Contribute
Register

ASUS P5Q - Mavericks Installation Success

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks cacamaca. Yes the specs and versions are different for your rig. This all is experimental for me.

Taking hints from your guide gave me a working Mavericks with audio and Lan all working. Only problem is I can't self boot from HDD. I always need to boot from Unibeast USB.

So let's see if anybody can help.

thanks anyway

Thanks cacamaca. Yes the specs and versions are different for your rig. This all is experimental for me.

Taking hints from your guide gave me a working Mavericks with audio and Lan all working. Only problem is I can't self boot from HDD. I always need to boot from Unibeast USB.

So let's see if anybody can help.

thanks anyway

Given the fact that you are able to boot from Unibeast but not from HDD, I was wondering if you followed step 3 from the main post:

3. Copy the entire Extra folder from Mavericks Unibeast USB stick to Extra folder on the HDD. If the files are not visible use: "defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES" in the terminal and relaunch Finder (ALT+right click). This step will not only create the “Extensions” folder under “Extra” on the HDD but it will also copy the org.chameleon.Boot.plist file.
Multibeast 6.0.0 gave me the error message “Installation failed”. Seems there might be a bug if the file does not exist and you try to change boot options in Multibeast 6.0.0.

If you do that and assuming that you have already installed Chimera through Multibeast, it should work booting from HDD.

Thank you for your guide, it was very helpful.
I spent 2 days trying to install Mavericks using unibeast. I was using flag: GraphicEnabler=Yes with partial success but still hanging at apple logo.

Only when I came across your guide with flags:
IGPEnabler=No + GraphicsEnabler=Yes did I have success.

I couldn't get Chimera 2.2.1 stand alone to work properly for some reason, and options to load IGPEnabler=No GraphicsEnabler=Yes in multibeast kept failing.
I used multibeast to install Chimera 2.2.1 and all is working!

Big thanks again! :thumbup:

m/b P5q Pro.

Now I followed

1- the Multibeast procedure (following your steps 4 and 5 in first post) doesn't end with a green success! instead installation failed.

2- When I try to boot from HDD with -v, it stuck up at"missing bluetooth controller transport"

I do not have any bluetooth device on board.

please help

guys, today I figured out the problem.:clap:
it was the following two items I selected from Multibeast 6 after my Mavericks installation

5. Launch Multibeast 6.0.0 and select
- IGPEnabler=No
- GraphicsEnabler=Yes

This time i did these steps

1- installed mavericks as per the steps given by
cacamaca
2- after installation, I installed chimera 2.2.1 from its own installer as stated by
cacamaca
My Graphics was identified by Mavericks correctly as ATI HD6850 BartsPe so I not touched any graphics related settings
3- Ran Multibeast 6 for Mavericks and just selected Mac Pro 3.1 definition
4- Shutdown and booted from My HDD and voila
:clap: I got success this time.
5-followed to install Ethernet and Sound kexts and finally they are also working.

Now I need:
a) my built in sound is Realtek ALC1200 8 -Channel High-Definition Audio CODEC , How it is recognized in Apple, I mean can I get all those features of 8 Channel HD audio and other configuration that appears in its windows driver?

b) Is there a better kext than I installed with the those provided from cacamaca ?

Can you sir help me with Sound, I have P5Q Deluxe, and everything works fine except sound! I tried this kext you put in attachment but still nothing! :banghead: I try to evade VOODOO Lab since last time I tried it had some weird 1 second delay and crackling, so I want HDA to succeed. Everything worked on 10.8 but now only sound is bugged, can somebody help me, or upload right kext for Asus P5Q-DELUXE!?

I only loaded the following, as these were the only ones I needed on 10.8.5:
- IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector
- FakeSMC
- PS/2 Keyboard/Mice and Trackpads
- AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset

Of course I also loaded the audio and ethernet driver.

I had created a custom DSDT (attached here:View attachment 71478) with this text file from olarola dot com: View attachment 71477
It all worked perfect on 10.8.5 and it works too on Mavericks.

Here's the content of my org.chameleon.Boot.plist:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>EnableC2State</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>GenerateCStates</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>GeneratePStates</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Graphics Mode</key>
    <string>1680x1050x32</string>
    <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Kernel</key>
    <string>mach_kernel</string>
    <key>Kernel Flags</key>
    <string>npci=0x2000</string>
    <key>Theme</key>
    <string>B00tcamp</string>
    <key>Timeout</key>
    <string>2</string>
    <key>UseKernelCache</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

So, I guess this thread would provide anyone who wants to use their P5Q mobo with all the tools to get it working.

Thanks to your instructions I successfully created my own DSDT.aml using MaciASL and the P5Q.txt you provided. My system was not working with your DSDT but your guidance was of essence in order to create my own. Many thanks also to the creator of this thread for his valuable information. The system is now unbelievably fast and stable with all functions working. I used latest multibeast, UserDSDT and the audio/NIC drivers for P5Q (vanilla version) after flashing 2209 modded bios.

Question: is there a slic 2.1 table in that bios? If not if it gets re-modded will this change the Hackinotsh behavior?

BR,
F

Great guide mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Managed to install OSX Mavericks 10.9.4 on ASUS P5Q-E with 9600GT.

Didn't used any kexsts for audio and LAN because I use an external Audio interface with native osx drivers and a Netgear GA311 lan PCI card that works out of the box with osx.

It helps if you have peripherals that are supported by official osx drivers. I bought a native instruments usb audio interface so no need for the onboard audio (disabled in bios) and I have the netgear pci card since the Leopard days that works perfect.... :)

Just updated to OSX 10.9.5 from Apple software update.

Any idead on how to manage OSX to read correctly my Core 2 Quad Q9550?

Attachments

• osx.jpg
    osx.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 309
It helps if you have peripherals that are supported by official osx drivers. I bought a native instruments usb audio interface so no need for the onboard audio (disabled in bios) and I have the netgear pci card since the Leopard days that works perfect.... :)

Just updated to OSX 10.9.5 from Apple software update.

Any idead on how to manage OSX to read correctly my Core 2 Quad Q9550?

Try the iMac 13,1 definition and see if that works. It did work for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back