Motherboard
Asus P6T Deluxe V2
CPU
I7-920
Graphics
RX 570
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I thought this guide might prove useful if there are any other Asus P6T Deluxe V2 users out there. This is an update of my previous El Capitan guide. This guide assumes you are using a Radeon graphics card due to the issues with Nvidia no longer releasing web drivers for MacOS.

Creating UniBeast install drive:
  1. Follow the usual steps from the Installation Guide to get started.
  2. Choose "Legacy Boot"
  3. Create the drive.
  4. Download and copy kexts to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other on the USB drive:
    Lilu.kext
    USBInjectAll.kext
    WhateverGreen.kext
To Install:
  1. Plug the UniBeast USB drive into your PC
  2. If using motherboard SATA RAID, enter the BIOS by hitting DEL, change the SATA mode to AHCI
  3. At the bios post, keep pressing F8 to bring up the boot selector and select the USB drive
  4. At Clover screen, select Options:
    Boot flags: dart=0 cpus=1 -v

SMBIOS:
    Product Name: MacPro6,1
    Board Version: MacPro6,1

Graphics:
    Inject ATI: Enable
    Deinit: Enable

5. Go back to main Clover screen
  6. Select the installer drive and boot
  7. If you get "Waiting for root device" and an crossed out symbol with garbled text, keep trying different USB ports including ports in hubs. Also try to hard power off the PC using the power supply switch, wait 5+ seconds, and turn it back on, and boot again. (If you have to reboot, you must enter all the Clover settings again.). If all else fails, try Safe Mode as well.
  8. If using a Radeon and the screen goes black, make sure to use a Display Port cable. Some cards have trouble with other video interface types. If one port doesn't work, try another.
  9. Set up drives and begin installing MacOS. Installer will reboot. If it crashes or reboots too early, hard power off and on and try again.
  10. Leave thumb drive in on reboot because HD has no boot loader yet
  11. At the bios post, keep pressing F8 to bring up the boot selector and select the USB drive
  12. From Clover, enter all the same settings as above.
  13. Select the installer on the HD drive and boot it (not the Preboot drive).
  14. If it reboots again, just repeat the above steps. (Hard power off and on again if necessary.)
  15. It may take hours to install and be stuck on 16 minutes remaining. Eventually it will finish.
  16. It may report an error and show a log at the end. Ignore this.
  17. If it crashes and reboots, just repeat it again.
  18. Once it's installed, enter the following settings in Clover:
    SMBIOS:
    Product Name: MacPro6,1
    Board Version: MacPro6,1
  19. Boot from the HD.
  20. During the setup step, skip networking/internet as it won't work. Say this computer is not connected to internet. If you don't, it will crash.
  21. Open a terminal and enter:
    sudo nano /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleYukon2.kext/Contents/Info.plist
  22. Find Yukon-88E8053 and make it Yukon-88E8056
  23. Find 0x436211ab and make it 0x436411ab
  24. Clear the kext cache - see below.
  25. Run MultiBeast
  26. Select Easy Install -> "Legacy Boot"
  27. Select Drivers -> USB -> "USBInjectAll"
  28. Select Customize -> Mac Pro -> "MacPro5,1"
  29. Copy Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext to /System/Library/Extensions
  30. Clear the kext cache again - see below. (may not be necessary)
  31. You may remove the thumb drive
  32. If Clover doesn't boot from the HD, hard power off, insert the USB stick again, and boot with the usual arguments.
  33. Install Multibeast again.
  34. Install Clover Configurator and update to the latest version of Clover.
  35. Remove thumb drive and reboot.
Motherboard RAID:
  1. edit /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAHCIPort.kext/Contents/Info.plist:
  2. Under GenericAHCI, Change:
    <string>0x01060100&amp;0xffffff00</string>
    to
    <string>0x01060100&amp;0xffffff00 0x01040000&amp;0xffff0000</string>
  3. Clear kext cache (see below)
  4. Reboot
  5. Press Del on the bios screen and change SATA mode back to RAID.
Clearing Kext Cache:
  1. Open Terminal
  2. Type the following commands:
    sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions
    sudo chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions
    sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
    sudo kextcache -u /Volumes/THENAMEOFYOUROSXVOLUME
Notes:
  • If using Raid mode, when installing a new OS patch, you must swtich back to AHCI mode in the bios, then redo all the kext steps above.
  • If using Raid mode, when installing a new OS major update, you must switch back to AHCI mode in the bios or the installer will crash on boot.
  • Many crashes and hangs on boot can be fixed by hard powering off the computer for 5+ seconds (switch on power supply) and trying again.
Not Working:
The front USB ports are not currently working.

@Augie im I have a p6t too dual booting window 10 and trying to boot 10.14.6 I have a rx580 display port i7 965 16gb of ram and dual ssd and an nvme for fun! Trying to get it running but I get every time but if I move that ssd over to my ud3r with rx590 it boot or if I move my main rigs ssd to the p6t it will boot am I clicking to many Kext in multibeast?

@Augie im I have a p6t too dual booting window 10 and trying to boot 10.14.6 I have a rx580 display port i7 965 16gb of ram and dual ssd and an nvme for fun! Trying to get it running but I get every time but if I move that ssd over to my ud3r with rx590 it boot or if I move my main rigs ssd to the p6t it will boot am I clicking to many Kext in multibeast?

I don't have any advice for you to get your SSD working. This isn't a P6T support thread. It's a guide based on the information I've discovered trying to get my P6T booting.

@Augie have you managed to install Catalina yet? I skipped Mojave for the nVidia drivers.. but now I'm having a nightmare Installing Catalina..and I have to install it ..
In my tries things have gone like this:
I Have a two partitions SSD with 1st partition High-Sierra , 2nd partition for Catalina
1. Start the installation from USB on Catalina drive ( tried both clover k2.4 legacy, and k2.5 EFI )
2. Reboot from USB and chose install from Catalina drive -> 12 minutes remaining progress bar OK
3. Reboot from USB and chose install from Catalina drive -> 11 minutes remaining progress bar..it goes to 0 OK
4- Reboot from USB and chose install from Catalina-Data drive -> 12 minutes remaining progress bar STUCK

I repeated step 4 many times but never gets to boot into system..

Same happen if I use a patcher tool and make the installer with that..I just gave it a shot..but nothing..

What I tried:
boot flags : nv_disable=1, -disablefxfirmaware, -no_compac_check, slide=0 ( not sure I have to write the with or without comma in between)
kext : fakeSMC, Lilu, WhateverGreen, NullCPUPowerManagement in EFI partitions of the USB installer in both other and 10.15 folders ( haven't found L/E, where do I find it?? I already show hidden file and folders..)

Any other thing you see to try?? Can the GTX card being the cause of this??

@Augie have you managed to install Catalina yet? I skipped Mojave for the nVidia drivers.. but now I'm having a nightmare Installing Catalina..and I have to install it ..
In my tries things have gone like this:
I Have a two partitions SSD with 1st partition High-Sierra , 2nd partition for Catalina
1. Start the installation from USB on Catalina drive ( tried both clover k2.4 legacy, and k2.5 EFI )
2. Reboot from USB and chose install from Catalina drive -> 12 minutes remaining progress bar OK
3. Reboot from USB and chose install from Catalina drive -> 11 minutes remaining progress bar..it goes to 0 OK
4- Reboot from USB and chose install from Catalina-Data drive -> 12 minutes remaining progress bar STUCK

I repeated step 4 many times but never gets to boot into system..

Same happen if I use a patcher tool and make the installer with that..I just gave it a shot..but nothing..

What I tried:
boot flags : nv_disable=1, -disablefxfirmaware, -no_compac_check, slide=0 ( not sure I have to write the with or without comma in between)
kext : fakeSMC, Lilu, WhateverGreen, NullCPUPowerManagement in EFI partitions of the USB installer in both other and 10.15 folders ( haven't found L/E, where do I find it?? I already show hidden file and folders..)

Any other thing you see to try?? Can the GTX card being the cause of this??

No, I haven't tried Catalina. It always takes me days to weeks to get one of these updates working, so I avoid it as long as I can. If I ever bit the bullet and succeed, I will re-post this thread for Catalina.

I had incredible problems getting Mojave installed with an Nvidia Geforce 460 installed that I've been using for Hackintosh builds since 10.8 or something. After many, many, many attempts, I ended up getting it booting somehow (can't remember what I did. Probably involved adding kexts). But even after it booted, it was so incredibly slow, it was unusable. We're talking 2 fps at best. That's why I was forced to get an AMD, which was not anywhere near easy to get running either.

No, I haven't tried Catalina. It always takes me days to weeks to get one of these updates working, so I avoid it as long as I can. If I ever bit the bullet and succeed, I will re-post this thread for Catalina.

I had incredible problems getting Mojave installed with an Nvidia Geforce 460 installed that I've been using for Hackintosh builds since 10.8 or something. After many, many, many attempts, I ended up getting it booting somehow (can't remember what I did. Probably involved adding kexts). But even after it booted, it was so incredibly slow, it was unusable. We're talking 2 fps at best. That's why I was forced to get an AMD, which was not anywhere near easy to get running either.
I'm in the middle of a great problem..
I need to use Catalina to install Xcode 11 to releasing iOS 13 apps.. and as I'm just about to start the beta testing I need to upgrade support.. currently only on High Sierra I can support up to iOS 11.4.. which I think is the 6% of the iPhones at the moment.. so I have to..
I'm looking at eBay for some gtx780 that should be supported natively in Catalina but I haven't been able to install it yet..
I'll try to install Mojave and upgrade are many reported success upgrading from Mojave..
I'll keep you posted.
Cheers

I'm in the middle of a great problem..
I need to use Catalina to install Xcode 11 to releasing iOS 13 apps.. and as I'm just about to start the beta testing I need to upgrade support.. currently only on High Sierra I can support up to iOS 11.4.. which I think is the 6% of the iPhones at the moment.. so I have to..
I'm looking at eBay for some gtx780 that should be supported natively in Catalina but I haven't been able to install it yet..
I'll try to install Mojave and upgrade are many reported success upgrading from Mojave..
I'll keep you posted.
Cheers

Same problem here and always why I'm forced to update the system eventually. Xcode. I hate it. Even worse though. iOS 13 won't run on my development iPad, so not only do I have to update, but I have to buy new hardware.

Same problem here and always why I'm forced to update the system eventually. Xcode. I hate it. Even worse though. iOS 13 won't run on my development iPad, so not only do I have to update, but I have to buy new hardware.
Absolutely in the same situation.. I have to upgrade a lot of stuff.. but I'll do second hand .. no way I'll shad that money for Apple stuff..

Absolutely in the same situation.. I have to upgrade a lot of stuff.. but I'll do second hand .. no way I'll shad that money for Apple stuff..

Lol! You and I think exactly alike. :mrgreen:

Lol! You and I think exactly alike. :mrgreen:
Indeed !!
How long have you been an iOS developer for ? I started like two years ago from scratch, with the goal of creating the MVP for the startup I thought creating. Didn't have any Apple device. Last year my flatmate dropped her iPhone6 and shuttered the display, she went buy an iPhoneX and gave her broken 6.. I changed the display and here it it my first iPhone..
A friend of mine borrowed his iPad 3rd series ( iOS 9.3.5) so I could start testing Push Notifications,but being able to run my app on it meant adapting it all.. crazy stuff but I learned a lot..
I hope I can soon afford real Apple stuff for the company.. but for that I need investor's money first..hahahha

BTW.. I'm going mad trying installing Mojave, USB creation takes hours.. and installation get stuck on less than a minute remaining time..
I'm trying with UniBeast 9.1 now .. to see if it makes any differerence..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back