Contribute
Register

ASUS N56VM Install ML 10.8.X Q/A (help appreciated)

Status
Not open for further replies.
well there r 2 ways to get full res.
use show hidden files and copy your 10.8 mach kernel to your desktop and then run
bridgehelper 4.0.1 which can be found here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=101
BEFORE U RESTART REPLACE YOUR 10.8 MACH KERNEL IN THE ROOT OF YOUR PARTITION
as bridgehelper uses the 10.7.4 mach kernel and if u dont follow that step your system wont boot again.
that is the easy way, u should get native res to your screen which is 1366x768

another way, was to delete the NV kexts and Geforce kexts... i believe its bin a few weeks since i tried this. u can also
change the device id's in the NV100 plist kexts which is a pain but works and id have to do it again to give a more detailed
description. (i did give up on trying to hack this laptop, i reinstalled windows, until sumone gets the bios unlocked)

as for the trackpad i donno what to tell u, when i made my usb installer i clicked laptop support in the options of unibeast and
it worked for the installer then after first boot i used a usb mouse to get to the desktop then installed multibeast and in there
choose ps2 controller as one of your multibeast options and after reboot it worked. thats all i can tell u for that

i did get another hdd for my ASUS N56VM that i maybe trying this on again soon and if so i will make vids for people to follow

here is another post i made on another thread if u didnt see it

i have the same laptop and bin battling with the install for the past 2 weeks

does look good so far.. i got ML installed using Unibeast method, also you have to replace the files in the installer needed
to install ML on to an MBR partition, found here: http://www.osx86.net/view/2902-os_x_...mbr_patch.html
boot from usb install without flags and install ML on an MBR partition but when install is done you boot from the installer
again then choose ML partition using the flags -x -v once booted turn off Bluetooth from settings then remove the 3 bluetooth
kext which cause boot issues. As for graphics you need to remove the NVidia kexts as they cause issues as well. thats as far as i got
so far, lots of trial and error with lots of methods and kexts. POST any progress you may make to help us all!

THE BIG ISSUE is that the Bios uses SMART boot that is one reason it needs to be put on an MBR partition as the SMART boot feature
only sees MBR partitions, even still after installing boot loader SMART boot doesnt see OS X partition :( one thing i've found out is
that if you can unlock the bios you can change this feature to boot OS X also for better compatiblity with OS X. this feature can NOT
be changed in the stock bios. Here is a forum thread on how to unlock the bios: http://www.insanlynac.com/forum/in...owtopic=278208
i've tried this but i am unable to get it to work. not that the method doesnt work, i just cant do it haha
so if you are able to do it please post a link to your unlocked bios for ASUS N56VM so we can all enjoy with the method
you used to install it.

A proper DSDT would go along way also as there are not and kexts yet for wifi or sound, voodoo kexts i've tried have all caused panics
so if you know someone who will make one.. again post so we can all enjoy

We can HACK this laptop!

hope this all helps

First:
You all going have to get the ML installed first.. It is very easy step, there are many ways. You can find way to install by guide from this forum or other hackintosh forum.

Second:
If you manage to install it, you will always can boot to ML drive or windows with the installer dvd/usb bootloader.
Typical problem is boot freeze every time because of the graphics problem, just boot with -x option, delete or move the:
edited: GeForce.kexts in S/L/E to another location.
We probably need those kexts later for activating nVidia, but since it is still imposible to use nvdia while there is intel hd running, those kexts are useless (right now).
And first thing to do if you boot in successfully, install bootloader with tonymacx86 multibeast. So we can boot from harddrive.
You might experience boot0:error after reboot at this point, solved it first.
You can also choose Easybeast or DSDT free option.

Third:
Intel HD 4000 support natively, so simply by put this string on /Extra/org.chameleon.boot.plist
<key>device-properties</key>
<string>[hexadecimal EFI string]</string>
If you can find Extra folder, simply create one.

thanks im in the works of tryin this all out.
i foud a dsdt that is suppose to work so im gonna try it out... ill let u no if it works then post a link.

also iatkso is releasing a ML version today apparently so if i cant get this to work ill try that as i've had
good luck with it in the past.

graphics and network r the 2 biggest issues for me and well i hope this dsdt works for that
also the voodoohda kexts ive tried cause panics in the past but i found out the sound card is
alc663 and found a kext for that so ill give that a try as well, as for wifi well there r NO kexts out
there for it that i can find and to change the card is gonna be a pain as the whole bottom plate
will have to come off or i wouldve done that already.

but if we keep this goin im sure we'll get this thing running great and well most of the hardware
is fairly still new so i expected this put i also expected more support in ML but yeh..

quick tip..

i have ML on my Acer in VMWare and i have a 16gb usb stick,
so i opened the ML app i got from the appstore and installed it to the usb and ran MBeast on it,
just easier to correct mistakes and make tweats without having the system not boot after reboot and not being
able to get in to the system and revert those mistakes.

just take the usb outta the ASUS put it back in the VMWare on my Acer and make whatever changes i need
without having to restart from scratch.
i no u can view this drive using MacDrive in windows but trust me this is alot easier and compatible, for most
changes and pkg installs.

once i have everything working on that drive to a point that i no is stable i will then install
it to my main drive of my ASUS.. and if not well my windows drive is still fully in tacked and i dont
have to spend time after tryin all this to only reinstall windows and all my data..

just saved me alot of headaches hope u find it useful

There is new Mid 2012 update from apple that might run Ivy Bridge Intel HD 4000 and nVidia cards out of the box.

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1542

The MacbookPro9,1 system was exactly with ivy bridges processors with GT 650M Graphics Card.
with USB 3.0 fix and a lot more.

I am going give it a try it tomorrow..
You might want to try it too, before doing anything after ML successful install.

This update is for Lion, not for Mountain Lion.

i had my system booting with no flags like -x before i fried the display so when i get it back
ill make a guide for everyone, the only issue i have seem to only be my issue and thats wit
the bios reconizing the OSX partition, i can only get to my ML partition from the installer usb
ill figure it out.

i noticed also once u run MBeast and get your system to boot into Normal Mode the Trackpad
works :) for those that were asking, cause it doesnt work in safe mode for sum reason.

so for me i have it all working other then wifi and sound. well sound works but was buggy wit
voodoo kexts.

I am very curious with this:

Boot with -x GraphicsEnabler=Yes, with the NV* and GeForce.kext get me to blank black screen.

But I notice the system is still running, so I managed to take some screenshots with keyboard sequence.

Very surprised, both Intel HD and nVidia is actually already recognized OOTB, only the display go black.
So they are really natively supported by ML with automated switching VGA by the system. The problem is now the display.

But I am stuck!!:banghead::banghead: with the black screen.

Screen Shot 2012-09-01 at 5.08.52 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2012-09-01 at 5.08.58 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2012-09-01 at 11.46.47 AM.jpg

Wait a minute... Why the resolution of my screenshots = 1280x1024
on my laptop should be 1366x768...

No wonder the screen goes black, it can't show that resolution...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back