I9-9900k
Graphics
ASUS Radeon RX Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Working on a bunch of upgrades all at once. First, replaced my 980 ti with a Vega 64. Then upgraded from Sierra to Mojave, so that I can take advantage of Final Cut Pro 10.4.7. Decided to clean install instead of updating to avoid any extra weirdness. And for good measure replaced my boot SSD with a Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2, which is where the fun really began. I've searched high and low for 2 days to figure out why my BIOS can't detect the EFI partition on my NVMe drive. Mojave is installed on it, and works fine if I startup with my USB boot drive. But the BIOS only sees the legacy partition, so I can't boot from the NVMe. I've seen others with the same issue, with no real solutions.

Is my EFI partition possibly corrupt? I've tried installing the NvmExpressDxe driver into my config.plist using Clover Conf. But I get an ERROR message saying "You don't have permission to write here!" Is there some permissions issue happening with my EFI partition? Do I need to rebuild my EFI partition? How would I do that without starting from scratch?

Thanks for any input!

Let this be yet another warning to eager people, like me, who skip vital steps. Got so eager to test out my NVMe that I forgot to run Multibeast to make the drive bootable. Nothing to see here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back