CPU
i5-8600K
Graphics
RX 580 + UHD630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello to all and I thought I'll post my journey into my first hackintosh as for the past 3 days I've been trying to get running with a lot of fun and games along the way. If its ok I'll post my progress along the way as if I need to restart then I have this account.

My Setup:
CPU: i5-8600k
MB: ASUS H370-I ITX
Memory: 2 x 8gb Corsair LPX
HD: Samsung 500gb 970 EVO
Video: Sapphire RX560 4GB Pulse
WIFI: Broadcom BCM94352Z

I wish to say a special thanks to Sennen for this post #7 and Thrint for his struggles on here.

Last edited:
Installation:

Creating a USB install disk was straight forward until I tried to use it, then the fun and games started. None of the USB ports worked. So after a lot of reading and trail and error. I found a port limit patch that worked and started using Clover Configurator.

Checked FixOwnership and Inject flags and installed XHCI-300-series-injector.kext & USBInjectAll.kext too to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/Clover/kexts/Other.

Now we're cooking I thought? Went through the install process as mentioned in the installation guide but it got stuck on 2 minutes remaining. So after some more reading and various tries and other peoples EFI's.

In the drivers64UEFI folder, I replaced AptioMemoryFix-64.efi with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi and voila a full install.

Attachments

• EFI - install.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 454
My post settings are very similar too Sennen's.

Audio
  • Set AppleALC & 100 / 200 / 300 Series Audio Support (HDAS -> HDEF) on the drivers tab in Multibeast.
  • In Clover Configurator Devices->Audio->ResetHDA checked and Inject set 7.
Restart, sleep and shutdown
  • installed driver EmuVariableUefi-64.efi via Clover Configurator.
Networking
  • Via Mutltibeast, installed RealtekRTL8111 v2.2.2 & intelMausiEthernet v2.4.0.
  • For WIFI/BT installed kext's, AirportBrcmFixup.kext, BrcmFirmwareData.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext via KextBeast.
  • Set "brcmfx-country=XX" boot argument in CC to X3 for the UK for some reason like on my MBP.
Patches
  • Change HECI to IMEI (don't know really why?).

Fixes
  • AddMCHC.
  • AddPNLF.
  • FixHPET.
  • FixRTC.
  • FixShutdown.
  • FixTMR.
Misc
  • In Clover Configurator, SSDT->Generate Options->PluginType:checked
  • Also in In Clover Configurator, Boot->Arguments -xcpm and dart=0 checked
  • SMBIOS iMac18,2.
  • XMPDetection=Yes.

Attachments

• EFI - post.zip
    21.3 MB · Views: 288
Last edited:
Next I need to do a custom SSDT for USB injection.

Is there anything else I need to do or try? TIA :mrgreen:

Hi I myself have a H370 ADRUS GAMING 3 WIFI, so slowly I am desperate. I've been trying to get the computer running for too long now.
Now I have tried your EFI folder and can't get any further. The Apple logo appears and then it takes a few minutes until the loading bar has almost run through. Then it unfortunately breaks off and a crossed out character appears.

Could you help me?

@TheFox, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card(s).
The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.

Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v) and Don't reboot on panic (debug=0x100).

@TheFox, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card(s).

Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v) and Don't reboot on panic (debug=0x100).

thank you very much, I have restarted the computer several times and each time the boot process stopped at the same place.
IMG_2836.jpg IMG_2837.jpg

thank you very much, I have restarted the computer several times and each time the boot process stopped at the same place.
Are you sure that it has actually stopped ? I have seen builds stall at this point for several minutes but still complete.
Press the caps lock key and see if the light goes on/off.

Serial ports (SuperIO) should be disabled in the BIOS settings :

Serial.png

Hi I myself have a H370 ADRUS GAMING 3 WIFI, so slowly I am desperate. I've been trying to get the computer running for too long now.
Now I have tried your EFI folder and can't get any further. The Apple logo appears and then it takes a few minutes until the loading bar has almost run through. Then it unfortunately breaks off and a crossed out character appears.

Could you help me?

Sorry but I can't help you as I'm new to this and your motherboard is not the same as mine although it's the same chipset.

Thought I'd do some testing today.

Geekbench
  • Single-core score = 5455.
  • Multi-core score = 21965.
  • OpenCL score = 68549.
Graphics

I choose a dedicated graphics card so I did not have to set up the integrated graphics as Im not planning to do with anything video based as I have a windows HTPC/gaming machine which could do that anyway. Using my DELL S2817Q monitor I'm able to run at 4K @ 60Hz on both HDMI and DP.

Networking

The wifi works fine on 5Hz but I always hardwire my networking devices anyway. No problem in seeing my NAS and streaming.

Bluetooth

Using my Magic keyboard and mouse with no issues but my MB does moan there is no keyboard present.

Audio
  • HDMI, "DELL S2817Q" in sound preferences.
  • DP, "DELL S2817Q" in sound preferences.
  • front Headphone socket, "Headphones" in sound preferences.
  • C/Sub (MB back panel, pink), one of the "Line Out" in sound preferences.
  • Rear (MB back panel, black), the other "Line Out" in sound preferences.
  • Digital Out (MB back panel), not tested.
  • Line Out (MB back panel, green), "Internal Speakers" in sound preferences.
  • Mic In (MB back panel, pink), "internal Microphone" in sound preferences.
  • Front Microphone socket, one of the "Line In" option in sound preferences.
  • Line In (MB back panel, blue), "Line In" option in sound preferences.

Installed the hardware monitor via MultiBeast, see attached screen shot, as well as a screen shot of my system thus far.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-12-28 at 11.40.48.png
    Screenshot 2018-12-28 at 11.40.48.png
    430.7 KB · Views: 243
  • Screenshot 2018-12-28 at 12.32.03.png
    Screenshot 2018-12-28 at 12.32.03.png
    124.7 KB · Views: 263
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back