Contribute
Register

ASUS P5Q - Mavericks Installation Success

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Guys,

I just got my p5q mb setup today with a nice new GeForce GT 740, seems to be working perfectly out of the box except for ethernet. I installed the kexts that were attached to this thread with Kext Beast and it's showing up as atheros ethernet controller in the sytem information window.

It seems like everyone else got ethernet working right away. Any tips? I have audio working, video is fine. just having trouble with ethernet.

Thanks.

Hey Guys,

I just got my p5q mb setup today with a nice new GeForce GT 740, seems to be working perfectly out of the box except for ethernet. I installed the kexts that were attached to this thread with Kext Beast and it's showing up as atheros ethernet controller in the sytem information window.

It seems like everyone else got ethernet working right away. Any tips? I have audio working, video is fine. just having trouble with ethernet.

Thanks.

What P5Q version is your MB? Just P5Q or P5Q Deluxe, etc? It's interesting that system information recognizes the Ethernet card but you say it's not working. Have you checked the Network in System Settings? What is the IP that is being assigned to the network card and what does your network use? (Ex. 192.168, 10.0, etc?) Are you using a network domain or workgroup? If yes, have you set it up correctly in the network settings? I recommend you fill out your build details in your signature so we know exactly what components you have used for your CustoMac.

Followed your guide. Clean install on a machine that was running 10.6.8. My mobo is a p5q se/r and it worked like a charm! Even your kexts, which according to the components, should have been problematic. Thank you!!!!

Followed your guide. Clean install on a machine that was running 10.6.8. My mobo is a p5q se/r and it worked like a charm! Even your kexts, which according to the components, should have been problematic. Thank you!!!!

Glad it helped you! :) You should be able to install Yosemite as well. Look for my post regarding that for the same MB.

Recently installed yosemite on my Asus P5Q-E which has this ADI ad2000b sound card, I used latest unibeast and mulitbeast to do the install.
I followed this installation guide
The installation guide is for the Asus P5Q which has a different ethernet card and audio card. so I didn't do what he included for that.
Following the guide, After installation, I copied the Extra folder from the "USB yosemite install" to my main folder, then I launched multibeast installed
1. Chimera 4.1
2. Mac Pro 3,1 defintion
3. GPUEnabler=Yes
4. IGPEnabler=No
5. Theme white Tony Theme

I have not installed anything else,
The computer runs well with my WIFI card, bluetooth dongle without any other modifications.
It sleeps wakes and shuts down reboots fine.
The 2 problems I have are the audio and my ethernet card.
I know once i solve my ethernet, I can connect to the apple store etc.
But before I do anything I want to get my audio working.
Once I figure out how to fix my audio, I will move on to the ethernet card. If I start messing things up in the fixing of my audio, I can always reinstall fresh reinstall but I want to get the exact method to get audio working on a clean install of yosemite.

Since i don't have a DSDT or anything like that, It is a very basic install and would like getting the native hardware working before I start moving on.
Can you please explain to me how i would get the ad2000b audio working. Should I create DSDT, I don't want to use someone else's DSDT, I want to keep my install as vanilla as possible.
Or can you please point me in the right direction.

My specs
Asus P5Q-E
Q9550
8gb ddr2
2 570gtx SLI
TL-WDN4800 wifi card natively works
IOGEAR GBU521 natively works
2 128gb SSd
1 2tb HD

I see on this thread they got audio working, but I think I need a DSDT to use this and I don't have one, should I create a DSDT, and If i create a DSDT or is there a way to use kextbeast to install and get my audio working.
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293422-solved-help-with-adi-ad2000b-on-mavericks/

Ill post in the yosemite forum for p5q maybe someone got it all figured out.

Last edited:
@cacamaca have you had any experience w/ audio or LAN kext/driver support on El Capitan? I've got a full setup working after a run w/MultiBeast (El Capitan 8.2.3) but no audio and thought to ask if you've upgraded /had this work or no

thanks again for this great write up!

**edit** - also I'm using clover w/ the legacy bootloader (unsure if that is part of the issue here/ or if you've used clover w/ the Asus board yet)

Way to late to the party but i'm gonna try anyway.

Can't find the HDAenabler*.kext

And when i reboot after all is done system replies: this bootloader is not supported ( twice on the screen)

But when i use -v it gets stuck at sound. See print screen.

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    332.9 KB · Views: 182
This is just reminder of what i did. Maybe interesting for other people.

Anyway it's working! The thing is i need IQPEnabler=Yes and GraphicsEnabler=No to get it working!

Because i got a ATI Radeon HD4870 512mb. And that's supported in MacOs natively.

Only thing is now that resolution is lower than while installing. Max is 1680 * 1050. Also system recognises it as a 4800.

Sound and network is for later.

Also beware about the bios. I updated to latest 2209 i think. But settings there are also crucial i think.

I changed to AHCI and disabled the Marvel IDE. The rest is default. Tried all kinds as named in this tread but none worked. But i guess that's because of the video not working before.

Changed to the other DVI connector and it works. Now let's try sound and network!

Edit:

- Sound and Network work!!!
- now downloading updates.

YES!

Last edited:
Back at it. I got a X 5460 xeon as replacement. Wouldn't boot up my Sierra. So i tried Mavericks again.

All what i said above didn't work. After verbose mode i only got scrambled dots on top of my screen.

Only thing to reach the installer was by using -v npci=x2000.

I got 2 of those cpu's and needed to test them so tried windows 10 pro and that worked for both.

Anyway now in the installer and see how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back