Contribute
Register

ASUS N580VD - Black Built-in Display (If external displays are not hot-plugged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for sharing your work. Since you use AppleALC and Whatevergreen you do bot need following:
CodecCommander.kext
FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext
FakePCIID.kext
AppleBacklightFixup.kext
4 duplicated efi drivers
drivers/bios not needed
SSDT-DISABLE-PEG0-GFX0.aml not needed since you using disable-external-gpu parameter in Clover.

Thank you for sharing your work. Since you use AppleALC and Whatevergreen you do bot need following:
CodecCommander.kext
FakePCIID.kext
AppleBacklightFixup.kext
4 duplicated efi drivers
drivers/bios not needed
SSDT-DISABLE-PEG0-GFX0.aml not needed since you using disable-external-gpu parameter in Clover.
CodecCommander.kext
FakePCIID.kext
are still needed for mine and maybe still for other models

CodecCommander.kext
FakePCIID.kext
are still needed for mine and maybe still for other models
If Lilu kext and WhateverGreen used not needed. According to developers of above mentioned kexts. Not needed for mine.

If Lilu kext and WhateverGreen used not needed. According to developers of above mentioned kexts. Not needed for mine.
yes, not needed on some machines, but are still needed on other's

@denisuu, Did you solve the OP issue, would you share how?

Hi, I am OP. Are you using FakePCIID? If you remove FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext, you can leave external displayed plugged in but you won't have Audio over HDMI.

I'm using a Dell D6000 universal docking station now. I have 2 screens connected to the docking station, since it only gets loaded after boot it's a nice workaround.

Hi, I am OP. Are you using FakePCIID? If you remove FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext, you can leave external displayed plugged in but you won't have Audio over HDMI.

I'm using a Dell D6000 universal docking station now. I have 2 screens connected to the docking station, since it only gets loaded after boot it's a nice workaround.
thanks! For me, I removed AppleBacklightFixup.kext (which is replaced by WhaterverGreen), now sovled too with dual display boot and wake-up. My ext. monitor is connected with single USB-C cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back