1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
  3. iMac
  4. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
so I bought the laptop i hacked for my buddy, for 100 bucks. an oldie but a quad core, and will help me out with stuff at school, more so than the 2008 macbook pro I have does. i just forgot how big a 17" laptop is compared to a 15" macbook.

however, setting up yosemite properly, I'm running into some problems. I don't think I have power management set up, as I can hear the fan, i have no battery indicator, even though i have voodoo battery installed, and the fn keys don't work to adjust the volume or anything.
as a side note, iMessage works, but improperly. it will send texts, NOT iMessages, but will not receive anything unless it seems to be in a good 'mood'. if I turn off SMS forwarding, it says no numbers or emails are registered with iMessage, but sending messages to myself works fine across all my devices. I have tried turning off iMessage on all devices, clearing cache, logging in as a different user, all to no avail.

bootloader is clover v. 3489.
asus n61VN
intel core 2 quad 2GHz
8GB DDR3
nVidia Geforce GT 240M
Yosemite 10.10.4
Windows 8.1 64bit
1TB 5400RPM HD (soon to be a 512GB SSD and replacing optical drive with 1TB 7200rpm)

Moved to Laptop Support

so I bought the laptop i hacked for my buddy, for 100 bucks. an oldie but a quad core, and will help me out with stuff at school, more so than the 2008 macbook pro I have does. i just forgot how big a 17" laptop is compared to a 15" macbook.

however, setting up yosemite properly, I'm running into some problems. I don't think I have power management set up, as I can hear the fan, i have no battery indicator, even though i have voodoo battery installed, and the fn keys don't work to adjust the volume or anything.
as a side note, iMessage works, but improperly. it will send texts, NOT iMessages, but will not receive anything unless it seems to be in a good 'mood'. if I turn off SMS forwarding, it says no numbers or emails are registered with iMessage, but sending messages to myself works fine across all my devices. I have tried turning off iMessage on all devices, clearing cache, logging in as a different user, all to no avail.

bootloader is clover v. 3489.
asus n61VN
intel core 2 quad 2GHz
8GB DDR3
nVidia Geforce GT 240M
Yosemite 10.10.4
Windows 8.1 64bit
1TB 5400RPM HD (soon to be a 512GB SSD and replacing optical drive with 1TB 7200rpm)

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

I checked out the iMessage thread, but didn't find anything for my specific problem. It seems to talk to apple fine.
I had this issue on my desktop hackintosh, made a new user and it went away. So tried that, and no dice.
However... The other stuff is intriguing. I'll look into that. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back