Contribute
Register

ASUS K53E (Success)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Install PS/2 drivers using Multibeast. Troubleshoot from there.

Got everything installed (posting from it now) and actually kind of got the touchpad working but it is extremely finicky. Wifi won't work until my adapter gets here but sleep/shutdown are the only things I think that can't get fixed.

Got everything installed (posting from it now) and actually kind of got the touchpad working but it is extremely finicky. Wifi won't work until my adapter gets here but sleep/shutdown are the only things I think that can't get fixed.

What PS/2 drivers are you running with now? This is Elan trackpad, so you're after just mouse emulation unless you find a driver written specifically for your trackpad, right?

What do you mean by finicky?

You could also try my drivers. They don't have support for Elan trackpad, but you could use mouse emulation in VoodooPS2Mouse...

What PS/2 drivers are you running with now? This is Elan trackpad, so you're after just mouse emulation unless you find a driver written specifically for your trackpad, right?

You could also try my drivers. They don't have support for Elan trackpad, but you could use mouse emulation in VoodooPS2Mouse...

Well I actually installed kexts meant for me trackpad. The problem I am having is idk what version of elan I have.

Been a lot of hard work but finally got trackpad, audio (not hdmi though not a huge deal because I can just use speakers), ethernet (wireless adapter will be here monday), and it seems like everything is working well. Thanks for all of your help, I really appreciate it!

This might come late but Wifi is working with the stock Apple drivers. All you have to do is:

1. Open /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirportAtheros40.kext/Contents/Info.plist with admin privileges in TextEdit or your favorite text editor
2. Find the lines
<key>IONameMatch</key>
<array>
<string>pci168c,30</string>
<string>pci168c,2a</string>
3. Add <string>pci168c,2b</string> right after the <string>pci168c,2a</string> in a new line (it doesn't matter really, as long as it's within that <array> tag).
5. Restart
6. Open Preferences > Network and voila! In 10.8.2 and above however, you need to load the driver manually:
sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros40.kext
... or put a LaunchDaemon that will call kextload with this whole path as a command line argument.

Hope that solves it.

This might come late but Wifi is working with the stock Apple drivers. All you have to do is:

1. Open /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirportAtheros40.kext/Contents/Info.plist with admin privileges in TextEdit or your favorite text editor
2. Find the lines
<key>IONameMatch</key>
<array>
<string>pci168c,30</string>
<string>pci168c,2a</string>
3. Add <string>pci168c,2b</string> right after the <string>pci168c,2a</string> in a new line (it doesn't matter really, as long as it's within that <array> tag).
5. Restart
6. Open Preferences > Network and voila! In 10.8.2 and above however, you need to load the driver manually:
sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros40.kext
... or put a LaunchDaemon that will call kextload with this whole path as a command line argument.

Hope that solves it.

This is one way, but your changes will be wiped out by almost every system update. A better solution is to patch DSDT to remap the ID to 168c:0030.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back