GeForce 9500GT
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi

Here is my quick guide to install Mountain Lion 10.8 on Asus P6T Deluxe V2.

My specs:
- Asus P6T Deluxe V2
- Intel Core i7
- GeForce 9500GT
- 1TB HDD
- 8 GB RAM

Steps:
- Downloaded Mountain Lion 10.8 from the App Store
- Follow the UniBeast guide to prepare your USB Install drive
- Add MultiBeast 4.6.1, KextBeast and VoodooHDA 2.7.4 to the USB drive
- Plug your USB into your PC
- Enter the BIOS by hitting DEL, change the SATA mode to AHCI and select the USB drive as first HD
- At Chimera boot screen type PCIRootUID=0
- Install OS X
- Boot into your newly installed OS X
- Open a terminal and enter: sudo nano /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleYukon2.kext/Contents/Info.plist
- Find Yukon-88E8053 and make it Yukon-88E8056
- Find 0x436211ab and make it 0x436411ab
- Launch MultiBeast 4.6.1 and choose UserDSDT Install
- Copy VoodooHDA 2.7.4 kexts to desktop and launch KextBeast
- Reboot, enter the BIOS and select the HDD as first HD
- At Chimera boot screen choose UseKernelCache=No (Only first time)
- Your system is up and running

Just wanted to say thanks. I was having a tough time getting the onboard ethernet working.

got a question

how did you get the sound working I follow your instructions "
VoodooHDA 2.7.4 kexts to desktop and launch KextBeast"
and did not work.
any suggestions?

My specs:
Asus p6t deluxe v2
Intel Core i7 2.4ghz
6 GB ram
Geforce 9600GT

I didn't have to do anything except installing VoodooHDA 2.7.4. But, I have a problem with long bootup time, it stays on Apple logo for a minute doing nothing, and then loads the OS as it should. Tried some kext replacing and other stuff found on the forums, but nothing works for me.

Asus P6T Deluxe V2
Intel i7 930
12GB RAM
nVidia 260GTX

P6T Deluxe V2 Core i7
Installed as MacPro5,1
Nothing in /Extra/Extensions

I got Mountain Lion installed using Unibeast 4.6.1 and Fabio DSDT, everything works super fast, no boot delay, except Networking.
All Marvell Yukon kexts I installed and every IONetworkingFamily updates I tried are all generating KP or boot hangs.
Any idea what to try ? I'm getting desperate on this...

try blaw's tweaks. it works great for me.
I have a question about agpm.kext. My Gtx 460 handle smoothly everything. however waking pc from sleep, it seems that the card can't be set in idle mode (as I suppose from the 10 degrees hotter than before pc's got into sleep). Any suggestions about editing the kext? Thanks much in advance

Can you please send me or link me the DSDT.aml you used from Fabio? I'm searching it butball links are dead. Thanks

Hi,

Sorry to jump in after a long time but I have the same Asus/i7 spec (eccept I have an Asus vg card) and wondered if I had a go of making a dual boot with 2 separate HDs would this be a straightforward process.

I have a full (just bought it) Snow Leopard 10.6.3 and from what I have read most of the problems come from upgrading to Mountain Lion.
I am new to macs, but have no problems build systems from scratch.

thanks a lot :)
just installed 10.8

i have P6T Deluxe V2, but need selection that Multibeast for installation. The VGA is GTX460 SE, have a other kext?? or use the original ? and the last question is the time to boot is slow, not reading the hard disk, apple screen is booting....after the 30 sec, start to the read disk and boot, any solution???

Thanks!!!!!!!

my english is not very good, sry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back