Contribute
Register

ASUS P5Q Deluxe DITCH VoodooHDA (New Audio Kext Available)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H (F7)
CPU
i7-4790S
Graphics
HD 4600
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi ASUS P5Q Deluxe motherboard owners,

if you're using VoodooHDA for audio then you can delete it right now !

I have found an excellent Kext package called ADI AD2000B for ASUS P5Q Deluxe courtesy of NiDmise at OSx86.net ADI AD2000B for ASUS P5Q Deluxe - Downloads - OSx86.net

STEREO: I do not have a surround setup so have only tested the Analogue front panel headphones and rear line out (lime coloured port). You get a way better output level than VoodooHDA. No distortion, no clicks or pops.

Best of all... Digital Out optical and coaxial work flawlessly

I have only tested this under Snow Leopard however and OS X Lion now, both are supported.

NOTE:
Before installing this Kext package, you'll need to delete VoodooHDA.kext which is stored in Extensions folder i.e /S/L/E (that's /System/Library/Extensions )
. If you have installed any other HDA kexts (e.g Roll back kext or AppleHDA kext then delete that too)

• After downloading the kext from OSx86.net, you should have a zip file called Sound AD2000B P5Q Deluxe.zip.

Unpack the zip file, place this folder on your desktop and open the folder to see all the four Kexts (AD2000b.kext, AppleHDA.kext, HDAEnabler.kext, HDAFEnabler.kext, HDEFEnabler.kext)

Use your Kext Installer of choice. I used Kext Utility I prefer KextBeast to install all the four kexts one by one.

When kexts installed, run System Utilities in MultiBeast and then Reboot.

Open System Preferences / Sound / Output, make your selections and your done :thumbup:
Internal Speaker (Built-in): outputs analogue audio to the Line Out Rear (lime coloured Port)

Headphones (Built-in): when headphones are plugged into front panel headphone jack, it will disable sound from your external speakers and the Internal Speaker will change to this mode.

Line Out (Audio line-out port) -
didn't get any sound on these two because i only have a stereo setup so no surround audio to test with

Digital Out (Optical digital-out port) - Both S/PDIF Optical and Coaxial work flawlessly and the output level is HUGE !! NOTE: The Apple volume slider is disabled in Digital Out mode.

Enjoy :D

17/07/2012 EDIT: typo corrected for the fourth kext (thanks Morrie14), kexts work with both Lion and Snow Leopard. I recommend KextBeast for installing any third party kext. It's better than Kext Utility IMO.

Oh, thank you! After I spent many hours for two days searching for a way to solve my problem with the audio of an Asus Rampage II Gene, I tested your method, deleted all the installed files related to sound, and installed your files. Reboot and... voilà! All working. Even the optical sound with 5.1

Perfect! Thank you again!

Cool Shinji3rd,

my guide was intended for the Asus P5Q Deluxe so that fact that it works also for the Asus Rampage II Gene is great.

It's also great to hear that surround sound work too as i do not have a surround setup to test it :thumbup:

I don't have 5.1 surround. My outputs do work separately, though.

I just installed using Multibeast, and tried VoodooHDA first (after reading this, I could not find it in S/L/E). Is this an issue? I even cd'd to that location in terminal (as super user) but still don't see it in the list...

Here is what happens (in sound prefs):
Internal (built-in): Front(RL) Only + Sub
Line Out 1: Rear(RL) Only + Sub
Line Out 2: Center only + Sub
Digital Out: Nothing (nothing plugged in)

I have a Logitech X-530(5.1) system. It have it plugged in thus:
Green(->Front), Orange(->Bass), Black(->Rear).

It only outputs to one channel at a time (front/rear/center). However, it picks up the sub(Bass) everywhere. I wish I could somehow "combine" the outputs. (Sound and levels are great).

Maybe I will try some of the adapters that came with it and plug in the speakers differently??(-- Have to find them first).

What speakers are you guys using?

@Shinji3rd: Do you have combined outputs (One Line-out)? or separate line outs like me? (Do you know something I don't to get them to "combine" into one unified stream)?

(BTW, my fourth kext in the package is called "HDEFEnabler" not "HDAFEnabler" is this a typo, or is my package different? (This is the only one I found here, same name)).

I have a surround system with optical in, so I'm connecting it via the optical output, and the 5.1 works great. I don't know if you can combine outputs, because from what you said and what I see on my sound options I understand that you can only select one audio output on the system. Please, correct me if I'm wrong, but I suppose that analog audio are only giving stereo 2.1

tanx bro! works perfect on my p5q-e. Thank again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back