Contribute
Register

Asus N752VX

What did you edit? I'm curious because I have the same issue on my XPS 9360, and I've just been putting up with it.
after installing hda-verb and codeccomander.kext, after booting, in terminal:
Code:
hda-verb 0x19 SET_PIN_WIDGET_CONTROL 0x25

then tested the audio via headphones, it was perfect, so using Sniki tool from here:

i replaced the code above in :

by removing:
Code:
NSString *output1 = [[binPrefix stringByAppendingString:@"hda-verb 0x1a SET_PIN_WIDGET_CONTROL 0x24"] runAsCommand];
    NSString *output2 = [[binPrefix stringByAppendingString:@"hda-verb 0x15 SET_UNSOLICITED_ENABLE 0x83"] runAsCommand];

and then just adding the 1 line:

Code:
NSString *output1 = [[binPrefix stringByAppendingString:@"hda-verb 0x19 SET_PIN_WIDGET_CONTROL 0x25"] runAsCommand];

then saving and then recompiling the files

lols, have spent a bit of time on this one :)

the ALCPLugFix, when you plug in headphones, sometimes it distorts the adio, sometimes depends on the video playing. and sometimes messes up after sleep

the ALCPlugfix fixes that issue, had to amend some code to make that work on my machine :)

the card i swapped out was for the BCM94352Z card, along with the kexts from the OC zip on page 1 i gave you, will make bluetooth and wifi work lovely :)

also, the only thing i couldn't fix was sleeping while plugged in to power, so i disabled that in energy saver settings

also , you may want to do these commands in terminal:

Code:
sudo pmset -a standby 0
sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo mkdir /var/vm/sleepimage
Alright done that too. Thanks. Will check out if I can find that wifi card.

Some last stupid questions - can you do drag and drop with the trackpad? and how do I use ctrl-c ctrl-v shortcus?

also when logging in - it always prompts me with a message that a drive could not be initialised - I guess that's the HDD? any workaround for that?

After that I'll stop bugging you. Promise :D

Alright done that too. Thanks. Will check out if I can find that wifi card.

Some last stupid questions - can you do drag and drop with the trackpad? and how do I use ctrl-c ctrl-v shortcus?

also when logging in - it always prompts me with a message that a drive could not be initialised - I guess that's the HDD? any workaround for that?

After that I'll stop bugging you. Promise :D
i use 3 finger drag which works brilliant

try alt and c or you can change modifier keys in keyboard preferences

drive could not be initialised, not sure, have you tried to format your 2TB drive?

i use 3 finger drag which works brilliant

try alt and c or you can change modifier keys in keyboard preferences

drive could not be initialised, not sure, have you tried to format your 2TB drive?

copy paste works, drag and drop too - i unticked the force click box under trackpad settings.
Btw: does your keyboard backlight work?

ignore the hdd issue -i got all my data from windows on there.Will not format it. I think its because its dynamically formatted on windows. That happened recently when reallocating the partitions.

copy paste works, drag and drop too - i unticked the force click box under trackpad settings.
Btw: does your keyboard backlight work?

ignore the hdd issue -i got all my data from windows on there.Will not format it. I think its because its dynamically formatted on windows. That happened recently when reallocating the partitions.
my laptop does not have the keyboard backlight :(

my laptop does not have the keyboard backlight :(
Haha ok. Then our laptops are only 98% identic.
Still amazed by how smooth everything works now. Its almost bornig :D

Haha ok. Then our laptops are only 98% identic.
Still amazed by how smooth everything works now. Its almost bornig :D
i could take a look tomorrow, it is probably just the case of adding a few bits in the fn keys aml file and a couple of renames in the config.plist

have just looked at the files and for some reason the renames are already in place:

Code:
<dict>
                    <key>Comment</key>
                    <string>_Q0C(0,N) to ZQ0C(0,N) FN+f5 Brightness Down</string>
                    <key>Disabled</key>
                    <false/>
                    <key>Find</key>
                    <data>
                    X1EwQwA=
                    </data>
                    <key>Replace</key>
                    <data>
                    WlEwQwA=
                    </data>
                </dict>
                <dict>
                    <key>Comment</key>
                    <string>_Q0D(0,N) to ZQ0D(0,N) Fn+F6 Brightness Up</string>
                    <key>Disabled</key>
                    <false/>
                    <key>Find</key>
                    <data>
                    X1EwRAA=
                    </data>
                    <key>Replace</key>
                    <data>
                    WlEwRAA=
                    </data>
                </dict>

the _Q0C and _Q0D not sure why i added the bits FN+f5 Brightness Down and Fn+F6 Brightness Up

as according to AsusSMC docs:

f3:

and f4:

uses those for those keys for keyboard brightness, will have to check the .aml file and see what is going on in there :) but a bit late now :)

i could take a look tomorrow, it is probably just the case of adding a few bits in the fn keys aml file and a couple of renames in the config.plist

have just looked at the files and for some reason the renames are already in place:

Code:
<dict>
                    <key>Comment</key>
                    <string>_Q0C(0,N) to ZQ0C(0,N) FN+f5 Brightness Down</string>
                    <key>Disabled</key>
                    <false/>
                    <key>Find</key>
                    <data>
                    X1EwQwA=
                    </data>
                    <key>Replace</key>
                    <data>
                    WlEwQwA=
                    </data>
                </dict>
                <dict>
                    <key>Comment</key>
                    <string>_Q0D(0,N) to ZQ0D(0,N) Fn+F6 Brightness Up</string>
                    <key>Disabled</key>
                    <false/>
                    <key>Find</key>
                    <data>
                    X1EwRAA=
                    </data>
                    <key>Replace</key>
                    <data>
                    WlEwRAA=
                    </data>
                </dict>

the _Q0C and _Q0D not sure why i added the bits FN+f5 Brightness Down and Fn+F6 Brightness Up

as according to AsusSMC docs:

f3:

and f4:

uses those for those keys for keyboard brightness, will have to check the .aml file and see what is going on in there :) but a bit late now :)
I am tempted to tell you don't bother - but i get a feeling that you love the challenge of getting this fixed :) i leave it up to you. Still enjoying my setup - fascinating...

I am tempted to tell you don't bother - but i get a feeling that you love the challenge of getting this fixed :) i leave it up to you. Still enjoying my setup - fascinating...
will be looking into it soon, i think because my keys, F3 and F4 doesn't do anything and that my codes for those work for screen brightness instead.. out of interest, does your screen brightness keys work?

i think i may have it :)

try the attached and pop into acpi/patched folder, over write your current one

no need for any more renames in config.plist as they are already present

Attachments

• SSDT-FN-KEYS.aml
    549 bytes · Views: 59
Back