Contribute
Register

Asus P6T Deluxe V2 Mojave (10.14) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello , i have an motherboard asus P6tSe /xeon w3690 processor / 12 GB ram / gtx 760 . I running very very well on Mojave 10.14.4 but I cannot update to 10.15 Catalina . My ssd is APFS , gatekeeper and Sip are disable. When the update starts , the computer restart after 19min to finish . Is is possible to sharing me an efi folder with a similar configuration ? Ty ( sorry for my bad English / I am French )

Hello , i have an motherboard asus P6tSe /xeon w3690 processor / 12 GB ram / gtx 760 . I running very very well on Mojave 10.14.4 but I cannot update to 10.15 Catalina . My ssd is APFS , gatekeeper and Sip are disable. When the update starts , the computer restart after 19min to finish . Is is possible to sharing me an efi folder with a similar configuration ? Ty ( sorry for my bad English / I am French )

I recently got Catalina working on the P6T Deluxe V2. My main problem was constant resetting during the install. I eventually figured out by reading the install logs off the EFI drive that the reset was intentional and part of the installation process. I kept rebooting into the the same install drive and the install would start over again. I figured out that after the reboot during install, I had to then select the "Preboot" drive on the next install so installation would finish. See if this works for you.

I recently got Catalina working on the P6T Deluxe V2. My main problem was constant resetting during the install. I eventually figured out by reading the install logs off the EFI drive that the reset was intentional and part of the installation process. I kept rebooting into the the same install drive and the install would start over again. I figured out that after the reboot during install, I had to then select the "Preboot" drive on the next install so installation would finish. See if this works for you.
You got Ethernet working ?

You got Ethernet working ?

Yes. The process was no different from Mojave for ethernet. You must copy AppleYukon2.kext from Mojave and modify it as shown in the OP since it doesn't exist in Catalina.

And USB 3.0 ? xD everything I found on google doesn't help .. xd

I can't believe it.. so it wasn't due to Nvidia card.. or at least only.. I actually started trying different drives at first restart but I'm not sure .. I've got myself an rx-580 now, which is natively supported, I just a swapped it and High-Sierra didn't complain at all, so I'll give Catalina a new try. Thanks for the "Preboot" hint.

No luck, I Only have a "Boot FileVault Prebooter from Preboot" disk option and it's High Sierra.
I'm trying to keep both and the procedure I tried so far is:
1. In Disk Utility chosen HSSystemSSD, partition, add volume.
2. Restarted the system from USB (F8 + select USB) didn't start the Installer.
3. Restarted the system normally (EFI partition) and loaded Clover was the USB version 5102 (system is 4769). first anomaly.
4. available disk to select was only USB Catalina installer.
5. ConfiguredClover options as Args: cpus=1 dart=0, SMBios MacPro6,1 on both parameters, Graphics Inject ATI + Deinit , ( dough my system config.plist are in place but card was recognised as rx-480..changed em anyways.)
6. Started the installer (started fine)
7. Installed Catalina on new volume.
8. At restart removed USB installer as it was still showing only 1 disk as as at step #4.
9. Available disks are the usual plus "Boot macOSInstall from catalina"(new volume's name) but no new "Boot FileVault Prebooter from Preboot" so I chosen "Boot macOSInstall from catalina".
10. During booting, progress bar kept progressing until screen wasn't showing anything anymore (second anomaly ) but it was eventually installing it as after a 10 minutes the system restarted.
11. At Clover screen still no new "Boot FileVault Prebooter from Preboot" disk, but"Boot macOSInstall from catalina" changed into"Boot macOSInstall from catalina-Data". ( this is where I got stuck as every body before "select the Preboot" drive suggestion.) and now I thought that the new "Boot FileVault Prebooter from Preboot" would be there.

Well it's not. So I'm still stuck at the same point even with the new rx-580 card.

It could be due to dual System and I still haven't tried to fresh install just Catalina, or to update High-Sierra to Catalina directly as I need both, but I made a back-up and I'll give it a try.
Any suggestions to keep both? maybe install Catalina on a separate drive instead that on a new volume on the same drive?

Sorry really noob question... I am trying to test this with my old pc running w10 and I have also 2nd HDD with one partition where I am planning to test MacOs. However I am able to start installation screen but it only sees my usb stick and I am not able to choose correct hdd & partition like when I am testing Linux distro.... What I am doing wrong? Sorry... 1st time ever...

edit: noooob... checked that...

edit2: after installation starts I am stucked about 15 min...

Last edited:
Yes. The process was no different from Mojave for ethernet. You must copy AppleYukon2.kext from Mojave and modify it as shown in the OP since it doesn't exist in Catalina.

Hi, im new in this forum, im currently installing mac os x catalina on my Asus P6T Deluxe V1 / Intel Core i7 920 / EVGA GTX 460 se, could you help me uploading the AppleYukon2 kext file so i can get the ethernet working? Also if you could tell me where can i get the nvidia drivers for the GTX 460? Thank you very much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back