Contribute
Register

Asus H61M-C + Intel Pentium G2030 Hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have this build I won from a raffle that I want to turn into a Hackintosh. Here are the specs:

Motherboard: Asus H61M-C
Processor: Intel Pentium G2030
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics
HDD: Seagate 500GB
RAM: 4GB Kingston 1333 RAM
Audio: Realtek ALC887
LAN: Realtek RTL8111F

I'm not looking for a specific version of OS X any supported version will do for me :thumbup:

I have this build I won from a raffle that I want to turn into a Hackintosh. Here are the specs:

Motherboard: Asus H61M-C
Processor: Intel Pentium G2030
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics
HDD: Seagate 500GB
RAM: 4GB Kingston 1333 RAM
Audio: Realtek ALC887
LAN: Realtek RTL8111F

I'm not looking for a specific version of OS X any supported version will do for me :thumbup:

You will need to add a graphics card to that build; Intel HD Graphics (as opposed to HD 3000 and higher) are not supported. Also, I believe you will need to find or make a DSDT file for your motherboard in order to get everything working optimally.

Upon checking the Buyer's Guide I don't see any cheap cards available in my area. So far the ones that fit my budget are the nVidia GTX 650 and the GT 630. I have a 500W PSU which one of these should I get?

Upon checking the Buyer's Guide I don't see any cheap cards available in my area. So far the ones that fit my budget are the nVidia GTX 650 and the GT 630. I have a 500W PSU which one of these should I get?

The GT 630 doesn't require auxiliary power from the PSU, so it's probably the safer bet of the two. However, if you're just looking for a very inexpensive graphics card, try looking at older versions of the Buyer's Guide and see if you can get any of the older cards listed there. Even though they're not in the current Buyer's Guide, most of the older cards will still work with Yosemite.

The GT 630 doesn't require auxiliary power from the PSU, so it's probably the safer bet of the two. However, if you're just looking for a very inexpensive graphics card, try looking at older versions of the Buyer's Guide and see if you can get any of the older cards listed there. Even though they're not in the current Buyer's Guide, most of the older cards will still work with Yosemite.

Well I'm putting into account the amount of power the GPU will need because I can't afford to replace the PSU and buy a GPU at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back