Contribute
Register

ASUS Hyper M.2 X16 Card V2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi i have asrock board, and the slot is on 3rd slot. Your instructions are very clear but my bad i dont understand at all. could anyone help me please? I have register my ioreg

if i dont raid can i use four independent slots?

Thanks.

Attachments

• iMac Pro-Hyper.ioreg
    7.5 MB · Views: 106
Hi - Im looking at this card currently for non raid in my Hackintosh. Im already running the startech one port for my system drive on catalina, and looking to add more M2 nvme in same slot. Im concerned re fan noise though as I do audio work. Any opinions?

Last edited:
Hi mgregrs and everyone,

I bought this Asus X16 M.2 Hyper card, and put it in the 16x slot of my Z390 designare. But for the moment, I couldn't make it work correctly. I own an iMac Pro (2017) with a 3,6 GHz Intel Core i9 9900KF, running Mojave 10.14.6, 64 Go 2133 MHz DDR4 memory. In the Asus card, there is a Samsung 970 Evo plus 2 TB NVME SSD that I can normally use, and there is a Sabrent 1 TB NVME SSD with is not seen by my system... I did exactly what mgregrs told at steps 1 (adding SLO1 -> AHXC (ACPI replacement patch in Clover Configurator Section "ACPI" under "DSDT Patches")) & 2 (Adding the " .aml " file to the EFI folder). But at step 3, I can't find "SL01" with the IORegistryExlorer app.

Can anyone help please ?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hi, just an update that:

I have Asus X299 Delux 2, my Asus card is on PCIE_2 of the mother board... I'm using OpenCore 0.6.3 and everything works OOB. I didn't do anything. and it just works.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 22.21.03.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 22.21.03.png
    525.3 KB · Views: 145
That being said, I found that, with Video card at pcie 1 and Asus in pcie slot2. Any card in the pcie slot 3 is not detected by BIOS or mac... weird. My CPU is 10980XE, which I think supports 44 (if not 48) PCIE lanes

Last edited:
That being said, I found that, with Video card at pcie 1 and Asus in pcie slot2. Any card in the pcie slot 3 is not detected by BIOS or mac... weird. My CPU is 10980XE, which I think supports 44 (if not 48) PCIE lanes
The 10980XE has 48 lanes. I have the same motherboard and just bought the card. What OSX are you using, and did you try putting the drives in RAID?

Hey guys I have Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO and trying to get this card working on Big Sur - Open Core. OOB I can see one M.2 SSD, but the rest I can not. I guess I will have to do all the stuff in the guide. I am scared of the guide :D But will give it a try. Anyone have this working on a Gigabyte board?

@Seehank
I don’t have the Gigabyte board, but I installed mine with 4 SSDs on my ASUS X299 Prime Deluxe II this weekend, works perfect without EFI modification. If you have PCIe 1 slot (x16) open, go to the IOports settings in the BIOS, set the bifurcation for that slot, and you should be good to go. Its on pg 34 of your motherboar’s manual For the X570 Aorus Pro.

@Seehank
I don’t have the Gigabyte board, but I installed mine with 4 SSDs on my ASUS X299 Prime Deluxe II this weekend, works perfect without EFI modification. If you have PCIe 1 slot (x16) open, go to the IOports settings in the BIOS, set the bifurcation for that slot, and you should be good to go. Its on pg 34 of your motherboar’s manual For the X570 Aorus Pro.
I will try this. OOB I saw only one, but might be exactly the bifurcation.

Any one can raid 4 ssd on this hyper card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back