Contribute
Register

Asus Maximus IV Extreme Z (Z68) and RX 480 8GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
HDMI or DisplayPort?

I've tried DVI and HDMI. I have a triple display setup. I've tried each single display and multiple. All three displays register signal but the screen is black. They don't turn off and go into power saving mode.

I've tried installing from different media along with all the other kexts, RadeonDeInit and dsdt trickery from guides and as outlined in this thread. The RX 480 just will NOT boot to the installer landing page.

I can boot into it via VMWare, but that's no good. It doesn't use the RX 480 as it has no PCIe passthrough.

I even have an old Apple-branded GT 120 that didn't work.

So, yeah. I'm out of ideas.

Cheers :)

Just wanted to note that the installer will boot all the way in both vanilla and verbose mode. The boot process is fine and I can see all the relevant hardware passes. It's just when the GPU initiates that I get nothing.

Very bizarre.

Just wanted to note that the installer will boot all the way in both vanilla and verbose mode. The boot process is fine and I can see all the relevant hardware passes. It's just when the GPU initiates that I get nothing.

Very bizarre.

DisplayPort to HDMI adapter?

Do you hare any way to test the DisplayPort?

I have a couple of DP to DVI adapters but they never seem to work. I will give it a try but I ended up just installing a Sierra VM in VMWare Player as a test bed and somewhere to create installers. Would be nice to have a dedicated hack but I work on and need Windows on this machine anyway so the VM works fine. It worked great with Yosemite and my old GT610 when I used it for audio, though. Strange.

But I think when I have some time I'll give the DP adapter a try. Thanks for the suggestion.

In other news, I installed El Capitan on my H61/Sandy Bridge HTPC in like two hours so that is rocking at the moment. Easiest build ever. MacOS is so finicky and Apple's legacy hardware support is so shitty. Honestly, that's where Windows shines. It just boots and supports so much more hardware.

Anyway, I digress. Cheers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back