Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ROG Maximus XI Extreme Z390
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Hi All,

First, I want to say how helpful this forum and the site's tools have been. My Hackintosh seems to be working almost perfectly, but I still have an issue with shutdown and audio. Handoff/Airdrop/iMessage work great. Audio isn't a big deal and I suspect I can just buy one of those cheap USB-3.5mm devices to fix it.

But shutdown is giving me a real pain. Basically, when I go to shut down the machine, it will do all the motions to shut down. I hear the drives spinning down and the screen goes into sleep mode, but it never actually flips the switch on the motherboard to power off. Also, if I put the machine in sleep mode, I can't wake it up. Lock screen works fine as does waking from screensaver. Putting the display to sleep doesn't work perfectly either. I have to unplug/replug the HDMI cable to get it to come back.

If anyone has any ideas, I would really appreciate getting shut down resolved! Here is my setup:

-ASUS ROG Maximus Extreme XI motherboard
-Intel 9900k CPU
- NVidia 1080TI GPU
-Fenvi networking card
-OS 10.13.6
-Clover 4844

Here are the kexts/drivers I have:
Screen Shot 2019-01-24 at 11.51.01 AM.png

I have attached my config.plist to this as well. Please let me know any ideas you may have. I really appreciate it.

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.3 KB · Views: 283
Okay, so I was able to fix this. Thanks for nothing, everyone! :lol: (Just kidding; lots of great resources on here).

In my case, I was able to totally fix this by installing WhateverGreen. Makes everything run much smoother.

hi
can you send me clover package please?

Hi All,

First, I want to say how helpful this forum and the site's tools have been. My Hackintosh seems to be working almost perfectly, but I still have an issue with shutdown and audio. Handoff/Airdrop/iMessage work great. Audio isn't a big deal and I suspect I can just buy one of those cheap USB-3.5mm devices to fix it.

But shutdown is giving me a real pain. Basically, when I go to shut down the machine, it will do all the motions to shut down. I hear the drives spinning down and the screen goes into sleep mode, but it never actually flips the switch on the motherboard to power off. Also, if I put the machine in sleep mode, I can't wake it up. Lock screen works fine as does waking from screensaver. Putting the display to sleep doesn't work perfectly either. I have to unplug/replug the HDMI cable to get it to come back.

If anyone has any ideas, I would really appreciate getting shut down resolved! Here is my setup:

-ASUS ROG Maximus Extreme XI motherboard
-Intel 9900k CPU
- NVidia 1080TI GPU
-Fenvi networking card
-OS 10.13.6
-Clover 4844

Here are the kexts/drivers I have:
View attachment 381847

I have attached my config.plist to this as well. Please let me know any ideas you may have. I really appreciate it.
Did you patch your USB ports? I have the same motherboard and CPU using a nzxt kraken x72 AIO....wanted to ask if you journeyed down that path to patching your USB ports...thanks

When you say "patched," I assume you mean got them all to work. And the answer is no. Not all my USB ports work, but the majority do and I only used USBInjectAll.kext, but I wouldn't call this a great or factory-equivalent solution.

Thanks for the reply....I use the same kexts to for USB ports. This is my first hack,but I'm going to try the Rehabman port mapping patch to see if I can get better USB functionality....I also use a Asus thunderbolt ex3 pcie card as well, I haven't put it back in yet, I hope it doesn't give me issues.

Thanks for the reply....I use the same kexts to for USB ports. This is my first hack,but I'm going to try the Rehabman port mapping patch to see if I can get better USB functionality....I also use a Asus thunderbolt ex3 pcie card as well, I haven't put it back in yet, I hope it doesn't give me issues.
Well it trashed my hach....back to the drawling board.

Okay, so I was able to fix this. Thanks for nothing, everyone! :lol: (Just kidding; lots of great resources on here).

In my case, I was able to totally fix this by installing WhateverGreen. Makes everything run much smoother.
Hello...hope your build is going well....any info or dsdt/ssdt mapping you might find or figure outs would appreciate the help...thanks

Would you be able to share your current Clover EFI folder? I'm having issues booting on the same hardware on Mojave, and I'm wondering if I'm missing something.

Also do you happen to be using NVMe to boot? I am getting stuck at AppleNVMe Assert failed, and I'm unsure why.

Install RC Script and EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, see attached screenshots

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 14.00.00.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 14.00.00.png
    489.5 KB · Views: 163
  • Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 14.00.05.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 14.00.05.png
    474.1 KB · Views: 161
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back