Contribute
Register

ASUS N56VM Install ML 10.8.X Q/A (help appreciated)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In System/Library/Extra, org.chameleon.Boot.plist, add this:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1366x768</string>

And please let me know if that works by itself. There are a few other things I have in my ~.plist beside that text string, but I'd like to know if the resolution can be changed only by adding these two lines.

If you've already tried this, sorry for the rehash.

Thanks.

In System/Library/Extra, org.chameleon.Boot.plist, add this:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1366x768</string>

And please let me know if that works by itself. There are a few other things I have in my ~.plist beside that text string, but I'd like to know if the resolution can be changed only by adding these two lines.

If you've already tried this, sorry for the rehash.

Thanks.

Already put my org.chameleon.boot.plist before.
It was working with Intel HD 4000 but not if the NV* kexts and GeForce.kext in the Library.

I am wondering what it would be in your N56 Full HD (1920x1080x32) screen? Any display come out or just black screen?

Hi

I just bought an Asus N56VM and i would like to try to install Mountain Lion but i can't find the Mountai Lion Retail version to buy. Where is it available?

Thank you very much!

Already put my org.chameleon.boot.plist before.
It was working with Intel HD 4000 but not if the NV* kexts and GeForce.kext in the Library.

I am wondering what it would be in your N56 Full HD (1920x1080x32) screen? Any display come out or just black screen?

Skip this, its useless!

However, I managed to use DSDT to activate both cards. That way you can boot in with GraphicsEnabler=Yes.
But still unable to get GeForce.kext loaded, so I think there is no graphics switching yet.
Screen Shot 2012-09-03 at 10.23.29 PM.jpg

Anyway have anyone managed to enable wifi? That the last thing I need for now.

Install went through without problems, booted successfully after removing geforce.kext but when I installed EasyBeast the screen goes blank during boot. Hard drive remains active. It appears to have booted but I can't see it! I've tried pressing Fn+F8 which in windows switches between the external and internal display. This seems to make the screen return to life but the apple logo is all i can see, the spinner icon frozen and the hard drive indicator shows idle except the occasional blink. Safe boot causes the same issue. I can boot with graphicsenabler=no but screen is still without acceleration and internal mouse and keyboard don't work either but worked fine before installing easybeast! Any help?

Specs:
System: ASUS N56VM-S4034V
CPU: Intel i7 3610QM 2.3Ghz
RAM: 8GB
HDD: Samsung 750GB standard hard drive
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000
NVIDIA GeForce GT-630m
Display: 1920x1080 internal

Here is where it hangs in verbose mode attatched. Thanks

Attachments

• 20120907_114840.jpg
    20120907_114840.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,409
I have Asus P8h77-v main board - network card is Atheros AR8161 LAN adapter, - i does not work for me :((

Install went through without problems, booted successfully after removing geforce.kext but when I installed EasyBeast the screen goes blank during boot. Hard drive remains active. It appears to have booted but I can't see it! I've tried pressing Fn+F8 which in windows switches between the external and internal display. This seems to make the screen return to life but the apple logo is all i can see, the spinner icon frozen and the hard drive indicator shows idle except the occasional blink. Safe boot causes the same issue. I can boot with graphicsenabler=no but screen is still without acceleration and internal mouse and keyboard don't work either but worked fine before installing easybeast! Any help?

Specs:
System: ASUS N56VM-S4034V
CPU: Intel i7 3610QM 2.3Ghz
RAM: 8GB
HDD: Samsung 750GB standard hard drive
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000
NVIDIA GeForce GT-630m
Display: 1920x1080 internal

Here is where it hangs in verbose mode attatched. Thanks

Read the multibeast manual!
If you use Easybeast install, it will place an org.chameleon.boot.plist that has standard value GraphicsEnabler=Yes
You might want to delete it or change into GraphicsEnabler=No

For PS2, I have appleacpips2nub.kext and appleps2controller.kext in /Extra/Extensions folder, if you don't have it, create one.

I've sent a message to an ASUS support forum today...

[h=2]No Graphics Option In BIOS, Why?[/h]
I want to disable Intel HD so I can use maximum performance of Nvidia, why?
Because I saw the graphics smoother performance run on a cheaper laptop A43S with i3 and GT 520M as main VGA with no optimus. So how do I pay more with worse performance not in gaming, but for example Windows Aero in Intel HD 4000 is not a match for Aero in the GT 520M directly.

Done some research and found that the solution is to disable it from BIOS, but I have no that option in my BIOS

So I want to know:
1. Why there is no option for: disable graphics switching, choose Intel HD only or choose Nvidia only.
2. If you say Nvidia can't work with Intel HD turned off, what the miracle that make that A43S can use the full power of nVidia (without Intel HD shows up in Device Manager.
3. I spend money to buy the Intel HD and Nvidia, so I think it will be more properly if I have right to be able to choose which Graphics I want to Use (at least in BIOS).

PS: Nvidia control panel can only arrange which program tuh use, but have no effect even I added OS program like explorer and Desktop windows manager..

I hope there will be a way to disable Intel HD though, that will be usefull for us also in Hackintosh...

Read the multibeast manual!
If you use Easybeast install, it will place an org.chameleon.boot.plist that has standard value GraphicsEnabler=Yes
You might want to delete it or change into GraphicsEnabler=No

For PS2, I have appleacpips2nub.kext and appleps2controller.kext in /Extra/Extensions folder, if you don't have it, create one.

Thanks for replying! Unfortunately your methods don't seem to work for me. I tried downloading and installing the ps2 kexts but they had no effect. Changing the GraphicsEnabler key did the same as GraphicsEnabler=No and I also tried changing the device id of the card in the plist. No effect. There is also no way to change the graphics memory which is fixed at 64mb or disable the integrated graphics completely in the bios.

Thanks for replying! Unfortunately your methods don't seem to work for me. I tried downloading and installing the ps2 kexts but they had no effect. Changing the GraphicsEnabler key did the same as GraphicsEnabler=No and I also tried changing the device id of the card in the plist. No effect. There is also no way to change the graphics memory which is fixed at 64mb or disable the integrated graphics completely in the bios.

For Keyboard and trackpad, you might want to try my kexts:
View attachment AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext.zipView attachment ApplePS2Controller.kext.zipView attachment PXHCD.kext.zip
try boot -f if still not working...

pxhcd.kext is for usb3.0, still buggy but it works. try to clear all usb port when booting.

You can boot in with GraphicsEnabler=No without any changes to any device-id, only remove GeForce.kext?
No black screen and intel has default 64MB vram.
You should able to do that first, before trying to activate qe/ci on Intel HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back