Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> ASUS Maximus XI Extreme/9900k Hackintosh Won't Shut down

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello
i cannot install the high sierra at all. i get stuck when loading installer usb stick from clover with a stop sign...please help. my current system does not have a gpu mounted at all...have systematiclly disabled all usb ports except the 3 i need (mouse,keyboard,usbstick)

Hi All,

First, I want to say how helpful this forum and the site's tools have been. My Hackintosh seems to be working almost perfectly, but I still have an issue with shutdown and audio. Handoff/Airdrop/iMessage work great. Audio isn't a big deal and I suspect I can just buy one of those cheap USB-3.5mm devices to fix it.

But shutdown is giving me a real pain. Basically, when I go to shut down the machine, it will do all the motions to shut down. I hear the drives spinning down and the screen goes into sleep mode, but it never actually flips the switch on the motherboard to power off. Also, if I put the machine in sleep mode, I can't wake it up. Lock screen works fine as does waking from screensaver. Putting the display to sleep doesn't work perfectly either. I have to unplug/replug the HDMI cable to get it to come back.

If anyone has any ideas, I would really appreciate getting shut down resolved! Here is my setup:

-ASUS ROG Maximus Extreme XI motherboard
-Intel 9900k CPU
- NVidia 1080TI GPU
-Fenvi networking card
-OS 10.13.6
-Clover 4844

Here are the kexts/drivers I have:
View attachment 381847

I have attached my config.plist to this as well. Please let me know any ideas you may have. I really appreciate it.

Hi, I have the same mobo, can you please share your BIOS config and version? Thanks!

Has anyone with this Asus z390 maximus xi extreme successful mapped out the USB ports ?

Has anyone with this Asus z390 maximus xi extreme successful mapped out the USB ports ?
Attached this on to your kext other directory. Make sure you do not have any other USB Kext there like inject all .

Attachments

• USBPorts.kext.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 109
Here is my Efi everything works except sleep on Catalina on Mojave it works perfect. Is anyone else having the same issue?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    18.3 MB · Views: 148
Attached this on to your kext other directory. Make sure you do not have any other USB Kext there like inject all .
Thanks....I see that your using a Asus Maximus XI Formula.....this USB.kext will work with my Asus z390 Maximus Xi Extreme?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back