hd3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hello,
i would need help installing snow leopard on a laptop notebook by asus with i7-2630qm (santarosa) and Intel HD3000 graphics card (supported in snow leopard 10.6.8). It has GT540M nvidia but for what i know optimus technology is not supported. HD3000 may be enough, if it's working!
The problem is that i cannot view anything on screen after installation (black screen) when desktop arrives. Which procedure should i follow to have a full functional 10.6.8 system with hd3000 graphics? which kexts to replace/editing (or which essential ones to use if i can download them for i7 laptop santarosa i7-2630qm & intel hd3000). I also have another mac with 10.6.8, if it helps(but it is NOT santarosa, it's an older macbookpro17 aluminum core2duo, true apple mac).
i already have a patched dsdt working in ML and Lion, but i get black screen in snow leopard. Lion works quite good, and ML too (with some problems related to sleep) but i need to have a fully functional snow leopard!
Thanks!
Kaj

Have you had any luck with this? I've followed numerous guides for the N53, and the only thing I can get is a half-working 10.6.6 set-up.

nope unfortunately...with this machine it seems to be impossible to install properly snow 10.6.8 with proper graphics and to use applehda. i hope someone may help, or i need to give up soon.
kaj

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back