i7 6700k
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 970
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey everybody!

I was spitting out issues 2 weeks ago with this laptop (which I had hackintoshed with Lion for a year already), and since then have worked out the kinks.
Being 5 months out already, I figured it was time to nuke the hard drive, and start over with windows 8 and mountain lion.

So far, I'm still doing easybeast (still a little uneasy on DSDT editing).

My Specs:
ASUS K53E-BD4DT
Intel i5 2430m (HD 3000)
8 GB 1333mhz DDR3
Atheros Ethernet
Atheros ar9285 WIFI
ELANtech Track Pad (version3?)
Realtek Audio?

Here's what I did so far:
-Installed via Unibeast. (usb, graphics worked OOB)
-After install (still booting with unibeast usb drive) I install the combo update to 10.8.2, then Multibeast (easybeast, macbook pro 8,1 definitions, voodooHDA 2.7.2, Athros Ethernet) Then restarted.
-When booting, I got the boot0:error
(not loading the bootloader, or windows for the matter. heres what to do: http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html -- check out this guide, where it says to copy the file from the unibeast drive to your drive. works like a charm. If you have more than one partition, make sure your output/destination is going to the right "diskXsX", this guide I don't think mentions it.)
-Reboot and bootloader should run fine, along with 10.8.2 working nicely.
-Audio:
---Delete Audioauuc.kext (will cause kernel panics)
---mic feedback will occur from the voodoohda (annoying, and harmful to your speakers) Heres what to do: in the voodoohda kext plist, turn the "iGain" to 0.
---if your audio clips or gets loud, you will hear awful crackling. Heres what to do: in System Preferences>VoodooHDA, then select 'Enable SSE2'.
-Install Kexts:
---Keyboard / Elan TrackPad: http://www.tonymacx86.com/laptop-compatibility/74051-elantech-touchpad-driver-mac-osx-2.html (current version: 1.7)
---Battery: VoodooBattery (version 1.3) ...google it. :)
---WIFI: download the attachment. I went through dozens of versions, many of them didn't give me wifi-n/wpa2 access. this one works perfect.

So if you do all of this, pretty much everything will work EXCEPT the following:
-Proper shut down (CPU will halt, but power will still be on, must hold down power for 3 seconds to fully shut off)
-Sleep/Wake

I'm sure you could have some success getting these issues solved if you dive into DSDT editing. But, it took me a while to get this far and am so satisfied at the moment with how well it works. Though, I will try it eventually.

Thanks for checking this out. Hope some of this information helps. Any questions, comments or augmentations to this thread, please don't hesitate to throw some feedback here.

-Notation

Attachments

• IO80211Family.kext.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,052
Wish I would have found this before I gave up on my laptop lol. k53e but my biggest problem is the atheros 9485 wifi card. Maybe I will try one more time. Every time I rebooted (after multibeast) I always lost keyboard and trackpad didnt work

To the original poster;

I used to have Lion on this laptop also; mine is K53E-BBR23. I have mostly tried (with no success) to get Snow Leopard fully operational, but I am so psyched at reading your positive response to getting this working that I just purchased Mountain Lion! I will also update and post my setup.

Does your HD3000 work OOB? I hope so, as I never could get it before now.

I also used to have the problem where the keyboard would disappear after EasyBeast install, and my original WiFi card that shipped with this had absolutely NO KEXT SUPPORT. Very frustrating, I ended up buying some type of card off of eBay and now can't remember what I bought :( Hope it works for me. I will let you all know.

I am interested in getting DSDT working for this laptop, but have never sucessfully edited DSDT on my own; I use patches found at Olarila.com for my K53E....compiles with one error which I tell the DSDT Editor to fix, ends up with 7 warnings. I install DSDT with MultiBeast, and I lose video support entirely :( On reboot I see jumbled graphic on the upper 1/4 of my screen, and I cannot reboot into Snow Leopard without -v -f DSDT=no

Does VoodooHDA give random KP once in a while on boot? I used to have that problem about 1 in 10 startups. Gain issue is well known with our chipset. And thank you for the trackpad link I will surely use it.

Wish I would have found this before I gave up on my laptop lol. k53e but my biggest problem is the atheros 9485 wifi card.

Atheros 9485 is a no-go. Replace with a compatible card instead.

Maybe I will try one more time. Every time I rebooted (after multibeast) I always lost keyboard and trackpad didnt work

That would be expected unless you installed PS/2 drivers. There is no native support for PS/2 devices in OS X.

Atheros 9485 is a no-go. Replace with a compatible card instead.

That would be expected unless you installed PS/2 drivers. There is no native support for PS/2 devices in OS X.

See that is what confused me. I did do the ps/2 drivers and got working keyboard but not working touchpad. Yea i know about the wifi card, will probably just get a dongle if I can ever get this thing working.

See that is what confused me. I did do the ps/2 drivers and got working keyboard but not working touchpad. Yea i know about the wifi card, will probably just get a dongle if I can ever get this thing working.

It probably then depends on what touchpad is in your machine. It could be that there is driver support in the PS/2 support package that recognizes your touchpad, but doesn't work with it (perhaps the code is too old and the touchpad is too new). In that case you could have removed the touchpad driver to force the ps/2 drivers to treat it as a mouse:

Code:
# in Terminal
# if it was ApplePS2Controller...
sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePS2Trackpad.kext
# or if it was VoodooPS2Controller...
sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/ContentsPlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext
# then force rebuild of kernel cache
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

That will take the trackpad driver out of the equation and force it to use Voodoo/ApplePS2Mouse.kext instead which is a fairly generic PS/2 mouse driver and will likely work with any trackpad.

But it can all depend on exactly what you did to install, how you were booting, what's in your DSDT, what version of the PS2 drivers you installed (there are many) and what the particular trackpad device is.

It probably then depends on what touchpad is in your machine. It could be that there is driver support in the PS/2 support package that recognizes your touchpad, but doesn't work with it (perhaps the code is too old and the touchpad is too new). In that case you could have removed the touchpad driver to force the ps/2 drivers to treat it as a mouse:

Code:
# in Terminal
# if it was ApplePS2Controller...
sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePS2Trackpad.kext
# or if it was VoodooPS2Controller...
sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/ContentsPlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext
# then force rebuild of kernel cache
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

That will take the trackpad driver out of the equation and force it to use Voodoo/ApplePS2Mouse.kext instead which is a fairly generic PS/2 mouse driver and will likely work with any trackpad.

But it can all depend on exactly what you did to install, how you were booting, what's in your DSDT, what version of the PS2 drivers you installed (there are many) and what the particular trackpad device is.

Idk if this helps at all but it specifically breaks when I do the boot fix (dd if=/Volumes....) But when I boot from the flash drive without doing the fix it works? Weird

Idk if this helps at all but it specifically breaks when I do the boot fix (dd if=/Volumes....) But when I boot from the flash drive without doing the fix it works? Weird

That means you either didn't install ps2 drivers to your hard disk, or they were different drivers than the ones used on the USB stick. This is a confusing point for a lot of people because they don't realize that Unibeast creates a USB stick with a few key drivers installed to the USB's /Extra/Extensions directory. Take a look at it some time so you know what is there...

At this point what do I actually do to fix the problem? I am using unibeast 1.5.3 and the latest multibeast. Should I try an older multibeast with older drivers?

At this point what do I actually do to fix the problem? I am using unibeast 1.5.3 and the latest multibeast. Should I try an older multibeast with older drivers?

Install PS/2 drivers using Multibeast. Troubleshoot from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back