Contribute
Register

ASUS N56VM Install ML 10.8.X Q/A (help appreciated)

Status
Not open for further replies.
GUID isnt required and i tried Chimera also i said my graphics are working

I gave it a try myself and i reached the osx installer (with GraphicsEnabler=No) but the trackpad aint working. So i tried with an usb mouse but the USB ports dont work either.... Asus N56VZ-S4035V

if ur using unibeast click the laptop support for the installer and trackpad will work,
but after install is done usb mouse is required and should work... did for me

what happened to the posts bout the guy having found a solution??
and giving us a guide..

I used Unibeast and trackpad does NOT work. Usb3 ports worked right away for usb mouse.

when setting up unibeast choose the laptop support option and trackpad shoulduld work for the installer only
still doesnt work for the actual copy of OSX, u need to find a kext for it. i just used a usb mouse for the time being.

the big question is where did all the posts go on this thread??
this woulda bin the 4th page of comments.. weird!!
we were getting sumwhere i thought

Someone knows how to contact with the user that had published the manual to hack this laptop??? We need his manual but the mod bot has deleted all his posts.

I'm following your posts on this. Most of what I'm reading, requires an edit of the AMI bios modules in order to fully unlock the bios for uefi. Doesn't sound like something I want to try right now. I was hoping someone already made the mods to the bios and could publish it.

If the posts from that one dude who stated he had it all working have been removed from the thread, then chances are it was bunk and don't get your hopes up.

My attempt at hacking my n56vz got to the same point it sounds like you're at, I can boot as long as the usb drive is plugged in. I tried a few things from multibeast (one at a time,) and few on them cause KP's and few are okay to load.

When you first booted from the usb drive, did you get a black screen show up really fast that read something about the nvidia card or driver? I saw it but it was too fast for me to get the full text. Anyway.... I'm trying some things and I'll keep you informed. This laptop should make an awesome hackMBP.

Can you be more specific about how you got as far as you have? What are the 4 nvidia kexts and where are they? I have intel graphics but only 1024x768... how did you get full rez? And the trackpad working must have taken some kind of magic to make work.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back