Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Ive successfully installed 10.9 on The asus p5qpl-am
Cpu= Intel e6300 dual core
ram= 4gb
WD hdd 500 Gb
Bootloader chameleon 2.2! very important

Unibeast method +multibeast

install the chameleon boot loader to an older hdd to be able to boot from it in to the installer - boot with graphicsEnabler= yes and -x

after that boot into the installed system with the same boot options- install easy beast and voodoo hda 7.2
and AttansicL1Ethernet kext and the chameleon boot loader! reboot
delete jmicron kext and NullCpu kext you're done!

Hi !
Thank you for your tuto
It's work fine for me for the same motherboard except for the Ethernet.
I wonder if I downloaded the good file AttansicL1Ethernet (there are hundred of ones on the net)
Could you give us the link of your file ?
Thank you

I found ! In fact the kext is AttansicL1eEthernet and not AttansicL1Ethernet
And for me, It works better with iMac 11,2 than Mac pro 5
Regards.

EDIT: got internet and Apple ID working.
Can anybody with this motherboard tell me if Sleep works?
Also, the VoodooHDA provokes a high-pitched sound constantly (and some audio crackles). I don't want to be picky, but it's not comfortable after a certain time. Anyone knows how to fix this? If I use 2.8.2 instead, I get a better quality audio but the volume is at a low, constant level.

Dear Dimix,

Do you have any blinkings, when you on Safari? Or can you use iworks programs like pages, numbers?

I have installed Mavericks, to p5qpl-am and e7500 CPU, without graphic card. And I have problems, that I wrote.

Hi there,

I have two of these boards and I've updated to the latest firmware (0416) but I can't for the life of me get it to boot off the USB stick. I've tried all flavour of BIOS settings but the most I can get is a blinking cursor. How did you get it to boot the stick? Did you put chameleon on a drive first and then boot from that? Thanks in advance!!

Hi Ive successfully installed 10.9 on The asus p5qpl-am
Cpu= Intel e6300 dual core
ram= 4gb
WD hdd 500 Gb
Bootloader chameleon 2.2! very important

Unibeast method +multibeast

install the chameleon boot loader to an older hdd to be able to boot from it in to the installer - boot with graphicsEnabler= yes and -x

after that boot into the installed system with the same boot options- install easy beast and voodoo hda 7.2
and AttansicL1Ethernet kext and the chameleon boot loader! reboot
delete jmicron kext and NullCpu kext you're done!

OK so I found an even easier workaround. I installed chameleon 2.2 on a USB stick instead of an old hard drive. I had two USB sticks in the machine, one with Chameleon 2.2 only and the other with the Mavericks installer. When I booted the machine it automatically found chameleon on one USB but let me boot into the other USB, kinda cool!

Installing dual boot with Windows 8, will report back with my findings.

GRRRR... OK so I got them both installed but I can't get it to boot non-windows... Should have done OSX only.
Gotta look up the active partition switch commands...

I ditched dual boot and got it working. I'm sure there's a way to get dual working but I really can't be bothered with this particular machine.

You were absolutely right that the -x switch is necessary. Without it I was getting "Installation Failed" with log messages hinting that the hard drive was not mounting (possibly due to 4k sectors?). In any case, -x worked.

I did have a problem with the machine not turning on after install, which was resolved by removing power and plugging it back in, so the issue may be unrelated. Otherwise it seems to be running ok.

yeah i've that sound too you're right it's annoying :D thanks for the response :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back