Contribute
Register

ASUS P5Q - Mavericks Installation Success

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you guys manage to get auto sleep and wake via bluetooth mouse or kb working? I've installed Mavericks on my P5Q-C without any issues but I could never get auto sleep and wake via mouse/kb working since the Leopard days. I'm using an edited DSDT.

Did you guys manage to get auto sleep and wake via bluetooth mouse or kb working? I've installed Mavericks on my P5Q-C without any issues but I could never get auto sleep and wake via mouse/kb working since the Leopard days. I'm using an edited DSDT.
Yes I did. Autosleep works. Also when I press the sleep button on my keyboard. Wake works, but a little weird. Here's how: when my monitor sleeps, I need to wake it up by pressing the shift button. When the computer sleeps, I need to wiggle my mouse. But other than that, yes it works. What also surprised me was that scheduled wake works (button at the bottom of the Energy Saver settings).

My P5Q machine is running on maverick now.

Yep...Multibeat make boot loader failure ..

:thumbup:

Hi.
I've got P5QL-E and GF8400GS - also get everything working except TWO DISPLAYS. They worked perfectly on ML but with Mavericks the PC won't even boot when 2 connected. Any of them by DVI - no problem.

Did anyone succeeded with 2 displays on mavericks?

Yes I did. Autosleep works. Also when I press the sleep button on my keyboard. Wake works, but a little weird. Here's how: when my monitor sleeps, I need to wake it up by pressing the shift button. When the computer sleeps, I need to wiggle my mouse. But other than that, yes it works. What also surprised me was that scheduled wake works (button at the bottom of the Energy Saver settings).

Interesting... could you share your DSDT.aml file so I can compare it with mine?

Edit: Sorry I didn't see that you've already shared your DSDT in a previous post - thanks! Also an update: I left my computer for a while and when I came back I noticed it had magically entered sleep state all by itself (I tested it a few times and it works!) :)

Guide works perfectly 10/10. :D

I tried once before, but got stuck in the infinite rebooting scenario like you.

I now have everything work, EXCEPT sleep mode does not work for me. (Selecting sleep mode from the apple menu results in instant wake up from sleep.) Anyone else having this?

I only loaded the following, as these were the only ones I needed on 10.8.5:
- IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector
- FakeSMC
- PS/2 Keyboard/Mice and Trackpads
- AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset

Of course I also loaded the audio and ethernet driver.

I had created a custom DSDT (attached here:View attachment 71478) with this text file from olarola dot com: View attachment 71477
It all worked perfect on 10.8.5 and it works too on Mavericks.

Here's the content of my org.chameleon.Boot.plist:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>EnableC2State</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>GenerateCStates</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>GeneratePStates</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Graphics Mode</key>
    <string>1680x1050x32</string>
    <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Kernel</key>
    <string>mach_kernel</string>
    <key>Kernel Flags</key>
    <string>npci=0x2000</string>
    <key>Theme</key>
    <string>B00tcamp</string>
    <key>Timeout</key>
    <string>2</string>
    <key>UseKernelCache</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

So, I guess this thread would provide anyone who wants to use their P5Q mobo with all the tools to get it working.

My box does not even boot with this dsdt. I tried your settings in hopes of getting sleep mode, but alas. Which bios version are you and OP on?

UPDATE:
Turns out sleep actually _IS_ working. It was just the usb stick with uniboot on that kept waking the system up again instantly... Not even funny how long I spent on that xD

Uhm... it's better not to use another person's DSDT (unless it's a generic one).
Anyway, there's a guide by Rehabman on how to create your own DSDT.
Use the P5Q.txt file I shared to patch your extracted DSDT.

If you want to use the same BIOS that I'm using, then you'll have to get this one:
p5q2209m-imr11-m6121l75.rom by Bong (or sometimes called Bongki)
It's shared here and here. This is the only BIOS that I've never had any problems with.
Note: If you change your BIOS then you'll have to update your DSDT!!

Disclaimer: That it works on my computer doesn't mean it will work on yours. Always make a backup!

P.S. Next time I'll boot, I'll make sure I make a note of the BIOS settings and post it here :)

Yeah, I figured :p

I've only touched DSDTs a few years ago when trying to get Linux running on an old laptop.

Although I feel my Bios is quite buggy, I won't bother doing anything more to it. I have some issues with discovering hard drives every other boot, but meh. Now that I found the usb drive was the one causing the wake up to happen, I'm a happy panda. The USB mouse, keyboard and headset are working flawlessly and not interrupting sleep mode, so I can really recommend this approach for the P5Q. Brilliant stuff! <3

I only added the kext for the CMOS reset as that was reaaally annoying. It is fully working now. I'm used to _a lot_ of tinkering in the linux world, it was just really weird to install os x, as there is no source code or readily access to the kernel. At least the logging system seems ok. Also the boot debug messages seem pretty bad.

Thank you for the tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back