i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Have been on a waiting list for this motherboard from B&H. Just got this notification from them.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Customer

Thank you for your interest in the following item:

ASUS Republic of Gamers Maximus X Hero LGA1151 ATX Motherboard
(B&H # ASMXXHROWFAC)

You are receiving this message because you asked to be notified when this item becomes available. We regret to inform you that this item has unfortunately been discontinued. Please check back on our website for similar or possible replacement items.

We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then checking their side I see this one

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1376515-REG/asus_rog_maximus_x_code.html

Can anyone confirm that this is the same motherboard ?

Looks like the Z390 MAXIMUS HERO XI replaced it. That time of year.

Who's gonna be the first brave soul to hackintosh the HERO XI? Should we just stick with the HERO X until then?

Who's gonna be the first brave soul to hackintosh the HERO XI? Should we just stick with the HERO X until then?
I'm sticking with MyHero II as I don't see the need to upgrade to a Z390 for my use day to day use. Heck! MyHero I still does everything I need very well.

I would wait a month or so if you have to get an updated system so as to let UniBeast & MultiBeast mature with Mojave and the Z390 motherboards and CPUs.

I'm sticking with MyHero II as I don't see the need to upgrade to a Z390 for my use day to day use. Heck! MyHero I still does everything I need very well.

I would wait a month or so if you have to get an updated system so as to let UniBeast & MultiBeast mature with Mojave and the Z390 motherboards and CPUs.

Good to hear! No rush for me either. I have the ASUS Hero X so I'm still good.

Are there any updates on the Maximus XI Hero Z390 board's compatibility with Hackintoshing? having trouble finding any guides.

Same here. BTW, this is my first hackintosh PC build. Id like to know if theres any guides of building Hackintosh PC using this new Maximus XI Hero Z390 motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back