUS P6T MB users on this forum =) =p.

Yes you need to put all your kexts into /S/L/E folder in order to use kernel cache. I have not encounter any sleep/wake issues with my GTX260.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back