Contribute
Register

ASUS P5Q - Yosemite Installation Success

Status
Not open for further replies.
My own mistake, back audio works once I select line out as output device.

Hi everyone. I have Asus P5Q and installed Yosemite. All very good working, but I updated OS up to 10.10.4 and the sound was gone. Help, please. Need kext for Realtek ALC1200. Thanks in advance.

ASUS P5Q-E and P5Q Deluxe Installation Guide
You have to have your ethernet card installed first before you can compile a DSDT to make audio work, so follow my instructions otherwise you are gonna get errors when compiling the DSDT.

This is my guide I made for my Yosemite 10.10.3 working on Asus P5Q-E, I am pretty sure it will work on the Asus P5Q Deluxe.

My System Specs
Asus P5Q-E
Intel Q9550 OC 3.6ghz
8gb DDR 2
2 Nvidia GTX 570 SLI
TL-WDN4800 wifi card natively works
IOGEAR GBU521 natively works
2 128gb SS
1 2tb HD

I do not have iMessage working and I DO NOW(added something else) have S3 sleep working.

I created the unibeast disk following tonymacs guide for yosemite.
I only used Legacy USB support option.

I followed Cacamaca's guide from here but I will go into exact detail of how to get our ethernet and audio working.

After booting from the USB make sure you use these bootflags before installation. Depending on your GPU, you may not need these. I needed them for the 570gtx

GraphicsEnabler=Yes
IGPEnabler=No

After you install yosemite on the SSD, your PC will restart and you need to use those bootflags again or whichever combination you used to boot from the USB to install the first time.

Complete the setup and do what Cacamaca said with copying the "Extra" folder from the USB to the main drive you installed your yosemite on.
To do this:
You will first have to enable viewing hidden files from terminal.
Open terminal type this
defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES

Then go to your installation USB copy the "Extra" folder
Then go to finder then click on "Go" in the top of the toolbar then click "computer"
Then click on the hard drive you installed yosemite on.
Then Paste the "Extra" folder there.

After This is done, Go back to your USB and copy the
Multibeast folder to your downloads folder.
Open Multibeast and install these
GraphicsEnabler=Yes
IGPEnabler=No
Mac Pro 3,1
Chimera v4.1
Tonymacx86 White Theme(or whatever theme you use)
TRIM Enabler 10.10.3 patch(Only if you have an SSD)
3rd party sata
FakeSMC
FakeSMC plugins
FakeSMC HW monitor Application(not needed)
PS/2 Keyboard/Mice and Trackpads(for older mouse and keyboards)

Done for my S3 sleep
Hibernate Desktop Mode(tried to fix S3 sleep, didn't work by itself)
AppleRTC Patch for CMOS reset
You should restart you computer after this but may not need to.

After you install those Use KextBeast to install these(Thanks to Koliberk) that I have attached(you need to place these kexts on the desktop and then open kextbeast and install)
AppleYukon2.kext (This will install the ethernet card)
AppleVIIATA.kext (This enabled my IDE DVD drive)
lspcidrv.kext (Not sure what this does but Koliberk installed it, If someone knows what it does, let me know)

Restart Computer. (To make sure that Ethernet is en0 and your wifi is en1)
Now go to System Preferences
Go to network and delete everything by clicking the "-" sign on the bottom right next to the "+" sign.
Open finder, click "Go" on top of the toolbar click computer then open your main mac drive, open library, then preferences, then SystemConfiguration. Now delete preferences.plist and NetworkInterfaces.plist.
Empty Trash and reboot.

Try to log on to your App Store now and see if it connects. Now Restart computer.

For Audio to work natively with ADI A2000b, you need a working DSDT and a few kexts.
Now Download a program called Maciasl
Open it and click compile to see if there any errors.
Then click on "Patch" in the middle.
On the left it will show a folder with a triangle pointing to a folder called "SourceForge"
click on the triangle then click "Insert DTGP" then click "apply" on the bottom right. Then close.
Now while in Maciasl find this in your DSDT "Device (P0P4)"
AT THIS POINT OPEN UP THE .doc file I have attached in the zip file and follow those instructions to copy the correct Device HDEF into DSDT using Maciasl.

Now click compile again. Save The DSDT as DSDT.aml by clicking "File" then "Save As"
name it DSDT and choose format as ACPI Machine Language Binary.

Copy this DSDT to your Extra folder in your main drive.

Dont restart yet, Install these kexts that I provided using KextBeast(You need to place these kexts on desktop with no other kexts on there)
AppleHDA.kext
HDAEnabler.kext

Now restart and you should have Audio fully working. Even the front port for the mic works.
Let me know if you need any other information or have any other recommendations.
My iMessage does not work and my computer does finally bootup back when it goes into S3 sleep by checking those 2 options in multibeast.

In the Zip file I have the Kexts and my DSDT I would recommend using your own DSDT but you can look at mine for the audio part.

Thank you for your contribution, after many attempts I finally managed to make a hackintosh for my desktop, which has a very similar hardware to yours.
I'm able to boot smoothly, and I'm working Bluetooth (a dongle), audio on board and even my GTX580 card.
However I would like a help regarding my GPU driver.
In configurations CUDA this stating that the CUDA driver is in version 6.5.25 and my GPU 10.4.2.310.41.35f01. This is the latest? Trying to do the update by the utility failure occurs, and I'm a little lost as to which version I install. My card is the GTX580

Try the iMac 13,1 definition and see if that works. It did work for me.

I also had the same problem, I have a Q9550 I'm told that my system is an Intel Xeon.
Doing this procedure I have to select the other options in Multbeast that had selected to install the system or only choose this option will cause only this alteration occurs on my system?

Finally I would like to know if a Razer Barracuda AC-1 it is possible to work on my system? I not found much help as kexts to make it work.

Regarding your Cuda issue, I haven't really messed around with it, I just used the installed the latest nvidia drivers and use that. i also don't have much experience with the razor sound card.

Regarding your Cuda issue, I haven't really messed around with it, I just used the installed the latest nvidia drivers and use that. i also don't have much experience with the razor sound card.

And where I could download the latest drivers?

The download link for OSX drivers is not listed as supported the 5xx series, I install it anyway?

And looking on the driver page for my model and listing the OS like FreeBSD found this, I use this?

thanks a lot man!

Hi cacamaca
If you ever install El Capitan on yout ASUS P5Q would you please make a tuto ?

I would like to install El Capitan on my P5Q-E with my nvidia 730 installed.
the last working version for me was Mountain Lion and I have given up on tinkering with mavericks or even yosemite...

What I tried was making the Unibeast 6.0 thumbdrive without any graphics-option.
As it booted up, it showed the white apple-logo on black background for 40 sec and then is overwritten by kernel-panic messages
"backtrace: com.apple.driver.AppleUSBUHCIPCI(1.0.1)..."

As I'm new to clover, I still have to learn what the usual humps are or where to tweak...

Not sure if you still using P5Q. I recently migrated to Clover from Chimera and I am unable to shutdown.

Mind to shed some lights?

Hello Help to solve the problem. 10,10,5 running and worked with the cor 2 Duo I replaced the CPU on Xeon but beyond that the system does not boot. The flag -v -x -f does not help. Always stop here on this.
IMG_5110.jpg

Hello !
Do all your onboard USB ports, Firewire and Esata work as they should ?

thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back