Contribute
Register

Asus K401UB Stuck at IOConsoleUser gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus K401UB (Clover)
CPU
i7-6500U
Graphics
Nvidia Geforce 940M + HD520
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I have an Asus K401UB which I have followed Rehabman's Laptop Installation Guide. I didn't install the OSX initially using the laptop. Instead I used my desktop(built it according to Tonymacx86 2013 Buyer's Guide) which is in the bio to install OSX onto the SSD so I do not know whether it will boot into the installer. So I plugged the SSD into the Laptop and it has the error IOConsole gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0 and it keeps disappear and then appear. I went to google and it leads me to something related to the Lilu.kext and AppleGraphicsFixUp.kext which is required to boot since 10.12.5 which I already have them in my EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/OTHER folder so I thought maybe it's not working in the EFI folder since some kexts according to Rehabman so I went to install it in the System/Library/Extensions folder using my desktop. Attached is my Clover folder. Thanks!

Specs: Asus K401UB (Clover)
Intel i7-6500U/Intel(R) 100 Series Chipset
Graphics: Intel HD520

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 99
Hi, I have an Asus K401UB which I have followed Rehabman's Laptop Installation Guide. I didn't install the OSX initially using the laptop. Instead I used my desktop(built it according to Tonymacx86 2013 Buyer's Guide) which is in the bio to install OSX onto the SSD so I do not know whether it will boot into the installer. So I plugged the SSD into the Laptop and it has the error IOConsole gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0 and it keeps disappear and then appear. I went to google and it leads me to something related to the Lilu.kext and AppleGraphicsFixUp.kext which is required to boot since 10.12.5 which I already have them in my EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/OTHER folder so I thought maybe it's not working in the EFI folder since some kexts according to Rehabman so I went to install it in the System/Library/Extensions folder using my desktop. Attached is my Clover folder. Thanks!

Specs: Asus K401UB (Clover)
Intel i7-6500U/Intel(R) 100 Series Chipset
Graphics: Intel HD520

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Hi Rehabman thank you for the reply. I've added my laptop info in my signature and also I did read and follow the guide booting the OS X installer but I didn't follow the first step which was to create the installer on an USB because I don't any USB thumb drives around but I do have a couple of sata hard drives hence I used it to create an installer by plugging into my desktop using those extra cables inside the chassis. I can't boot into the OS so I can't download patchmatic nor ioregistry and attach the problem reporting files but what I can do is to attach the Clover folder which I managed to get using my desktop and a photo of the error. Thanks!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 95
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 169
Hi Rehabman thank you for the reply. I've added my laptop info in my signature and also I did read and follow the guide booting the OS X installer but I didn't follow the first step which was to create the installer on an USB because I don't any USB thumb drives around but I do have a couple of sata hard drives hence I used it to create an installer by plugging into my desktop using those extra cables inside the chassis. I can't boot into the OS so I can't download patchmatic nor ioregistry and attach the problem reporting files but what I can do is to attach the Clover folder which I managed to get using my desktop and a photo of the error. Thanks!

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

missing:
- misc/preboot.log (forgot to press F2)
- ACPI/origin (forgot to press F4)

Other notes:
- apfs.efi is missing from drivers64UEFI
- guide recommends OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, not OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi
- your profile/signature is missing screen resolution
- unless you plan to use a USB keyboard, you will likely need VoodooPS2Controller.kext in Clover/kexts/Other
- and you will also likely need Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

missing:
- misc/preboot.log (forgot to press F2)
- ACPI/origin (forgot to press F4)

Other notes:
- apfs.efi is missing from drivers64UEFI
- guide recommends OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, not OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi
- your profile/signature is missing screen resolution
- unless you plan to use a USB keyboard, you will likely need VoodooPS2Controller.kext in Clover/kexts/Other
- and you will also likely need Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext

Hi Rehabman thank you for the reply. Attached is the clover files which includes the reboot.log, ACPI/Origin, OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, Lilu.kext, IntelGraphicsFixup.kext and ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext(because my touchpad is elan). I didnt include the apfs.efi initially as I followed your guide on how to install on an SSD using HFS+J rather than apfs so I thought it wasn't necessary hence I didn't include it. Also the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 instead of OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi because my desktop couldn't boot past clover without the former efi driver. The Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixUp.kext initially I placed in the clover kexts/other folder but it didn't work so I tried to install System/Library/Extensions hence the clover folder I attached earlier didnt have it because I had already removed. Really thank you for your help!!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 86
Hi Rehabman thank you for the reply. Attached is the clover files which includes the reboot.log, ACPI/Origin, OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, Lilu.kext, IntelGraphicsFixup.kext and ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext(because my touchpad is elan). I didnt include the apfs.efi initially as I followed your guide on how to install on an SSD using HFS+J rather than apfs so I thought it wasn't necessary hence I didn't include it. Also the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 instead of OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi because my desktop couldn't boot past clover without the former efi driver. The Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixUp.kext initially I placed in the clover kexts/other folder but it didn't work so I tried to install System/Library/Extensions hence the clover folder I attached earlier didnt have it because I had already removed. Really thank you for your help!!

Your preboot.log shows an Nvidia graphics device:
Code:
0:100  0:000  PCI (00|01:00.00) : 10DE 1347 class=030200

Your profile/signature is inaccurate (doesn't mention Nvidia). Please fix as per FAQ.

Then read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-only-ran-for-0-seconds-with-dual-gpu.233092/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back