Contribute
Register

ASUS N56V - Hackintosh Yes or No?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried that version, but it didn't work, so I plugged in a bluetooth keyboard and mouse and it worked! What do I need to do to get it showing as a single screen and not 4 mirrored screens?
no idea, not seen that before

no idea, not seen that before
Up and and running, but cannot figure out booting without USB. I followed your original guide and am using hackintool. I put my EFI on the desktop and mounted my HD. When I browse the EFI drive that is mounted, there is not an existing EFI folder in it. I enabled the hidden folders, but still don't see it. I added my EFI folder here and rebooted, but it would not boot, had to insert the flash drive. What am I missing?
3E30DD4F-F0A9-406F-B470-7E8FFCDBDDC2.jpeg

Up and and running, but cannot figure out booting without USB. I followed your original guide and am using hackintool. I put my EFI on the desktop and mounted my HD. When I browse the EFI drive that is mounted, there is not an existing EFI folder in it. I enabled the hidden folders, but still don't see it. I added my EFI folder here and rebooted, but it would not boot, had to insert the flash drive. What am I missing?View attachment 495207
just copy the EFI folder to the EFI partition

strange why your keyboard doesn't work, try a usb keyboard to test

or try an older version of PS2Controller
Does the following from the log help regarding the laptop keyboard/mouse not working properly?

35:965 00:060 OCAK: Dependency com.apple.iokit.IOHIDSystem was not found for kext org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Keyboard
36:020 00:055 Dependency com.apple.iokit.IOHIDSystem fallback to com.apple.iokit.IOHIDFamily succeeded. Please fix your kext!
36:141 00:120 OCAK: Dependency org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller was not found for kext org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Keyboard
36:209 00:067 OC: Prelinked injection VoodooPS2Controller.kext\Contents\PlugIns\VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext () - Invalid Parameter
36:269 00:060 OCAK: Dependency org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller was not found for kext org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Mouse
36:337 00:067 OC: Prelinked injection VoodooPS2Controller.kext\Contents\PlugIns\VoodooPS2Mouse.kext () - Invalid Parameter
36:397 00:060 OCAK: Dependency com.apple.iokit.IOHIDSystem was not found for kext org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Trackpad
36:452 00:054 Dependency com.apple.iokit.IOHIDSystem fallback to com.apple.iokit.IOHIDFamily succeeded. Please fix your kext!
36:514 00:061 OCAK: Dependency org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller was not found for kext org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Trackpad
36:630 00:116 OC: Prelinked injection VoodooPS2Controller.kext\Contents\PlugIns\VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext () - Invalid Parameter

Attachments

• OC.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 81
Does the following from the log help regarding the laptop keyboard/mouse not working properly?

35:965 00:060 OCAK: Dependency com.apple.iokit.IOHIDSystem was not found for kext org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Keyboard
36:020 00:055 Dependency com.apple.iokit.IOHIDSystem fallback to com.apple.iokit.IOHIDFamily succeeded. Please fix your kext!
36:141 00:120 OCAK: Dependency org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller was not found for kext org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Keyboard
36:209 00:067 OC: Prelinked injection VoodooPS2Controller.kext\Contents\PlugIns\VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext () - Invalid Parameter
36:269 00:060 OCAK: Dependency org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller was not found for kext org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Mouse
36:337 00:067 OC: Prelinked injection VoodooPS2Controller.kext\Contents\PlugIns\VoodooPS2Mouse.kext () - Invalid Parameter
36:397 00:060 OCAK: Dependency com.apple.iokit.IOHIDSystem was not found for kext org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Trackpad
36:452 00:054 Dependency com.apple.iokit.IOHIDSystem fallback to com.apple.iokit.IOHIDFamily succeeded. Please fix your kext!
36:514 00:061 OCAK: Dependency org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller was not found for kext org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Trackpad
36:630 00:116 OC: Prelinked injection VoodooPS2Controller.kext\Contents\PlugIns\VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext () - Invalid Parameter
did you try this one:

did you try this one:
I don't recall, but I will. Since I already have Catalina installed, do I still replace it on the thumb drive or do I install in Catalina itself? I still have not moved the EFI folder, so I am booting from my thumb drive. thx

I don't recall, but I will. Since I already have Catalina installed, do I still replace it on the thumb drive or do I install in Catalina itself? I still have not moved the EFI folder, so I am booting from my thumb drive. thx
replace the kext in your OC kexts folder, don't forget to enable:

Code:
<dict>
                <key>Arch</key>
                <string>Any</string>
                <key>BundlePath</key>
                <string>VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooInput.kext</string>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>ExecutablePath</key>
                <string>Contents/MacOS/VoodooInput</string>
                <key>MaxKernel</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>MinKernel</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>PlistPath</key>
                <string>Contents/Info.plist</string>
            </dict>

replace the kext in your OC kexts folder, don't forget to enable:

Code:
<dict>
                <key>Arch</key>
                <string>Any</string>
                <key>BundlePath</key>
                <string>VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooInput.kext</string>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>ExecutablePath</key>
                <string>Contents/MacOS/VoodooInput</string>
                <key>MaxKernel</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>MinKernel</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>PlistPath</key>
                <string>Contents/Info.plist</string>
            </dict>
Bingo! That one worked. Thx!

I am receiving a panic on boot now. I added a kext for my Atheros AR9485 WiFi card and added it to the config, but it panics every time now. Once I remove them, it boots okay. Panic OC folder attached as well as the log.

Attachments

• OC.zip
    12.2 MB · Views: 113
  • opencore-2020-11-12-144755.txt
    256 KB · Views: 77
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back